Recommend for Portable Air Con. TRENDS good?

oakley

Reaction score
hi, i'm planning to buy the 14k from Giant soon.... anyone else recently bought?

wats ur experience with the portable aircon so far?

Last edited:

kamelp

Reaction score
hi, anyone using the same model? just bought one today but cant cool my room

oakley

Reaction score
which model r u using? I'm using the newer touch screen model jus released for living room about 14000 BTU... its cool but not cold enough for LR...

Last edited:

kamelp

Reaction score
which model r u using? I'm using the newer touch screen model jus released for living room about 14000 BTU... its cool but not cold enough for LR...

i called trends and ask about the aircon is not cold enough for my rm and the guy give me the answer was : because its a "portable aircon" so cant expect as good as those split unit aircon" i hear liao felt full of bull****s so i hangup the phone instead wasting more time. but i call back to carrfore and told them about the aircon and they agree to change for me another model but will be still the same brand because they only sell trends portable aircon.

the old trends model cost $399. so i picked up another model which required me to topup for another $150 ($549) its also 9000btu delivery today afternoon to my house. lets pray this model can cool my small rm :(

Last edited:

Tabbe

Reaction score
i called trends and ask about the aircon is not cold enough for my rm and the guy give me the answer was : because its a "portable aircon" so cant expect as good as those split unit aircon" i hear liao felt full of bull****s so i hangup the phone instead wasting more time. but i call back to carrfore and told them about the aircon and they agree to change for me another model but will be still the same brand because they only sell trends portable aircon.

the old trends model cost $399. so i picked up another model which required me to topup for another $150 ($549) its also 9000btu delivery today afternoon to my house. lets pray this model can cool my small rm :(

any update?

i thot can refund from carefor

kamelp

Reaction score
any update?

i thot can refund from carefor
hello
did an exchange for another trend portable aircon model which required me to topup $150 additional($549). it is also 9000btu but the fan is much powerful can feel the wing stronger than the $399 that model. overall, i think this new model is slightly better(cooler by 1-2 degree) but still sucks. very noisy get a split aircon is still better. sometimes also water leakage and wet my whole room.oh ya! and if your blast this aircon to the highest fan speed, water will spray out together with the air and i called trend again, same guy answered same bullshi* answered as well. this time was "fan speed too high this definately occure try lower down the spd" yawn

CyanCyan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Srry to dig this old thread.
My trend unit got some water problem now.
Apparently the water cannot be re-cycled, maybe the pump is damaged. After a while the compressor will shut down and go into fan mode. I have to release the water to get it back on again.

Got some other company's service to come see, they spot the problem but cannot fix it.
So no bo bian think gotto call Trends.

Anyone can let me know the TRENDS service number please?
Thank you.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the trends portable 14k btu or lower is very compact

din ask about how to fix the exhaust but hope the current model is similar to what i know for another brand saw in PC show. The one show here looks similar to delongi.

no screws needed. place the plastic faceplate (in 2 halfs, can slide) at your window and slide one half to the full height of your window then there are holes where you can insert a stopper to keep that height. Then close the window till it reaches the faceplate. Connect the pipe to the faceplate.

to me, little leak is ok. this allows the aircon to be move around easily.

i plan only to use it when the hall is too warm so only use a few hours then will dismantle and park it in the store :D

so is trends aircon worth getting? :D

Last edited:

oakley

Reaction score
oki i'm back to this thread... those who looked up and saw my post i finally bought the 14k unit for my LR and have been using it since Feb...

My review for this unit is not bad... can cool the LR but not make it cold like room wall mounted aircon... u definitely wun sweat with this aircon...

I'm here to announced that i'm planning to sell this portable aircon away! Bcos i'm underutilising it cos seldom turn it on in the LR! haha... wasted right but one man loss is another man's gain...

So who's interested feel free to PM me... btw i bought @ 999...

w00tw00t

Reaction score
When I check with the guys from Carrefour or Giant, they unanimously informed that the S$399 Trends aircon can only cool a small room. One even stated a "small store room"...

I'm not sure if it is really that weak or they're trying to push a higher end model. Any clues?

oakley

Reaction score
When I check with the guys from Carrefour or Giant, they unanimously informed that the S$399 Trends aircon can only cool a small room. One even stated a "small store room"...

I'm not sure if it is really that weak or they're trying to push a higher end model. Any clues?

Portable aircon is never as strong as wall mounted aircon... probably too many people have this perception so they bought and den did not experience the same effect as a wall mounted one and got angry and complain...

so probably they wanna downplay your expectations so when u buy u already know the capabilities...

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it is indeed week... the same BTU for wall mount aircon to cool a room, for portable maybe u need close to 2x for portable aircon to cool the same room.........:eek::eek::eek::eek:

in any case, it is more economical to buy wall mount aircon...... u just need to spend few hundreds dollar more.........aircon now not very ex........:eek::eek::eek:

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wall mount need to lay trunking and install compressor
cost of aircon is not the issue... is the convenience that counts
especially for those whose decor already done up... not so easy to just add a wall mount aircon

hope future potable aircon can be quieter and more efficient

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wall mount need to lay trunking and install compressor
cost of aircon is not the issue... is the convenience that counts
especially for those whose decor already done up... not so easy to just add a wall mount aircon

hope future potable aircon can be quieter and more efficient

that's why before decor must install aircon first......it is a essential electronic appliance in a house nowadays unlike last time........:D:D:D

nowadays weather is so hot........:(:(:(

w00tw00t

Reaction score
Is the problem with the $399 aircon due to the weak blower? Coz I could mitigate this by running a few fans in the room to circulate the cold air. In theory, 9000 BTU is quite enough for a reasonable sized room.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the problem with the $399 aircon due to the weak blower? Coz I could mitigate this by running a few fans in the room to circulate the cold air. In theory, 9000 BTU is quite enough for a reasonable sized room.

for common room ok, master bedroom with such BTU will take longer time to cool down..........:(:(:(:(:(

w00tw00t

Reaction score
for common room ok, master bedroom with such BTU will take longer time to cool down..........:(:(:(:(:(
Just wondering... do you own that particular model? I'm looking for actual experience rather than "theory". Coz the rated BTU might not be the actual BTU the unit is producing. Nobody measured the actual BTU, so based on the poor reviews here, it seems to be much lower than 9000.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.