Water heater

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My Joven 25HE having problems, any idea how much does it cost to fix this?
Any recommendation?
TIA

AshleeWu

Reaction score
I had a friend's heater was also having this problem.
He didn't bother to fix it though - afraid that the same problem may occur.
Change to and Ariston heater if i'm not wrong with plus point that it looks sleeker than other heaters!

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My Joven 25HE having problems, any idea how much does it cost to fix this?
Any recommendation?
TIA

I changing heater now they wan chop me at hoo kee for 300 just for installation. Saying because different heater need to extra piping.

If use back Ariston, just fit in heater charge 200.

A bit suspicious leh. Change a few pipe charge me so much.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do all of you know that storage tank leaking? Mine installed in the concealed false ceiling so that means no way I can tell right.

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do all of you know that storage tank leaking? Mine installed in the concealed false ceiling so that means no way I can tell right.

There should be an access panel that you can open in the false ceiling near the concealed water heater.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oic. But for no reason one will not take a ladder up to see. Any sign that the tank is leaking?

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oic. But for no reason one will not take a ladder up to see. Any sign that the tank is leaking?

Depending on how serious the leak is, the false ceiling below (or surrounding area), will usually have :

1) a discoloured surface paint colour, compared to unaffected areas

2) rippled/bulging/sagging surface

3) soft/disintergrating/squishy feeling when pressed

You may get all of the above or none - it depends on how serious the leak is.

A small leak may take weeks or months to show any visible signs.

There usually could be a musty smell as well, but you may not notice it if the area is well ventilated.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If my mother's house currently using instant heater, but she would like to install storage heater as the water from the storage heater has more "power". Can she still install the storage heater though she has the instant heater in the bathroom?

johnoon

Reaction score
I recently bought a Aroston 30L storage heater cuz I enjoy hot shower, but have to wait for 30min heating time Everytime use it... If I can not wait this long in the morning, well, 15 min can support you with half a shower

I think 15L is better. Heat up fast. No need 30 L so big.

johnoon

Reaction score
Never ever use gas water heater. You will waste a lot of water waiting for it to get hot. And then sometimes it never get hot. Also the temperature may end up either too hot or too cold. You only have a few secs to bath before it gets too hot or too cold! I really suffer from it. Now I am looking at 15L Ariston water heater. It is squrish and looks nicer than the vertical Rheem type where you have to look at its bottom everyday.

cdrom85

Reaction score
Does it make sense to buy water heaters separately, and engage electrician/contractor separately to help install? Or would it be better to buy from a place like Courts and have them arrange for everything?

I have a master bedroom bathroom which has never had any water heater installed before. Does anyone know whether it will cost more to install a water heater there?

Thanks a lot.

buyingthings

Reaction score
where to get parts

My instant hot shower failed to heat up intermittently. Have to turn the water on and off several times before the LED turns on and there is hot water. Traced the fault to the flow switch. Unbelievable. This is a vibration activated switch placed close to the incoming stem of the inlet unit. When the water flows in, the vibration caused the switch to be set ON. Due to aging, its performance is intermittent. It is inside a black plastic casing. When I opened the casing, I saw a glass tube with a wire soldered to each end. Where to get a replacement for the part? Info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I live at 5th floor and just install the Rinnai Rain Shower Heater, water pressure is good and price is reasonable as well. =:p

jep

Reaction score
installation/replace

Anyone can recommend good and reliable contractor to replace/install water heater?

My current one spoil and I realised that Q10 sellers mostly don't provide installation.

icyboiz

Reaction score
am looking for recommendation for NEW installation of water heater as well. anyone got recommendation? thinking of getting this brand aerogalz or something, now just need find someone reliable with reasonable pricing.

yahiko839

Reaction score
My instant hot shower failed to heat up intermittently. Have to turn the water on and off several times before the LED turns on and there is hot water. Traced the fault to the flow switch. Unbelievable. This is a vibration activated switch placed close to the incoming stem of the inlet unit. When the water flows in, the vibration caused the switch to be set ON. Due to aging, its performance is intermittent. It is inside a black plastic casing. When I opened the casing, I saw a glass tube with a wire soldered to each end. Where to get a replacement for the part? Info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I having the same problem as you. Now led totally off and water not hot.

mochi8

Reaction score
Any reliable contractor that charges not too ex. My Jovan storage heater been tripping when I on e switch. Water's too cold in e morning, keep catching a cold.
Called some contractors, they charge almost 170 and above.

Sent from Momo momo 1, 2, 3 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.