2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread III [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

weixiang80

Master Member
Reaction score
You mean positioning of speaker using the inverted triangular to listening position yes....that is important as well as sound pressure level using SPL meter if doing home theater setup....

Ohh.... okie noted.
Thanks

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AxBG8qZl.jpg

IktIeiJl.jpg

Sianz maybe I shouldn't have sold my company to HiVi.

All my work and my company now gets unnoticed and belongs to China.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Probably the opposite: Who has heard of *any* Swan speaker model before 2008 (year of M200MKIII)? Even the original M200 isn't seen anywhere.

China performance vs price plays a big role.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From what I see, it's the computer series from Swans that doesn't last long.

Swans m10, m50w becoz they use lao ya capacitor.

But m200 seems fine.

M200MKII leh.

MKIII seems to be using decent caps. But how would we know because this is China.

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
Probably the opposite: Who has heard of *any* Swan speaker model before 2008 (year of M200MKIII)? Even the original M200 isn't seen anywhere.

?? The m200mkiii still design by ang mo.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Will pop by Adelphi again some day.
uoFMjTB.jpg

There is a promo on dynaudio at AVone, you can't go wrong with dyna but a bit more ex price close to ls50w but dyna always have better small details, warm and better bass in compare to ls50, Kef is more of a brighter sounding maybe due to the aluminum tweeter have a bit on metal sounding just like focal M-shaped inverted dome tweeter which is aluminum as well....both are bright

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
M200MKII leh.

MKIII seems to be using decent caps. But how would we know because this is China.

huh why would u conisder mkii when there's mkiii LOL but mkii uses decent cap too i tot?

mkiii cap cfm no problem.

they use jpn rubycon cap

Last edited:

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score

the swan company is still ang moh even today.

Just that parental company is Chinese HiVi.

AZE

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys toe in ur speakers?

Yes.
Toeing in makes a big difference.

There are different styles of toeing in with different effects.

I used a relaxed golden triangle( speakers and listener position maintain equilateral triangle, speakers toe in 45 degree ) toe in style to increase sweet spot size while maintaining good imaging and accuracy.:o

Amon86

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Will pop by Adelphi again some day.

You will not be disappointed with dynaudio cause they make great speaker, I had a bowers and wilkins cm8s2 floorstander before in my room, got myself a dynaudio special forty actually for my desktop use...after my special 40 arrive i place them to my room and have a listen...i decided to shift those cm8s2 out for home theater use......

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You will not be disappointed with dynaudio cause they make great speaker, I had a bowers and wilkins cm8s2 floorstander before in my room, got myself a dynaudio special forty actually for my desktop use...after my special 40 arrive i place them to my room and have a listen...i decided to shift those cm8s2 out for home theater use......

Strangely enough if you ask around the pro audio scene you can get some interesting opinions on Dynaudio.

But then again so do Adam in the pro sector and B&W and KEF in the home sector.

But that's exactly how all these brands manage to coexist.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
huh why would u conisder mkii when there's mkiii LOL but mkii uses decent cap too i tot?

mkiii cap cfm no problem.

they use jpn rubycon cap

Because MKII is still being sold alongside MKIII as a cheaper non-biamp alternative. And people have repaired it and posted what went wrong.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Btw for desktop usage wat wld b a good n cheap DIY way 4 isolation between speakers n desktop? Now my cheapo 2.1 creative speakers is placed on a low wardrobe n tats where the new speakers will b too. There’s vibration when I turn vol or bass up.

Amon86

Reaction score
Btw for desktop usage wat wld b a good n cheap DIY way 4 isolation between speakers n desktop? Now my cheapo 2.1 creative speakers is placed on a low wardrobe n tats where the new speakers will b too. There’s vibration when I turn vol or bass up.

Auralex MoPAD cheap and good...another level will be isoacoustic able to adjust height level to reach your ear level....

there is another cheaper alternative buy from daiso those circular small pad put below

Mopad are around $50+ which i brought 3 years ago but sold off then brought aperta
uKEvw8l.jpg

0XcPehd.jpg

two angle either front upfiring or downfiring.....

here are example of isoacoustic which i brought for my sis's setup it comes with 2 different height config
69ay5gC.jpg

XvqzEoN.jpg

Here the overall look
SV64KPr.jpg

Last edited:

Amon86

Reaction score
Strangely enough if you ask around the pro audio scene you can get some interesting opinions on Dynaudio.

But then again so do Adam in the pro sector and B&W and KEF in the home sector.

But that's exactly how all these brands manage to coexist.

Branding is not important in the hifi community, is just buying a trust in reputation and the quality they promise you are able to deliver on the table, sometimes u can buy a very expensive speaker it may not sound as good as a cheaper model from another brand...so long as you listen to it happy can already...this hobby has no ending...you could buy a non-branded and happy with it no one will be there judging you as well cause you feel happy with it,but so far dynaudio didn't disappoint me even is quite ex to some ppl but it deliver what i paid for.....

moron+genius

Reaction score
Wat KEF model is these speakers?
Auralex MoPAD cheap and good...another level will be isoacoustic able to adjust height level to reach your ear level....

there is another cheaper alternative buy from daiso those circular small pad put below

Mopad are around $50+ which i brought 3 years ago but sold off then brought aperta
uKEvw8l.jpg

0XcPehd.jpg

two angle either front upfiring or downfiring.....

here are example of isoacoustic which i brought for my sis's setup it comes with 2 different height config
69ay5gC.jpg

XvqzEoN.jpg

Here the overall look
SV64KPr.jpg

icecapt

Reaction score

Try folded cloth, styrofoam or old mousepads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.