HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread III [consolidated]

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #1171

yea I'm using the KEF LS50 Wireless.
together with a Tacimo Power Strip/Conditioner

I previously also using Tacima power strip on my previous kef X300AW it doesn't really make much of a difference till i change to Isotek Polaris those bring them to life......my the other setup used supra md06 power conditioner which is better than the tacima at $400.00 those you could consider...but i also changed to isotek later on......
wilflare likes this.

Last edited by Amon86; 07-12-2017 at 12:38 PM..
Amon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:44 PM   #1172

Unless I use Amazon second seller and use shipper
Where's Audio basic located if I may ask.
Is $450 worth the set

I read from Amazon users review and a few reported humming and noise from the Sats
But that could be electronic interference or unclean electric filter etc.. Other causes
How about a pair of Kanto Yu2? heard is quite good in some reviews
Old 07-12-2017, 09:06 PM   #1173
Arch-Supremacy Member

How about a pair of Kanto Yu2? heard is quite good in some reviews
Yea... but a whole bunch of reviews with only praises tell me less about a product than a single comment that these speakers have been said to have a cheap sound.

Well it is lower-priced than A2+ so... I still consider it as a valid choice. But only if you find it at sale prices of ~US$160. Any higher might as well get A2+, but if getting A2+ might as well get iLoud.

Without any proper review available, anyone buying is diving into uncharted waters.
Amon86 likes this.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #1174
Arch-Supremacy Member

I previously also using Tacima power strip on my previous kef X300AW it doesn't really make much of a difference till i change to Isotek Polaris those bring them to life......my the other setup used supra md06 power conditioner which is better than the tacima at $400.00 those you could consider...but i also changed to isotek later on......
Wow, I didn't know the Isotek to be that good. How exactly does it change the sound?
wilflare likes this.
darkarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #1175

Wow, I didn't know the Isotek to be that good. How exactly does it change the sound?
For your info i am using all separate in all my system so alot of things like av receiver,power amp,media player and etc will share the same strip coming out of the main so the more cleaner the power it will benefit in my situation so i can't say u will get the same result as me if you getting it for an active speaker or a soundbar....the result i get is a more transparent sounding... imaging separtation is more noticeable and better bass response....is like before there is this curtain covering the sound before then once you put in isotek the curtain disappear...if you have a visual like tv on the power conditioner as well you also get a slightly better image quality....it also prolong your life for your equipment as well if you spent tons of money on building your own system....
wilflare and darkarn like this.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:19 AM   #1176
Supremacy Member

I think you can go for this: http://www.schiit.com/products/fulla-2

Solves your problem and improves your setup in a small package, can consider
https://www.lazada.sg/new-schiit-aud...-12291909.html

this one worth the price?
Old 09-12-2017, 12:28 AM   #1177
Supremacy Member

was thinking of getting the Weiduka 8.8 or something hmm
and also the Isotek power cables... but I'm just wondering if I'm going crazy and if they will actually make a difference.
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:35 AM   #1178
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://www.lazada.sg/new-schiit-aud...-12291909.html

this one worth the price?
Almost same price if you order direct from Schiit.

If you got Lazada offers, this will be better than ordering from Schiit!

was thinking of getting the Weiduka 8.8 or something hmm
and also the Isotek power cables... but I'm just wondering if I'm going crazy and if they will actually make a difference.
If your house power too old then maybe can try. When it comes to power, it can be a hit or miss thing. For starters, do you notice any power issues? (e.g. unexplained blackouts, brownouts, hum, noise)

For your info i am using all separate in all my system so alot of things like av receiver,power amp,media player and etc will share the same strip coming out of the main so the more cleaner the power it will benefit in my situation so i can't say u will get the same result as me if you getting it for an active speaker or a soundbar....the result i get is a more transparent sounding... imaging separtation is more noticeable and better bass response....is like before there is this curtain covering the sound before then once you put in isotek the curtain disappear...if you have a visual like tv on the power conditioner as well you also get a slightly better image quality....it also prolong your life for your equipment as well if you spent tons of money on building your own system....
Thanks, I was wondering why it costs so much. Sounds like this is overpriced (and overpowered) for PC audio setup like mine
wilflare likes this.
darkarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:43 AM   #1179
Supremacy Member

If your house power too old then maybe can try. When it comes to power, it can be a hit or miss thing. For starters, do you notice any power issues? (e.g. unexplained blackouts, brownouts, hum, noise)

Thanks, I was wondering why it costs so much. Sounds like this is overpriced (and overpowered) for PC audio setup like mine
hmm. nah no blackouts/brownouts/etc

but when the fishtank turns off (we have a timer switch), sometimes will hear clicks/jumps on the old TV.

Lazada option is worth it if you cherish the local warranty with SLT + LiveUp 5% rebate
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:08 AM   #1180
Supremacy Member

get from their website still need shipping leh.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:03 AM   #1181

but when the fishtank turns off (we have a timer switch), sometimes will hear clicks/jumps on the old TV.

Lazada option is worth it if you cherish the local warranty with SLT + LiveUp 5% rebate
Actually is not about having blackout or not due to our main is shared within the house if you have washing machine la, refrigerator or some cheapo plug charger in used it contribute to the main noise as well so once your av equipment plug in the noise goes in as well...if you on budget you could try testing with a evo 3 isoplug plug-in next to your kef ls50 wireless so your socket bar will go like this kef ls50w plug then isoplug then your other stuff like computer or router and etc....if it makes a difference it will show.........power cord can try testing with nordost blue heaven those kef showroom have demo

Last edited by Amon86; 09-12-2017 at 02:12 AM..
Old 09-12-2017, 02:35 AM   #1182
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can buy a line filter

(or DIY one)
http://wwenze.blogspot.com/2009/04/s...nditioner.html
http://wwenze.blogspot.com/2010/08/d...ner-mk-ii.html
(And yes, it works, it has impact on the throughput of my homeplug and can eat some spikes)

Or you can buy those power strips or power conditioners. Which usually has weaker filtering (which is underestandable considering size, cost, and 13A current)

Or you can buy the bigass audiophile power conditioners which *may* have better filtering

Or you can buy tiny filters repackaged and sold as magic devices

Or you can just buy good products with sufficient built-in filtering to start with. (Notice KEF doesn't sell power conditioners.)
Old 09-12-2017, 02:40 AM   #1183

You can buy a line filter

(or DIY one)
http://wwenze.blogspot.com/2009/04/s...nditioner.html
http://wwenze.blogspot.com/2010/08/d...ner-mk-ii.html
(And yes, it works, it has impact on the throughput of my homeplug and can eat some spikes)

Or you can just buy good products with sufficient built-in filtering to start with. (Notice KEF doesn't sell power conditioners.)
actually local kef showroom have power conditioner but it is quite ex the Nordost QB8 which is around 2k++ but no surge protection you could try to ask them to setup let u try......
Old 09-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #1184

Anyone knows where I can get the older model of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 without bluetooth function. Heard BT function anyone can connect to it and no way to turn it off
dontbyteme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:45 PM   #1185
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone knows where I can get the older model of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 without bluetooth function. Heard BT function anyone can connect to it and no way to turn it off
No point in getting older model.
Either look for speaker without BT.
Or Aego 3 which also have BT.
For Aego 3 and etc, the BT mode you can toggle.
techidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.