AC Ryan Veolo 4K

Twinsen

Reaction score
$299? Where did you see that? If that is true.. They are simply killing themselves.. Very sad..

ACeRyan

Reaction score
Thanks Twinsen for the highlight!

We've attached our SITEX brochure here for more info :)

SITEX_A4flyer.jpg

kmg4evr

Reaction score
Bought this player yesterday but I am wondering how to get the AC Ryan software to recognize my NAS. I am able to browse the NAS using the file browser but when I try to set the location of the media files (on the home page), I only get the local SD card and there is no option to search a network drive (on the NAS).

The AC Ryan website is not helpful as it does not have the user guide there and the forums are empty.

Anybody from AC Ryan can help?

ACeRyan

Reaction score
Hi bro, the VEOLO 4K was only launched on Thursday 27 Nov and you are one of the first few to receive it! - hence forum still not much activity.

Nothing is wrong here, at launch the jukebox software is only catering for Internal flash, USB storage & SD card.

NAS Jukebox will be added on in the next firmware which is slated for after the SITEX launch.

dcmc27

Reaction score
That's not encouraging to hear. I was planning to replace my veolo 1st generation set but knowing that the basic features like streaming content from NAS is not even ready prior to launch makes me think 2ce on getting the 4k version. I wonder if this so called Android Hub device can even download apps from Google play store?

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
That's not encouraging to hear. I was planning to replace my veolo 1st generation set but knowing that the basic features like streaming content from NAS is not even ready prior to launch makes me think 2ce on getting the 4k version. I wonder if this so called Android Hub device can even download apps from Google play store?

Hi, streaming from NAS or any network device is perfectly working fine in Veolo 4K. I can also assure you that you can download apps from playstore, but as an owner of first gen Veolo, then you should know by now that both this feature or function is well supported on all series. There are big difference from hardware and software maybe you want to check us out on your free time during or after the show so that we can explain to you how the box really works.

ACeRyan

Reaction score

You definitely don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps you want read and find out more before shooting off.

The discussion is on the Jukebox feature in our 4K launcher, working with the NAS.

singaporeguy

Reaction score
Is it possible to connect to external 4 or 8 bay (non-raid) usb3 probox strorage? would it recognize and play back videos from all the drives in the storage device?

ACeRyan

Reaction score
Is it possible to connect to external 4 or 8 bay (non-raid) usb3 probox strorage? would it recognize and play back videos from all the drives in the storage device?

Hi bro we don't have this setup over here, but hypothetically it should work.
Nevertheless, we welcome you to visit us at our Kaki Bukit office with your probox storage to do a test run.

We tried with AC powered HDD enclosure and it works.

Last edited:

Oceania

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi there, sorry but i can't seem to find answers on google so would like to ask here... anyone managed to get samba to work on veolo 4k? I tried installing samba app but most of them require a rooted device to work.

I have 2 usb portable drives connected to the veolo 4k and would like to access them from my pc via network path. I used to be able to do this via Samba on my playon mini 2.

Any advice will be appreciated!

blues_bleu

Reaction score
Network Setting

Hi, i like to check do i need to do any setting to my network in order for the veolo 4K to work properly?
as i am subscribe myrepublic's 1gb plan, but the player doesn't seem to work smoothly, with constant buffing!

is there any you can do to help me??
thanks!!

ACeRyan

Reaction score
Hi, i like to check do i need to do any setting to my network in order for the veolo 4K to work properly?
as i am subscribe myrepublic's 1gb plan, but the player doesn't seem to work smoothly, with constant buffing!

is there any you can do to help me??
thanks!!

hi there brother. no you don't have to, we are only on 100mbps in the office, and in SITEX/COMEX we use a 3G/4G dongle which is about 20mbps tops

can you share which app you are using; and also what show were you watching?

we can recommend you alternative app for you to do a simple experiment - with online content, the source matters too.

blues_bleu

Reaction score
hi there brother. no you don't have to, we are only on 100mbps in the office, and in SITEX/COMEX we use a 3G/4G dongle which is about 20mbps tops

can you share which app you are using; and also what show were you watching?

we can recommend you alternative app for you to do a simple experiment - with online content, the source matters too.

Hi,

ok i am using the VST, youku for now as i cannot get a a good speed for either apps.
but prior to this, i was watching youku with no problem.
but i run the clean master to clear the cache and the problem arise after this cleaning.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.