Creative Katana User discussion thread

To test or not to test that is the question?

• Yes, please give me your opinion.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Yes, don't want to spend on something that either fails or have design issues.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No, we know you will bash Creative definetely.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Your choice, got time go test.

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take note from buying oversea tho. Because of the different in voltage and no safety sign. In other words if anything happen it is not covered by insurance

US is 120v while here is 220v.
It will work but later boom.
Not bass but the speaker fried.

recca85

Reaction score
Anyone knows why there are Katana and Katana-2? Any difference? I saw listings in Lazada and Qoo10.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's why it is so weird.
I saw the SKU is different as well.
What is your local set SKU?
http://www.lazada.sg/creative-sound-blasterx-katana-2-22940274.html?ff=1&sc=Md4C&rb=734

All having different SKU too.
CR734ELAAQD8RESGAMZ-55143106
CR734ELAADNOTUSGAMZ-27260525
CR734ELAAC7I0MSGAMZ-24648440

I really can't comment, probably revision change?
This I got to check with Creative themselves.
However rest assured, that is no Katana 2. :s22:
Probably Katana 1.2 and etc. :s13:

Numbskull

Reaction score
Was at the Comex show and asked them about this.
Confirm there is no Katana 2 and it is a typo by the listing.

As for SKU, it is minor revision change with newer firmware which you can also update your firmware to the latest on their driver/firmware page. I asked as I was concerned that the newer sets had some new hardware improvements over my older one but thankfully this is not the case.

Many trolley with Katana on showfloor today. Feels good that I got one and the price still same. Never change much so no buyers regret as Creative always throw price after the product launches but not for this it seems.

I really can't comment, probably revision change?
This I got to check with Creative themselves.
However rest assured, that is no Katana 2. :s22:
Probably Katana 1.2 and etc. :s13:

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was at the Comex show and asked them about this.
Confirm there is no Katana 2 and it is a typo by the listing.

As for SKU, it is minor revision change with newer firmware which you can also update your firmware to the latest on their driver/firmware page. I asked as I was concerned that the newer sets had some new hardware improvements over my older one but thankfully this is not the case.

Many trolley with Katana on showfloor today. Feels good that I got one and the price still same. Never change much so no buyers regret as Creative always throw price after the product launches but not for this it seems.

Thanks for sharing, at least you did the leg work while
my email to them somehow went cold. :s13:
Support our local brand! Creative!

recca85

Reaction score
Yes, there is no Katana 2 or 1.2.
They sold out during Comex but its still at $398. Then they offer some bluetooth headset worth $128.
Not really worth it with other resellers selling much cheaper.
I don't need any more bluetooth headset and the $50-80 savings from others are much better

mascot1993

Reaction score
hi everyone, i recently bought the katana, updated the firmware and installed the software, when first turn on , it sounded nice, then i tried the controller and turn on the bass, the sound immediately turn to very digital-like? Dont know how to explain, the voice of the singer very low and the instrument is loud, then i turn off and on, and it sounded normal again. After i play it for awhile, i pause the music, and when i came back, it sounded digital-like again, not sure whats the problem, turning off and on still the same problem, changed usb cable, usb port, tried optical to my soundblaster x7, still the same..any help, contacted their support.. Does anyone face this problem?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, i recently bought the katana, updated the firmware and installed the software, when first turn on , it sounded nice, then i tried the controller and turn on the bass, the sound immediately turn to very digital-like? Dont know how to explain, the voice of the singer very low and the instrument is loud, then i turn off and on, and it sounded normal again. After i play it for awhile, i pause the music, and when i came back, it sounded digital-like again, not sure whats the problem, turning off and on still the same problem, changed usb cable, usb port, tried optical to my soundblaster x7, still the same..any help, contacted their support.. Does anyone face this problem?

What setting did you use?
There is game, music and etc. mode.
Be careful not to turn on night mode if not the volume will be soft.
If you feel for music, it is not good enough.

Under the SB control software, set EQ to acoustics it will make the
mid-range/vocal pop.

mascot1993

Reaction score
What setting did you use?
There is game, music and etc. mode.
Be careful not to turn on night mode if not the volume will be soft.
If you feel for music, it is not good enough.

Under the SB control software, set EQ to acoustics it will make the
mid-range/vocal pop.

tried all settings, i have to set treble all the way to -12 to actually make the voice sound clearer, not static-like, not sure why but my razer leviathan sounds alot clearer and nicer

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried all settings, i have to set treble all the way to -12 to actually make the voice sound clearer, not static-like, not sure why but my razer leviathan sounds alot clearer and nicer

Difficult to advice.
Katana mid range driver are rather tiny, they don't exceed
in mid-range unlike Klipsch Promedia which have bigger speakers.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Uninstall the sound blaster acoustic engine and try?

onepiece634

Reaction score
Guys, did you connect via USB connect and try to use the Creative Dash Board? Because your situation sounds like it is using a software feature called Smart Volume which automatically boost the bass and treble to the level of Mid at all Volume. There is a setting in the software where you can turn Smart Volume off and listen to the original sound of the song.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.