Himedia HD300A Media Player

lindsay

Reaction score
Hi I think I need to ask this question again but slightly different. Appreciate some would be kind enough to advice.

Currently, my TV is those normal TV (non widescreen LCD/HDTV) type. Some of my videos are in avi/mkv 1280 x 720 (720p), 1080p resolutions. May I know if the RCA cables (red, white, yellow) cables will be able to output (display) the videos?

Or I can only be output such resolutions (1280 x 720 (720p), 1080p) through hdmi port which my normal TV do not have.

Thanks very much.

Last edited:

dwan

Reaction score
Hi I think I need to ask this question again but slightly different. Appreciate some would be kind enough to advice.

Currently, my TV is those normal TV (non widescreen LCD/HDTV) type. Some of my videos are in avi/mkv 1280 x 720 (720p), 1080p resolutions. May I know if the RCA cables (red, white, yellow) cables will be able to output (display) the videos?

Or I can only be output such resolutions (1280 x 720 (720p), 1080p) through hdmi port which my normal TV do not have.

Thanks very much.

Yes, you are able to out 720p or 1080p into your CRT (u r able to play the files) but it will be native maxi. 480i display thru RCA cables.

In order to do 480p, 568p, 720p/1080i or 1080p, you need to use either component or HDMI cable.

Last edited:

playsmartsg

Reaction score

Thanks very much.

Hi,sorry for late reply.

The answer is yes,the only loss is e video output is not pixel to pixel.but still can output to ur crt tv,no worries.

Cheers

Michael

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are able to out 720p or 1080p into your CRT (u r able to play the files) but it will be native maxi. 480i display thru RCA cables.

In order to do 480p, 568p, 720p/1080i or 1080p, you need to use either component or HDMI cable.

have you already tried watching 720p on CRT?
to me the result is bad for rmvb... will 720p be better?

wits0007

Reaction score
Dear All,

For the past few days, we received many calls and posts regarding PPS blank screen or player restart after running PPS or Player reboots after watching PPS for a while.

We reported this issue immediately to HiMedia on Wed. Night (09/12/09).

After one day's investigation, HiMedia Engineers found the problem: Memory Overflow!

As you all know, PPS uses buffering technology, so it will cause memory overflow, thus you will face PPS blank Screen, or player reboots problems.

Last night HiMedia sent us a beta version 1.0.3.9 firmware to solve this problem, FAST Response!

As sole agent of HiMedia products in Singapore,to be responsible for all our valued customers, we have tested the new firmware from 8AM till 10:20AM (playing one full movie), so far, no issue.

So we decide to release it to help all of you in the first time!

Download link:

HiMedia HD300A ver. 1.0.3.9 http://www.himedia-tech.cn/himedia/version/20091210/HD300A_1.0.3.9.rar

HiMedia HD300D Version 1.0.3.9http://www.himedia-tech.cn/himedia/version/20091210/HD300D_1.0.3.9.rar

Feel free to report any problems you encountered to us!

Play Smart Pte Ltd

Hi Michael,

the link for the HD300A_1.0.3.9.rar firmware seemed to be broken.

Help pleasE?

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the Himedia HD300A supports NFS mounting? Eg. instead of mounting Samba server, mounting NFS server & play it on the TV.

Also, once you mount it, does the player remembers the settings & automount again upon next reboot?

GuileWins

Reaction score
Anyone has problems playing back RMVB files? My 300A only recognise 4 out of 7 RMVB files. All files can playback on PC using VLC. Already update to latest firmware ... any help?

Patrick76

Reaction score
I am interested in Himedia HD300a. However, I read from the forum that PPS is not working. Has it been resolved?

seowcc

Reaction score
I am interested in Himedia HD300a. However, I read from the forum that PPS is not working. Has it been resolved?

Got my HD300A at IT Show.. A few things I observed that need confirmation from fellow users here:

(1) Youtube, Youkou is not working anymore. Keep say "Cannot play media" something like that.
(2) Sina TV also fails to deliver video stream but seems to be due to network busy
(3) Latest firmware is 1.0.3.28

Overall, the player works well.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

bought a HD300a. But i'm not too sure whether my TV can't support or my player got problem. When plugged with RCA no problem. When plugged with HDMI, it shows funny OSD. anyone can help?

IMG_0053Large.jpg

i have switch 720p 50hz,720p 60hz all doesn't help. :(

playsmartsg

Reaction score
Hi all,

bought a HD300a. But i'm not too sure whether my TV can't support or my player got problem. When plugged with RCA no problem. When plugged with HDMI, it shows funny OSD. anyone can help?

IMG_0053Large.jpg

i have switch 720p 50hz,720p 60hz all doesn't help. :(

You can try following steps:

1. Connect your player to TV Via RCA, then go to Setup--- Video---Video System--- HDMI Auto

2. Then switch off your player and connect HDMI Cable, it should resolve your problem.

otherwise change another hdmi cable, make sure to check the connection for both sides. sometimes due to loose connection.

If still got problem, come to our shop, let's help you

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi Michael,

i changed to another hdmi cable n it works!

thanks alot for ur help!

lindsay

Reaction score
Thanks for those who reply regarding connecting the RCA (red yellow white) cable to the normal TV (non widescreen LCD TV).

By the way, I wonder if anyone can help post a picture/screenshot of the viceo image when playing the 300A connected to the normal TV (non widescreen LCD TV) via RCA cable because someone mentioned the quality is really bad.

As long as the image+audio quality when connected to the normal TV via RCA cable is acceptable, then it's okay for us. It doesn't have to be like the quality output by hdmi connection.

Thanks very much.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for those who reply regarding connecting the RCA (red yellow white) cable to the normal TV (non widescreen LCD TV).

By the way, I wonder if anyone can help post a picture/screenshot of the viceo image when playing the 300A connected to the normal TV (non widescreen LCD TV) via RCA cable because someone mentioned the quality is really bad.

As long as the image+audio quality when connected to the normal TV via RCA cable is acceptable, then it's okay for us. It doesn't have to be like the quality output by hdmi connection.

Thanks very much.

i would say not really bad la..

playsmartsg

Reaction score
by the way... anybody encountered this problem before...? there is this irritating "Services: shutting down" message every now and then when watching on the device... how to get rid of the stupid message...??

20122009020.jpg

regards,
wacky

Hi, Wacky

We have sent your request to HiMedia and glad to inform you in the latest firmware version 1.0.3.35, you won't see this annoying message any more, update your firmware and try it today!

If you need any other features or any suggestions, do let us know!

Cheers

Michael

seowcc

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Brought my HD300A to your shop to upgrade the firmware to latest today. Realized I need to re-install Samba/BT and so I did. The installation was successful using HD300_BT_SAMBA_20091017EN.rar file downloaded.

However, under system info, the Samba and BT server status is still stopped. I've verified that they are not working.

Clue??

playsmartsg

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Brought my HD300A to your shop to upgrade the firmware to latest today. Realized I need to re-install Samba/BT and so I did. The installation was successful using HD300_BT_SAMBA_20091017EN.rar file downloaded.

However, under system info, the Samba and BT server status is still stopped. I've verified that they are not working.

Clue??

Please connect LAN cable to e player,then restart e player,you should be able to see both of bt and samba server are running now.

Hope it helps

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please connect LAN cable to e player,then restart e player,you should be able to see both of bt and samba server are running now.

Hope it helps

Hi michael,

Do u have the latest playsmart firmware for HD300a? if yes, can i bring it down to you tomorrow around early afternoon like 12pm-1pm?

i didn't purchase my set thru u.. i'm willing to pay a small amount of sum though.

seowcc

Reaction score

Hope it helps

Thanks, Mike.. your advice helped although I didn't the following actually:

(1) Reformat my hdd (since I just did a firmware upgrade and there's nothing in my hdd anyway)
(2) Plug-in my LAN cable (not WIFI)
(3) Perform BT/Samba installation.

Personally, I believe (2) and (3) is good enough to solve it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.