Himedia HD300A Media Player

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is this confirmed can play ppstream? Even the HD?

Can it work without HDD but NAS?

What's the price like?

I found that it can work with a high speed SD card inserted in the SD slot. Don't need internal HD.

bagger 288

Suspended
Reaction score
I think yours is HD200B, not HD300B.
HD200B is a very simple version that does not have network capability.
But overoll this player supports most of the format.
Anyway, good buy.

Also I find e interface better then WD live. I can go to chapter, search by time.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
feel like selling my Himedia HD300A for $100. anyone interested? :s13:

foxbat

Reaction score
Classic Concept. SLS #05-16.

Mine is a HD300B. It's more then enough for me. I'm using it for my room. Already had a WD Live media player for my living room to stream movie from my computer.
In fact I find e himedia quite nice to use, it can search by chapter.

99 dollar a steal la. I bought WD for 199.

Looks like diff between 300A and 300B is their size. i.e. 300A is smaller to accomodate a 2.5" hdisk and 300B is to accomodate 3.5" hdisk. Compared the two from OEM website and specs are the same otherwise. I guess both got pros and cons. 300A smaller and easier to port around but 2.5" hdisk generally more ex. 300B the direct opposite. However, not sure about PPS support for 300B.

But $99 for 300B, if specs are as stated, is a steal.

Btw, what is the wrty like for 300B?

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found that it can work with a high speed SD card inserted in the SD slot. Don't need internal HD.

Dude,
HD = High Definition
HDD = Hard Disk Drive

I am looking for streaming over Ethernet via DNLA or SMB...diskless or SD-less setup.

Can it work without any internal storage? That includes HDD & SD etc.

feel like selling my Himedia HD300A for $100. anyone interested? :s13:

I am keen, if it supports PPStream in High Definition and QQVODHD...

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dude,
HD = High Definition
HDD = Hard Disk Drive

I am looking for streaming over Ethernet via DNLA or SMB...diskless or SD-less setup.

from the menu, i can see

YouTube Video
YouKu
PPS
Sina TV
Pod Cast

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i hardly use it. think less than 3 times. :s13: just to play some hk drama series

not sure how to get more feature

r u talking about this ?

http://www.playsmartsg.net/index.php?topic=2014.0

i am also very confused, that playsmart seems like not doing business anymore lor....

Is yours under playsmart warranty or somebody else? Actually for $100, i dun mind to just whack and try lar....but I need to take a look first. Name me a shop, where you bought it from? I go down see see look look first.

foxbat

Reaction score
Looks like diff between 300A and 300B is their size. i.e. 300A is smaller to accomodate a 2.5" hdisk and 300B is to accomodate 3.5" hdisk. Compared the two from OEM website and specs are the same otherwise. I guess both got pros and cons. 300A smaller and easier to port around but 2.5" hdisk generally more ex. 300B the direct opposite. However, not sure about PPS support for 300B.

But $99 for 300B, if specs are as stated, is a steal.

Btw, what is the wrty like for 300B?

Checked around and there isn't any HD300B! Probably itz a 200B.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dude,
HD = High Definition
HDD = Hard Disk Drive

No problem, you can stream video/music over ethernet or wifi, no internal storage is required. But with a harddisk attached to hd300a, it can double up as a NAS

jekslee

Reaction score
I know for my GK110hd, my remote is able to fast forward and rewind ppstream movies. Useful for when the internet cuts off mid-way through the movie, say when your kid switches off the modem by accident.

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
I know for my GK110hd, my remote is able to fast forward and rewind ppstream movies. Useful for when the internet cuts off mid-way through the movie, say when your kid switches off the modem by accident.

Most media player i know can do fast forward rewind.

However what my friend is interested in is fast play at 1.5x, 2x. Where you can play a movie or show at 1.5x the speed. She is using this for watching her korean series.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.