Himedia HD300A Media Player

cskhoo

Reaction score
At present, need to scroll page by page. Worst is that the most popular one alwAys in last few pages. Heard that next firmware will improve this.

i just got my set today. everything works fine :s13: but i got the same prob as u.... For the latest HK dramas i need to scroll to 100+++ pages.... takes forever faint!

Hope the new firmware comes out soon...

cskhoo

Reaction score
Dear All,

For the past few days, we received many calls and posts regarding PPS blank screen or player restart after running PPS or Player reboots after watching PPS for a while.

We reported this issue immediately to HiMedia on Wed. Night (09/12/09).

After one day's investigation, HiMedia Engineers found the problem: Memory Overflow!

As you all know, PPS uses buffering technology, so it will cause memory overflow, thus you will face PPS blank Screen, or player reboots problems.

Last night HiMedia sent us a beta version 1.0.3.9 firmware to solve this problem, FAST Response!

As sole agent of HiMedia products in Singapore,to be responsible for all our valued customers, we have tested the new firmware from 8AM till 10:20AM (playing one full movie), so far, no issue.

So we decide to release it to help all of you in the first time!

Download link:

HiMedia HD300A ver. 1.0.3.9 http://www.himedia-tech.cn/himedia/version/20091210/HD300A_1.0.3.9.rar

HiMedia HD300D Version 1.0.3.9http://www.himedia-tech.cn/himedia/version/20091210/HD300D_1.0.3.9.rar

Feel free to report any problems you encountered to us!

Play Smart Pte Ltd

errr i just got my set today. still new to it. may i ask a newbie question where can i chk my set's firmware ver?

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just got my set today. everything works fine :s13: but i got the same prob as u.... For the latest HK dramas i need to scroll to 100+++ pages.... takes forever faint!

if want us to scroll at least make it newest to oldest ma.. :s22:

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
HD300D cannot play Blu-ray disc as it is a DVD-Rom reader and not a Blu-ray Rom reader.

However you can convert the Blu-ray disc into a ISO or something and it will play via the USB or SAMBA or HDD connection. I don't remember the ISO format for Blu-ray.

Any HD300d owner try playing Blu-ray disc on it? Good?

keroro

Reaction score
Well...initially I wanted to get Himedia 300A for its PPS but decided to go for AC Ryan PlatonHD as now it support PPS too....guess UI and its support 3.5"HDD finally swing me over to playonHD.

ac ryan supports pps? hmmz. but the himedia 300a is small and portable. good to bring out to chalets or friend's hse

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
HD300D cannot play Blu-ray disc as it is a DVD-Rom reader and not a Blu-ray Rom reader.

However you can convert the Blu-ray disc into a ISO or something and it will play via the USB or SAMBA or HDD connection. I don't remember the ISO format for Blu-ray.

Oh..OK, thanks for the feedback.... I thought RBD is same as Blu-ray.

ReyB99

Reaction score
i juz bought the HD300A recently, PPS works quite well. For people wondering about wireless security, it was able to connect using WPA(2).

for searching videos (e.g. youku), i find out that i can use chinese text input (using hanyu pinyin) only after i go to setup and change the language to chinese.

the Blu Ray if you want to convert to ISO i think must remove the region code or copy protection. i tried copying the m2ts files directly and play using hd300a but it didn't work. only after using BD ripping s/w such as AnyDVD HD and removing the copy protection then can watch the iso.

I need help regarding the network sharing (SAMBA). I am unable to connect to WinXP shared folders. i think it has got to do with the windows xp services or security policies. HD300a can find my 2nd winxp pc's shared folder but not the 1st one.

Can anyone tell me how to let hd300a access the winxp shared folders? Any services or security policies that i should enable for samba access?

Last edited:

anotonio

Reaction score
keroro : from the sitex tread, you were saying u are watching PPS with wifi thru SNBB. so you bot the wireless adaptor from mike ah? PPS using wifi no prob?

keroro

Reaction score
keroro : from the sitex tread, you were saying u are watching PPS with wifi thru SNBB. so you bot the wireless adaptor from mike ah? PPS using wifi no prob?

ya pps through wifi no prob. i bought the dlink one from micheal. not the brandless one. just a pity there is no search function for pps

anotonio

Reaction score
ya pps through wifi no prob. i bought the dlink one from micheal. not the brandless one. just a pity there is no search function for pps

Yeah. no search function. I have to slow scoll till the last pages to see the latest show.

Thanks for sharing that the adaptor works fine for pps.. i think i will go get it as well.

mech

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i believe they will include the search function in the future firmware

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u mean stocks are available already?? :eek: i joined into the MO for dec.... but have not heard anything about it yet... :(

regards,
wacky

mech

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u mean stocks are available already?? :eek: i joined into the MO for dec.... but have not heard anything about it yet... :(

regards,
wacky

i also from dec MO, u better sms michael to check. maybe he is too busy. stock was in last week.

keroro

Reaction score

regards,
wacky

stock was in since last wednesday. did u preorder before dec. I think those who preorder in dec have to wait till this week.

mech

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i saw ppl walk-in purchase at $199 + $1 for hdmi cable. MO at $189 + $10 for hdmi cable. like no difference.

playsmartsg

Reaction score

regards,
wacky

Hi, Wacky,

Firstly sorry for late notice, for last batch (arrived 8 Dec) was for the order (from 27 Nov to 4 Dec), new batch shipment delayed and is arriving tomorrow, will call all of you to collect it once arrived.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, Wacky,

Firstly sorry for late notice, for last batch (arrived 8 Dec) was for the order (from 27 Nov to 4 Dec), new batch shipment delayed and is arriving tomorrow, will call all of you to collect it once arrived.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael
good... for a while i've considered ac ryan with their PPS support in beta.... if himedia doesn't have stock for long... but i'd guess i'll still go for himedia for the smaller size and cheaper...

regards,
wacky

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.