Himedia HD300A Media Player

ghostrider16

Reaction score
so frustrating... been trying since morning to now but keep getting the "can't play media..." msg. don't tell me that pps banned himedia from assessing its website...

brownkai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if this is true... is like stock market from the tip of the cliff fall to ground zero can die smelly smelly... :s16:

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
Thanks... i used google translator and this is what the announcement states:

September 4, 2009, the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited (hereinafter referred to as: public source network) for the part of the TV manufacturers without the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited Authorized and unauthorized foreign propaganda be able to use PPStream software online viewing as a selling point for the Internet television production, marketing and publicity infringement issued a solemn statement. Recently found that there are still non-PC terminal hardware integration, or service providers continue to be able to see PPS Network TV for its big selling points of an area of advocacy, which issued a public source network solemnly declare:

1. public source network is not authorized by any hardware manufacturer, production and sales capabilities with a PPStream Internet, digital television hardware products, the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited nor will any of these products support services,. As the network has not been authorized by public sources, such products can not use any service PPStream. All sold under the name of PPStream banner is for the expense of the interests of consumers Yijizhisi, PPStream strongly condemned such acts.

2. any non-PC terminal hardware integration or service providers are not allowed to be PPStream client software migration, embedded or otherwise used through the Internet to connect a TV or TV set-top boxes and other electronic products to end users of audio-visual program services, including but not limited to the use PPStream posters, pictures and other services.

3. PPStream for the unauthorized use of software or the content of the non-PC terminal manufacturers, public source network has started legal proceedings, such firms must cease advertising, remove the related functions, refuses to co-ordination will assume a more serious legal liability.

4. December 18, 2009 prior to the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited ppstream software will be forced to upgrade in order to shield unauthorized non-PC terminal vendors from unauthorized use PPStream service behavior. Consumers have purchased these products Ke Yi "Consumer Rights Protection Law" to safeguard their rights.

5. the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited, is the only legitimate software PPStream owner, in addition to the company, all in the name of PPStream hardware integration, product marketing, online services, vendors are fake, the relevant public not to believe that , to protect themselves against unnecessary losses.

Finally cautioned consumers not to purchase a similar product, to prevent loss. Found a similar product or promotion, please direct complaints to: tousu@ppstream.com. Shanghai Public Source Network Co., Ltd. will use legal means to ensure the interests of both you and I, thank you!

Shanghai Public Source Network Co., Ltd.

December 17, 2009

Looks like that may have be my problem item 1)......:), hmm not good news at all...

ReyB99

Reaction score
Ok for HD300a and PPS, i've used it a few times and it was always very fast, until yesterday night, I get the same problem as you. I suspect it might be due to network congestion or some problems with the PPS server-side....

best is to try it during off-peak hours.

**** i take it back. it can't work now.

yesterday night was intermittent... now completely blocked out :(

and why the !@#@$$ do they have to do it now during holiday season!!! ARGGHHH!!

T_T

Auggie246

Reaction score
any idea how to view files over on windows 7, no problem viewing windows xp over SAMBA
is windows 7 supported yet?

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks... i used google translator and this is what the announcement states:

September 4, 2009, the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited (hereinafter referred to as: public source network) for the part of the TV manufacturers without the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited Authorized and unauthorized foreign propaganda be able to use PPStream software online viewing as a selling point for the Internet television production, marketing and publicity infringement issued a solemn statement. Recently found that there are still non-PC terminal hardware integration, or service providers continue to be able to see PPS Network TV for its big selling points of an area of advocacy, which issued a public source network solemnly declare:

1. public source network is not authorized by any hardware manufacturer, production and sales capabilities with a PPStream Internet, digital television hardware products, the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited nor will any of these products support services,. As the network has not been authorized by public sources, such products can not use any service PPStream. All sold under the name of PPStream banner is for the expense of the interests of consumers Yijizhisi, PPStream strongly condemned such acts.

2. any non-PC terminal hardware integration or service providers are not allowed to be PPStream client software migration, embedded or otherwise used through the Internet to connect a TV or TV set-top boxes and other electronic products to end users of audio-visual program services, including but not limited to the use PPStream posters, pictures and other services.

3. PPStream for the unauthorized use of software or the content of the non-PC terminal manufacturers, public source network has started legal proceedings, such firms must cease advertising, remove the related functions, refuses to co-ordination will assume a more serious legal liability.

4. December 18, 2009 prior to the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited ppstream software will be forced to upgrade in order to shield unauthorized non-PC terminal vendors from unauthorized use PPStream service behavior. Consumers have purchased these products Ke Yi "Consumer Rights Protection Law" to safeguard their rights.

5. the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited, is the only legitimate software PPStream owner, in addition to the company, all in the name of PPStream hardware integration, product marketing, online services, vendors are fake, the relevant public not to believe that , to protect themselves against unnecessary losses.

Finally cautioned consumers not to purchase a similar product, to prevent loss. Found a similar product or promotion, please direct complaints to: tousu@ppstream.com. Shanghai Public Source Network Co., Ltd. will use legal means to ensure the interests of both you and I, thank you!

December 17, 2009

oh no....!!! i supposed this means that the player (nor any other brands) will be able to support PPS...?? that is really bad news indeed!!! *ponders if i should still buy* :(

but i wonder what is the definition of "non-PC" ... these days devices are converging and if you setup a box using PC parts and add in a remote control... add in HDMI output and plug to ur HD TV... does that constitute as a "PC" or a "non-PC" ...?? :s11:

regards,
wacky

Last edited:

playsmartsg

Reaction score
Dear all valued HiMedia HD300A and HD300D users,

As you may have noticed, from this morning (Dec, 18, 2009), you have encountered "Can't Play Media" problem for PPS.

As your local agent,we would like explain about this problem.

Firstly, If you can read Chinese, this is official announcement from PPS.tv today:

2009年9月4日,上海众源网络有限公司(下称:众源网络)针对部分电视机厂商未经上海众源网络有限公司公司授权,擅自对外宣传能使用PPStream软件在线观看作为卖点进行互联网电视的生产、销售和宣传的侵权行为发表了严正声明。近期发现仍有非PC终端的硬件集成或服务提供商继续以能看PPS网络电视为其卖点做大面积宣传,对此众源网络发表郑重声明:

一, 众源网络没有授权任何硬件厂商,生产销售具有PPStream互联网数字电视功能的硬件产品,上海众源网络有限公司也不会对此类产品进行任何的服务支持,。由于未得到众源网络的授权,此类产品无法使用PPStream的任何服务。所有打着PPStream旗号进行销售的公司是为其一己之私而不顾消费者的利益,PPStream严厉谴责此类行为。

二, 任何非PC终端的硬件集成或服务提供商,不得擅自将PPStream客户端软件移植、嵌入或以其它方式用于通过互联网连接电视机或机顶盒等电子产品向电视机终端用户提供视听节目服务,包含但不限于使用PPStream的海报,图片等服务。

三, 对于擅自使用PPStream软件或内容的非PC终端厂商,众源网络已经启动法律诉讼程序,此类厂商必须停止宣传,删除相关功能,拒不配合的将承担更严重的法律责任。

四, 2009年12月18日以前,上海众源网络有限公司将对ppstream软件进行强制升级,以屏蔽未经授权的非PC终端厂商的擅自使用PPStream服务的行为。已经购买此类产品的消费者可依《消费者权益保护法》维护自身权利。

五, 上海众源网络有限公司,是PPStream软件的唯一合法的拥有者,除本公司外,所有以PPStream名义进行硬件集成、产品销售、在线服务的厂商均为假冒,请有关各界切勿相信,以防遭受不必要的损失。

最后敬告消费者,切勿购买类似产品,以防蒙受损失。如发现类似产品或宣传,请直接投诉至:tousu@ppstream.com。上海众源网络有限公司将透过法律手段,确保贵我双方的权益,谢谢!

上海众源网络有限公司

2009年12月17日

Google Translate:

December 17, 2009

We have contacted HiMedia and PPS in the first time today, PPS and HiMedia told us: Recently they found many unauthorized media players to take advantage of PPS Client Program, in order to protect the rights and interest of authorized PPS Media Player,such as HiMedia Players, PPS decided to upgrade their PPS Client Program and stop PPS service for all the media players first, then issue new version of PPS Client Program ONLY to authorized Media Player, For your information, We have confirmed with PPS and HiMedia,HiMedia Media Players are authorized media players

So it will take some time for PPS to issue new client program to HiMedia and for HiMedia to integrate it to their next version firmware.

We kindly seek your understanding and patience.

We will keep all of you updated with the latest PPS status.

Once again thanks for your support!

Best regards

Play Smart Pte Ltd - Authorized Sole Agent of HiMedia Products in Singapore

playsmartsg

Reaction score
michael, i read from your blog that Play Smart is the sole agent for HiMedia products, and i also noticed that 3Q Technologies is selling HiMedia stuff at C3. are they getting their stocks through you?

http://www.playsmartsg.net/blog/?p=657

Hi,bro, thanks for informing us.

Currently Play Smart Pte Ltd is the sole agent of HiMedia Products in Singapore.

You can confirm this information from HiMedia Official Forum:
http://bbs.himedia-tech.cn/viewthread.php?tid=18268&extra=page=1

海美迪认证经销商名单(不断更新中)

以下网店为海美迪公司认证的淘宝商家,建议大家选择认证商家购买!
排名不计先后
1、河南
代理商:河南省南阳市惠威音响专卖店
联系人:刘东华
联系电话:13323680299
联系QQ:455369
地址:河南省南阳市光武路宛城区文化馆
淘宝店铺:http://shop33881346.taobao.com/

2、香港
代理商: 金河国际贸易有限公司
地址:深水 歩钦州街65号 荣业商业大厦 4楼 403室
电话: 852-27280411
联系人:余先生

代理商:香港鹏勃电子(PENG-BO-CO)
地址:香港深水埗长沙道212号1楼212号室
电话:852-27178131 35862008
联系人:王先生

3、新加坡
代理姓名:Play Smart Pte Ltd (Michael)
销售区域: Singapore
网店:http://www.playsmartsg.biz
QQ:1020671847
联系电话:65-9222 6722
店铺地址:1 Rochor Canal Road, #06-65/66, Sim Lim Square, Singapore 188504

Play Smart Pte Ltd would like to emphasize that all HiMedia products purchased from unauthorized channels will NOT be eligible for warranty and after sale service. Play Smart Pte Ltd cannot guarantee nor will be liable for the quality of products purchased from non-authorized channels.

Thanks and best regards

Michael
On behalf of Play Smart Pte Ltd

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We have contacted HiMedia and PPS in the first time today, PPS and HiMedia told us: Recently they found many unauthorized media players to take advantage of PPS Client Program, in order to protect the rights and interest of authorized PPS Media Player,such as HiMedia Players, PPS decided to upgrade their PPS Client Program and stop PPS service for all the media players first, then issue new version of PPS Client Program ONLY to authorized Media Player, For your information, We have confirmed with PPS and HiMedia,HiMedia Media Players are authorized media players

okay that's great to know...! thanks for the quick updates...! looks like i can still buy the player... probably will make trip down to SLS later today.... but have to wait for next firmware to be able to view PPS..

regards,
wacky

mobster

Reaction score
okay that's great to know...! thanks for the quick updates...! looks like i can still buy the player... probably will make trip down to SLS later today.... but have to wait for next firmware to be able to view PPS..

regards,
wacky

I bought the player on 17 Dec (Thurs) and is able to access PPS (a pin to scroll through 120+ page to find the serial). I did not switch it off for fear of having to scroll through the entire 120+ pages again. I am still able to access PPS last night so I am wondering if is a firmware thingy or I am just lucky?

uprints

Reaction score
harddisk

which external 2.5' harddisk will go well with this player?
Was thinking of getting Western Digital My Passport Essential Black USB2.0 500GB

user109s

Reaction score
Hi,

Called Micheal just now and he said got enough stock for 300a. Plan to visit him and c t stuff. :s22:

Here is a side track; I got a R668 during the sitex and discovered that it only support 720p & 1080p on componet and HDMI, which it can't play on my CRT TV. Only manage to show on monitor after using a converter.

Thinking to let go at s$85. Those who's interested PM me. Everything remain as close to new.(although wrapper opened already..still consider new mah..:s8:) The HDMI cable which came with the set has gave to my cousin. I replaced with another HDMI cable. The set with the original receipt also. A pic is shown.

2dtu2cm.jpg

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my audio optical output unable to output anything.
B4 i send for service/check , any advise is there any settings I should check first?

playsmartsg

Reaction score
my audio optical output unable to output anything.
B4 i send for service/check , any advise is there any settings I should check first?
Dear bro,
Pls check settings:setup-audio-digital output:select. Spdif lpcm, or spdif raw to try.

Thx

Michael

lenney

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Would like to check:

1. When you stream BD (abt 40GB movie) from network drive (NAS), is the playback smooth?

2. When playback audio, how to make it plays all the files within the folder?

Thanks.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear bro,
Pls check settings:setup-audio-digital output:select. Spdif lpcm, or spdif raw to try.

Thx

Michael

maybe have to bring to your shop to verify.
the same AV optical port and optical cable is ok with my bluray player

JGK123

Reaction score
i saw ppl walk-in purchase at $199 + $1 for hdmi cable. MO at $189 + $10 for hdmi cable. like no difference.

so what is the selling price now? i walk in the other day and the shop guy told me it is $229 when everyone is telling me $199.

2 Pricing? or see people then decide the price?

user109s

Reaction score
so what is the selling price now? i walk in the other day and the shop guy told me it is $229 when everyone is telling me $199.

2 Pricing? or see people then decide the price?

Bro, u shall go to Micheal shop and query. Here u won get a accurate answer.. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.