HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Himedia HD300A Media Player

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #91

Dear all,

Glad to inform all of you, Himedia hd300a arrived today finally!

Plenty of stock to avoid your disappointments.

Once again Thx for all your patience and support.

For your information, our new shop with showroom (Unit No.: #06-65/66, Sim Lim Square) will be officially open on Saturday,19,Dec.

All are invited to join our celebration.

Best regards

Michael
Play Smart Pte Ltd
Congrats Michael. Wow big shop now huh!

I'm looking forward to see the 500B demo~~ :p

BTW I'm thinking maybe we should have a firmware update wishlist for the HD300A/D. Some of the features I would like to see are:

1. Search function for PPS
2. Tudou
3. TVU Channels

ReyB99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #92

Thanks bro,

Unit No.: #06-65/66 Sim Lim Square

Cheers!Hope to see you there.

Michael
Congratz... Waiting eagerly for 500B though..
junhize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #93
Greater Supremacy Member

how much is Himedia hd300a retailing at?
Old 17-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #94

Need some help

Hi guys,

I am a total newbie in media player. I just brought a HiMedia HD300A player today.

I have connected it to my LCD TV but I have a few problems;

1) When I connect to the PPS site, I try to select a movie/drama to play but it is always saying "cannot play media - confirm?" and I can only press OK.

At first I thought that I need to pay to view as there is a "edit" button below right that says "pay" but I cannot find this button in the bundled remote.

2) When I go to other web channel (eg. YouTube), after selecting a video to play, the video quality on my LCD TV is very bad (barely watchable as there are many artifacts in the video (even they say it is in HD).

I have connected the media player via HDMI cable and select 720p 60Hz (default) in the player, my LCD TV is a Full HD.

3) I also understand that this media player can also do bittorrent (one of the reasons I brought it) but I do not know how to set it up to do that as it was not stated in the manual given.

My connection to internet is via wire-LAN only (even I have purchase the DLink wireless N adapter but will only use it when I am taking the media player out) through a router (ASUS WL-520GU).

I got a private IP address (192.168.1.3) on the Network settings in the media player and I can browse the internet channels (at least I can browse YouTube and PPS).

Thank you for your help in advance.
Old 18-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #95
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys,

I am a total newbie in media player. I just brought a HiMedia HD300A player today.

I have connected it to my LCD TV but I have a few problems;

1) When I connect to the PPS site, I try to select a movie/drama to play but it is always saying "cannot play media - confirm?" and I can only press OK.

At first I thought that I need to pay to view as there is a "edit" button below right that says "pay" but I cannot find this button in the bundled remote.

2) When I go to other web channel (eg. YouTube), after selecting a video to play, the video quality on my LCD TV is very bad (barely watchable as there are many artifacts in the video (even they say it is in HD).

I have connected the media player via HDMI cable and select 720p 60Hz (default) in the player, my LCD TV is a Full HD.

3) I also understand that this media player can also do bittorrent (one of the reasons I brought it) but I do not know how to set it up to do that as it was not stated in the manual given.

My connection to internet is via wire-LAN only (even I have purchase the DLink wireless N adapter but will only use it when I am taking the media player out) through a router (ASUS WL-520GU).

I got a private IP address (192.168.1.3) on the Network settings in the media player and I can browse the internet channels (at least I can browse YouTube and PPS).

Thank you for your help in advance.
Maybe the connection is bad, thats why the Youtube HD video become bad.

Last edited by Errz; 18-12-2009 at 10:50 AM..
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #96

Ok for HD300a and PPS, i've used it a few times and it was always very fast, until yesterday night, I get the same problem as you. I suspect it might be due to network congestion or some problems with the PPS server-side....

best is to try it during off-peak hours.
Old 18-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #97

i have the same problem. i have been using hd300a for almost 2 weeks and watching from pps seems to be no problem until this morning. i kept receiving the msg, "Can't play media - confirm?"...

i tried switching it off and on for a few times but still got the same error msg...

Can anyone explain what is going on?

Last edited by ghostrider16; 18-12-2009 at 02:20 PM..
ghostrider16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #98
Arch-Supremacy Member

michael, i read from your blog that Play Smart is the sole agent for HiMedia products, and i also noticed that 3Q Technologies is selling HiMedia stuff at C3. are they getting their stocks through you?

http://www.playsmartsg.net/blog/?p=657
wacko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #99

i have the same problem. i have been using hd300a for almost 2 weeks and watching from pps seems to be no problem until this morning. i kept receiving the msg, "Can't play media - confirm?"...

i tried switching it off and on for a few times but still got the same error msg...

Can anyone explain what is going on?
There is a control implemented by PPS to cope illegal use of PPS on 18 Dec 2009. You can read the official announcement from its site (Hopefully himedia is not affected at all) :

http://www.pps.tv/
xiaocao2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #100

There is a control implemented by PPS to cope illegal use of PPS on 18 Dec 2009. You can read the official announcement from its site (Hopefully himedia is not affected at all) :

http://www.pps.tv/
Thanks... i used google translator and this is what the announcement states:

September 4, 2009, the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited (hereinafter referred to as: public source network) for the part of the TV manufacturers without the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited Authorized and unauthorized foreign propaganda be able to use PPStream software online viewing as a selling point for the Internet television production, marketing and publicity infringement issued a solemn statement. Recently found that there are still non-PC terminal hardware integration, or service providers continue to be able to see PPS Network TV for its big selling points of an area of advocacy, which issued a public source network solemnly declare:

1. public source network is not authorized by any hardware manufacturer, production and sales capabilities with a PPStream Internet, digital television hardware products, the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited nor will any of these products support services,. As the network has not been authorized by public sources, such products can not use any service PPStream. All sold under the name of PPStream banner is for the expense of the interests of consumers Yijizhisi, PPStream strongly condemned such acts.

2. any non-PC terminal hardware integration or service providers are not allowed to be PPStream client software migration, embedded or otherwise used through the Internet to connect a TV or TV set-top boxes and other electronic products to end users of audio-visual program services, including but not limited to the use PPStream posters, pictures and other services.

3. PPStream for the unauthorized use of software or the content of the non-PC terminal manufacturers, public source network has started legal proceedings, such firms must cease advertising, remove the related functions, refuses to co-ordination will assume a more serious legal liability.

4. December 18, 2009 prior to the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited ppstream software will be forced to upgrade in order to shield unauthorized non-PC terminal vendors from unauthorized use PPStream service behavior. Consumers have purchased these products Ke Yi "Consumer Rights Protection Law" to safeguard their rights.

5. the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited, is the only legitimate software PPStream owner, in addition to the company, all in the name of PPStream hardware integration, product marketing, online services, vendors are fake, the relevant public not to believe that , to protect themselves against unnecessary losses.

Finally cautioned consumers not to purchase a similar product, to prevent loss. Found a similar product or promotion, please direct complaints to: tousu@ppstream.com. Shanghai Public Source Network Co., Ltd. will use legal means to ensure the interests of both you and I, thank you!

Shanghai Public Source Network Co., Ltd.

December 17, 2009
Old 18-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #101

so frustrating... been trying since morning to now but keep getting the "can't play media..." msg. don't tell me that pps banned himedia from assessing its website...
Old 18-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #102
Master Member

i wonder if acryan playon hd would be able to view pps without problems?
konstrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #103
Supremacy Member

if this is true... is like stock market from the tip of the cliff fall to ground zero can die smelly smelly...
brownkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #104

Thanks... i used google translator and this is what the announcement states:

September 4, 2009, the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited (hereinafter referred to as: public source network) for the part of the TV manufacturers without the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited Authorized and unauthorized foreign propaganda be able to use PPStream software online viewing as a selling point for the Internet television production, marketing and publicity infringement issued a solemn statement. Recently found that there are still non-PC terminal hardware integration, or service providers continue to be able to see PPS Network TV for its big selling points of an area of advocacy, which issued a public source network solemnly declare:

1. public source network is not authorized by any hardware manufacturer, production and sales capabilities with a PPStream Internet, digital television hardware products, the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited nor will any of these products support services,. As the network has not been authorized by public sources, such products can not use any service PPStream. All sold under the name of PPStream banner is for the expense of the interests of consumers Yijizhisi, PPStream strongly condemned such acts.

2. any non-PC terminal hardware integration or service providers are not allowed to be PPStream client software migration, embedded or otherwise used through the Internet to connect a TV or TV set-top boxes and other electronic products to end users of audio-visual program services, including but not limited to the use PPStream posters, pictures and other services.

3. PPStream for the unauthorized use of software or the content of the non-PC terminal manufacturers, public source network has started legal proceedings, such firms must cease advertising, remove the related functions, refuses to co-ordination will assume a more serious legal liability.

4. December 18, 2009 prior to the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited ppstream software will be forced to upgrade in order to shield unauthorized non-PC terminal vendors from unauthorized use PPStream service behavior. Consumers have purchased these products Ke Yi "Consumer Rights Protection Law" to safeguard their rights.

5. the Shanghai Public Source Network Limited, is the only legitimate software PPStream owner, in addition to the company, all in the name of PPStream hardware integration, product marketing, online services, vendors are fake, the relevant public not to believe that , to protect themselves against unnecessary losses.

Finally cautioned consumers not to purchase a similar product, to prevent loss. Found a similar product or promotion, please direct complaints to: tousu@ppstream.com. Shanghai Public Source Network Co., Ltd. will use legal means to ensure the interests of both you and I, thank you!

Shanghai Public Source Network Co., Ltd.

December 17, 2009
Looks like that may have be my problem item 1)......, hmm not good news at all...
Old 18-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #105

Ok for HD300a and PPS, i've used it a few times and it was always very fast, until yesterday night, I get the same problem as you. I suspect it might be due to network congestion or some problems with the PPS server-side....

best is to try it during off-peak hours.
**** i take it back. it can't work now.

yesterday night was intermittent... now completely blocked out

and why the !@#@$$ do they have to do it now during holiday season!!! ARGGHHH!!

T_T
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.