Himedia HD300A Media Player

skysim71

Reaction score
Hi all very new to this type of player.....my friend told me about this type of player and ask me to look around at sim lim sq.....i went today 23 Dec 09 at found that there is some many other player out there....Amoi V6 is one of them and the staff at the first floor selling it told me that PPS has to it server for all media player!!!!!!?????

There goes my dream of getting it. Hiaz.....:(

Anyway went up to 6th floor to take a look at Himedia player........met Michael, a nice friendly guy, make some enquiry with him regarding the player they are selling and PPS things.......

After the discussion, Michael did discourage me to get it first but to wait for the official new firmware update before i buy it........but nevertheless since i went all the way there i brought the Himedia-300A.........

Now i praying very hard that PPS will be back ASAP......Hahahahaha:D

alvino77

Reaction score
so what is the selling price now? i walk in the other day and the shop guy told me it is $229 when everyone is telling me $199.

2 Pricing? or see people then decide the price?

199. maybe someone confused with the pricing there. michael is the best person to ask. i really don think they see ppl different price. michael seemed like a steady guy! :)

kkphon

Reaction score
199. maybe someone confused with the pricing there. michael is the best person to ask. i really don think they see ppl different price. michael seemed like a steady guy! :)

Current price is S$199 + $1 for the HDMI cable. Got mine yesterday. Took Michael a long while to go demo the player for me and he did it patiently. Tested the player last night, so far very happy with it.

brownkai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea... I fully agree michael been very helpful and patient (imagine repeating so many things over and over to many customers) somemore that day i went down he was all alone multi-tasking selling ebook and other stuffs. every mins non stop customer servicing and the smile is all always there.

bought it while the pps still working. was pretty sad when pps down.... but overall still not so bad... can use the player for other stuff thou streaming from youtude and sokou not so fantastic...

let hope new firmware back and support pps...

genesis113

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed, Michael is very helpful and patient. Very rare in SLS. :)
I bought HD300A and 300D before the PPS implemented. Himedia's firmware developing always few steps ahead of the other brands.
For me, most of the time, only playing HD media, rmvb, CD, and DVD.
PPS just wonderful add-on bonus.

simple

Reaction score
yeah.. saw 1 shop selling 188 too..... is there more then i shop selling the 300A??
planning to get 1 soon...

Hi michcal, may u can PM me the price too, will be getting 2 set, thanks

Sendoh82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah.. saw 1 shop selling 188 too..... is there more then i shop selling the 300A??

lol got.

that shop is selling export set. unlike mike's local warranty. if u dont mind charges for sendin back items back to china for exchange or repair then get the cheaper one

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol got.

that shop is selling export set. unlike mike's local warranty. if u dont mind charges for sendin back items back to china for exchange or repair then get the cheaper one

to me, its not worth it to save for that mere $11 for a no local warranty set. and, I believe playsmartsg is the only distributor in sg.

genesis113

Master Member
Reaction score
yah, I won't risk my hard-earned money for no warranty set.
Just bought d-link wireless dongle from Michael, and doing streaming from my Windows 7 to Himedia 300D, it works flawlessly so far with my HD media.

simple

Reaction score
yeah man thanks all for clarifying the cost diff on the 2 shop...... i agreed will pay more for the warrenty set ... only $11 diff.... cheers!!

playsmartsg

Reaction score
Ho folks,

thanks for all the support we received during this year.

On behalf of Play Smart Pte Ltd, I would like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a fantastic 2010. May all your wishes come true. We will bring more unique and cool gadgets and strive to give best service and support to you next year!

Thank you

best regards

Michael

playsmartsg

Reaction score

Hi,bro,

Currently we found many parallel import HiMedia HD300A in SLS, they don't come with local warranty, export warranty only.

How to check whether it is distributed by Play Smart Pte Ltd or Parallel Import?

Play Smart Package | Parallel Import Package
====================================================

Remote Control | English | Chinese

User Manual | English | Chinese

Power Plug | Singapore Standard (3 pins) | China Standard (2 pins)

Play Smart
Warranty Sticker | Yes | No

Local Warranty | Yes | No (Export Warranty)

After-sale
Service | Yes | No

======================================================

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Michael

esca

Reaction score
Require internal hdd?

Does this player need to have an internal hdd in order to function?
Can just plug in an external usb disk and play movies from there?

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah man thanks all for clarifying the cost diff on the 2 shop...... i agreed will pay more for the warrenty set ... only $11 diff.... cheers!!

U pay only $11 more for warranty set and great service from Michael. what more can you ask for :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.