Himedia HD300A Media Player

4rr0w2

Reaction score
HDD not included.
500B cannot record...another model which can record is coming soon.

ghostrider16

Reaction score
where to select download? is it the top portion of the pps "movie screen"?

not sure what you mean by that... anyway, here's my step by step guide...

1. go to www.ppstream.com and download the pps client
2. install the pps client into your computer
3. start your pps client on your computer and look for the channel list on your left
4. the channel list will have all the movie and tv catagory, click the catagory to open up the movie or tv content
5. look for the movie or tv that your want to download, right click it will open a drop-down menu and then select download (the language is chinese)
6. the movie or tv files usually in rmvb format will be downloaded to c:/ppsdownload folder
7. configure this folder into a share folder over your network
8. switch on your himedia player and configure your himedia player to link up to your network via SAMBA
9. you should be able to see your share folder in your himedia player now
10. go into the share folder and select the movie you wanna watch with your remote and that's it...

Last edited:

ghostrider16

Reaction score
New firmware 1.0.3.10

Ok guys, good news and bad...

good news:
the new firmware can be downloaded from http://bbs.himedia-tech.cn/viewthread.php?tid=18379&extra=page=1

haven't tried it yet...

bad news:
according to the forum, no fix for the pps problem...

i hope michael from playsmart can update us on the progress... good news or bad news, at least some form of news is better than being kept in the dark on this pps issue...

playsmartsg

Reaction score
Ok guys, good news and bad...

good news:
the new firmware can be downloaded from http://bbs.himedia-tech.cn/viewthread.php?tid=18379&extra=page=1

haven't tried it yet...

bad news:
according to the forum, no fix for the pps problem...

i hope michael from playsmart can update us on the progress... good news or bad news, at least some form of news is better than being kept in the dark on this pps issue...

Bro, firstly thanks for sharing how to download pps movies and streaming via. Hd300a to tv,I am sure it helps a log of ppl.

Secondly,we will release an announcement about pps today.

Thanks and best regards

tormont

Reaction score
Bro, firstly thanks for sharing how to download pps movies and streaming via. Hd300a to tv,I am sure it helps a log of ppl.

Thanks and best regards

hopefully is some good news. By the way, when and where will be the announcement made?

thnx... hopefully pps can be used on HD300A again....

skysim71

Reaction score

Thanks and best regards

Hope it will be good news for the coming NEW YEAR.........

PRAYING VERY HARD now..............

playsmartsg

Reaction score
Recently,we have contacted many partners in China, especially SmartQ (Strategy Partner of PPS), they gave announcement in their offcial forum:

关于V7 PPS网络视频无法正常播放的说明
尊敬的用户,

针对目前智器V7 PPS客户端软件,在使用的过程中出现的缓冲始终为0%,无法正常播放的现象,智器在此作出说明。

1.智器是获得PPS合法授权的合作伙伴,智器在产品宣传中关于PPS播放功能的介绍是真实的,不存在虚假宣传的成分。

2.网络视频、网络电视节目是近几年出现的新生事物,智器在V系列产品上开发PPS功能,也是在MID(手持网络设备)上实现网络视频、网络电视功能的尝试和创新。但是正因为是新生事物,在法律规范和运营制度方面还存在空白或者不明朗,现阶段正是规范和制度逐渐明朗的时期。

在智器V7 11月中旬上市时,V7支持PPS视频网页链接播放服务。为了配合网络视频、网络电视方面新的运营规范,经过与PPS的服务供应商(上海众源网络有限公司)的沟通,在V7上市一个月后,智器停止了对网页版视频播放功能的支持,并于2009年12月18日发布了集成PPS客户端的Linux操作系统固件V5.2。

但是由于现阶段网络视频、网络电视法律规范和运营制度方面的不确定性和细节上的变化,智器在12月21日,再度配合上海众源网络有限公司,暂时停止了V7的PPS客户端视频播放功能。

3.V7 PPS客户端视频播放功能的恢复时间,目前不能给出明确的时间点。但是根据和合作伙伴的沟通结果来看,我们预计春节前后将会有进一步的进展,届时将通报大家。

很抱歉出现这样的问题,影响大家对V7 产品的使用。很多用户在V7 PPS网络视频无法播放的问题上,对我们持宽容的态度,我们在此表示衷心的感谢。

智器售后服务中心
2009年12月29日

From the official announcement, we understand and "HOPE" pps can resume their service around Chinese New Year.

During this period, HiMedia is planning to add "Internet Radio" and other online video streaming sites to IMS. Stay tuned.

That's the latest update I can give all of you in the last day of 2009!

Happy New Year!

qrsy2k

Reaction score
Guys i recently upgraded my os to Win7 and now im having problem to access my shared files on my 300A.
Previously on vista have no problem.

I turned off password on my sharing option however on the player itself it still prompt me for user id and password.
Even i leave blank and tries to enter, it state login failed.

Is it the "Homegroup" thing that cause it? Thanks in advance

cimman305

Reaction score
Hi all very new to this type of player.....my friend told me about this type of player and ask me to look around at sim lim sq.....i went today 23 Dec 09 at found that there is some many other player out there....Amoi V6 is one of them and the staff at the first floor selling it told me that PPS has to it server for all media player!!!!!!?????

There goes my dream of getting it. Hiaz.....:(

Anyway went up to 6th floor to take a look at Himedia player........met Michael, a nice friendly guy, make some enquiry with him regarding the player they are selling and PPS things.......

After the discussion, Michael did discourage me to get it first but to wait for the official new firmware update before i buy it........but nevertheless since i went all the way there i brought the Himedia-300A.........

Now i praying very hard that PPS will be back ASAP......Hahahahaha:D

I tested the Amoi V6 as well. The problem with the Amoi is that it does not support DVD menu structure. ie. when you're at the movie menu, you can't select the Chapter Selection option or any of the options you see in the DVD menu. The female selling the Amoi player doesn't know a thing about Media players, claiming that even computer based media players (ie. PowerDVD) does not support DVD menus. She also claimed that no other standalone media players supports DVD menus. What hogwash.
Always get your stuff from people who knows the product. I tested the DVD menu support on the Himedia product and it works.

DELTAFORCE

Reaction score
Converting DVD to MKV Software

Anyone ever convert DVD to MKV files or any
software to recommend ?

Thanks !

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to view the chinese character on the pps client?
i can view the chinese on the pps website but not on the client....

on the client (the one with black color background), chinese on the left side cannot view but the right side is ok

pls advise what s/w or setup to view chinese character on pps client. thanks

wits0007

Reaction score
Need advise Guys,

My scenario, my HiMedia HD300A is connect to the wired Lan in the living room, with no internal HDD installed to it.

All my movies is residing in my room's PC.

Is there anyway for the HD300A to access the movies residing on this pc?

skysim71

Reaction score
Need advise Guys,

My scenario, my HiMedia HD300A is connect to the wired Lan in the living room, with no internal HDD installed to it.

All my movies is residing in my room's PC.

Is there anyway for the HD300A to access the movies residing on this pc?

Share ur folder and use samba inside the 300A to look for it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.