Himedia HD600 Media Player

NeedHELP

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a question that MAY be related to the 600 series ... My other half has been 'nagging' me that her friend has got a player that allows her to search the net and stream the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Kang Xin, Secret Garden etc. Ask her which brand and she doesn't know.

I have the older 300A and PPS barely works. I was asking one of my buds the other day which player has got good IMS and he said most probably the new Asus HD2. :s22:

So my question is ... is the Himedia 600 series THE 'magic' box? :s16:

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Got a question that MAY be related to the 600 series ... My other half has been 'nagging' me that her friend has got a player that allows her to search the net and stream the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Kang Xin, Secret Garden etc. Ask her which brand and she doesn't know.

I have the older 300A and PPS barely works. I was asking one of my buds the other day which player has got good IMS and he said most probably the new Asus HD2. :s22:

So my question is ... is the Himedia 600 series THE 'magic' box? :s16:

Nope, it's not THE 1185 player to get yet, in fact none of the 1185 players are. The are just too new in the market and there's lots of bugs to be fixed. From what I read the firmware structure is different from the old 1073 and 1283.

I think what you can stream off depends on the firmware and the IMS is in it. I suggest you go SLS and see if any player is able to stream the dramas u want and make sure they give you the same firmware as their demo set.

Example: HD600 don't have shoutcast in it's official firmware, BUT on one of the DIY firmwares there's shoutcast IMS^^

Asus HD2 runs on the same chipset as HD300A which is realtek 1073DD+ HD600A runs on the new 1185DD chipset.

lingcw

Reaction score
Try update to latest firmware as they have improved it so the player can read HD300A/B formatted HDD^^ Gd Luck^^

Already tried the 1.0.2.1 but no go... exact same issues.
Anyway, did some research online and apparently the PCI-e Wifi will clash with the SATA port. Seems like only an update from the 1185 chipset maker will solve this problem.
Hope I am proven wrong though...

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Already tried the 1.0.2.1 but no go... exact same issues.
Anyway, did some research online and apparently the PCI-e Wifi will clash with the SATA port. Seems like only an update from the 1185 chipset maker will solve this problem.
Hope I am proven wrong though...

The PCI-e and SATA thingy u read from Malaysia LYN? You mentioned u are using samsung f4 2tb hdd right?

I bought one from pc themes the other day (MIK). Formatted using HD600A, HDD was not detected. Then plug into my PC via USB HDD enclosed, Win7 requested me to format it (I use NTFS). After that I transfered 200+GB movies there, plug it back to HD600A. It's working^^

Tried transfered via wired lan (about 120GB) using samba all works ok. Also tried transfering 4+GB via wifi and everything works ok^^

lingcw

Reaction score
The PCI-e and SATA thingy u read from Malaysia LYN? You mentioned u are using samsung f4 2tb hdd right?

I bought one from pc themes the other day (MIK). Formatted using HD600A, HDD was not detected. Then plug into my PC via USB HDD enclosed, Win7 requested me to format it (I use NTFS). After that I transfered 200+GB movies there, plug it back to HD600A. It's working^^

Tried transfered via wired lan (about 120GB) using samba all works ok. Also tried transfering 4+GB via wifi and everything works ok^^

Nope. Read it from some China website. Attached below for anyone who is interested.

http://www.hdpfans.com/forum-viewthread-tid-12925-fromuid-4834.html

From the same website, there were other users with 2TB HDD that faces the same issue.

Anyway, what's the size of your HDD? You connect to HD600A via USB or SATA?

I had no issues connecting the same HDD via USB, just SATA is giving me problem.

Kinda pissed cause I bought HD600A partly bcos of the SATA connection, so that I do not need to purchase a separate HDD casing and use up another power socket for it.
That's how I justify the higher price anyway... sigh.

Hope this get solve soon.

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Anyway, what's the size of your HDD? You connect to HD600A via USB or SATA?

I had no issues connecting the same HDD via USB, just SATA is giving me problem.

Kinda pissed cause I bought HD600A partly bcos of the SATA connection, so that I do not need to purchase a separate HDD casing and use up another power socket for it.
That's how I justify the higher price anyway... sigh.

Hope this get solve soon.

HD204UI 2TB Samsung F4 via SATA. Tried with firmware 1.29/1.34/2.0/2.1 all no problem. But mine is a new clean HDD when I attached it to HD600A, HD600A did the partition and main partition was formatted with win7 NTFS. Files were copied into the HDD b4 the HDD was attached back to HD600A.

Previously I attached an old 160GB HDD with movies attached via SATA and everything works ok.

edit: could it be hardware problem? like your player sata port is faulty?

Last edited:

lingcw

Reaction score
HD204UI 2TB Samsung F4 via SATA. Tried with firmware 1.29/1.34/2.0/2.1 all no problem. But mine is a new clean HDD when I attached it to HD600A, HD600A did the partition and main partition was formatted with win7 NTFS. Files were copied into the HDD b4 the HDD was attached back to HD600A.

Previously I attached an old 160GB HDD with movies attached via SATA and everything works ok.

edit: could it be hardware problem? like your player sata port is faulty?

Hmm... that's strange.
Too bad formatting the HDD is really a last option for me right now cos of the data inside.
Mine was formatted on a WinXP machine.

Don't think it is a hardware problem. Cos I have tried 3 separate HDD since and all work fine via SATA. 2 of them is are WD 1TB HDD and 1 of them is a Hitachi 640GB HDD.

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Hmm... that's strange.
Too bad formatting the HDD is really a last option for me right now cos of the data inside.
Mine was formatted on a WinXP machine.

Don't think it is a hardware problem. Cos I have tried 3 separate HDD since and all work fine via SATA. 2 of them is are WD 1TB HDD and 1 of them is a Hitachi 640GB HDD.

Then it could be a bug, hope it gets fixed for u soon.

lingcw

Reaction score

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Wow! It worked! Thanks for the heads-up.

There is still some bug though... when I connect this particular HDD, the WIFI will die.
Once disconnected, WIFI works again.

The other HDD I tried doesn't have this issue.

grates^^ give it some time. It's just a 1 month old player, at least they work hard trying to fix those bugs^^

lingcw

Reaction score
grates^^ give it some time. It's just a 1 month old player, at least they work hard trying to fix those bugs^^

Yep. That's another reason I bought this player... their great after-sales support. :)
Now I'll just wait for them to solve the WIFI conflict issue.

The only problem which I don't think they can fix is the extremely weak WIFI signal. Hope I am proven wrong again.

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Yep. That's another reason I bought this player... their great after-sales support. :)
Now I'll just wait for them to solve the WIFI conflict issue.

The only problem which I don't think they can fix is the extremely weak WIFI signal. Hope I am proven wrong again.

The weak wifi problem fix will likely be hardware fix >.< which means it may only improve when the improve the casing/antenna design -_-

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seem like the 600B is not very stable with the potential Wifi issue... I am still waiting for the stock to arrive...just wonder if I have to swtich to look for other brands..

any suggestion?

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
seem like the 600B is not very stable with the potential Wifi issue... I am still waiting for the stock to arrive...just wonder if I have to swtich to look for other brands..

any suggestion?

So far the weak wifi is proven for HD600A. HD600B don't know yet. I won't say it's unstable for HD600A, it's a bad design issue. Think all 1185 player will be buggy at this point.

I only know 2 other brands of 1185 player that can/will be found in Singapore, Ac Ryan POHD2 (if you dare) and GIEC GK-HD260. Malaysia side you'll also find Datage HDPRO X2, Egreat R1-II and Eaget M900. These are just the ones I suggest you look at.

edit: there's also an option of getting HD600B without wifi (dunno if Singapore have this, but Malaysia does) and get a wifi dongle. Or you want stable buy the old 1073DD or 1283DD players^^

classicconceptstore

Reaction score
hi all the hd600b with wifi have just reached our store and also the giec gk hd 260 (realtek 1185) feel free to drop by to have a view on both wonderfully designed media player..

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
hi all the hd600b with wifi have just reached our store and also the giec gk hd 260 (realtek 1185) feel free to drop by to have a view on both wonderfully designed media player..

Thanks for the info^^ HD600B price is $229 confirm? also please let us know the GK-HD260 price. Thanks^^

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.