Minix Neo X5

third3gen

Reaction score
Could someone give a recommendation on a shop I can get this at SLS/Funan?

I'll drop by after work and give it a try. Been meaning to invest into a ultra low budget XBMC machine and this seems to be the better bet.

Doubt they would have the recommended keyboard right?

mav80

Reaction score
Check with all x5 owners, what is your available storage. I got 4gb when box indicate 16gb?

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i recall i have 11G or more free when it's new. some should be used for system and etc. after installing lots of junk, space reduced to 7G o4 something. very new to android, quite confusing which is which.

JAYAN

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check with all x5 owners, what is your available storage. I got 4gb when box indicate 16gb?

There're 2 partitions, one is for the OS and default apps, think abt 4GB+ then the 2nd partition is abt 10GB+, add together abt 15GB (or 16GB since the mfg says 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes....).

superman888

Reaction score
I went amconics technology pte ltd to purchase Neo X5, they told me no stock....very sian

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
discovered more fantastic feature on X5, probably i was slow.

Turn on allshare on your Samsung phone or equivalent air play app in your iphone, select thevideo and choose play to, select your X5, which is named ITV or ehomemediaserver and viola. you play all your favourite video on the bigscreen. no setting required for Samsung allshare devices.

tried on windows 8 pro, right click on video files, play to, select.either.protocols again, and it worked without any configuration by users again.

for apple devices, just turn on airplay on the DMR airplay settings and it should work.

i never know DLNA is that easy. LOL.

Last edited:

spilksch

Banned
Reaction score

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea how to add chinese font support for filenames on XBMC android?
Thanks

DrRipper

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my X5 and ran into an issue. It cannot output thru my Yamaha Soundbar. Initially though the X5 was faulty but it works when I connect the X5 directly to my TV. Tried the supplied HDMI cable as well as my own (which was working).

Anyone have any issues connecting the X5 to anything other than directly to the TV?

Thanks.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
  • ProxyDroid
    Set the proxy on your android devices to allow you access all the drama/movie on PPS影音! (Require root!)
    Basically run the app and set the Host as "201.98.123.126" and Port as "80". Enable proxy and you are good to go! :)

That's all I have! Do contribute more if you guys have other useful apps or tips!! :)

I've tried your proxy in my ipad , but it does not work for ipad's PPS. Any idea why?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.