Minix Neo X5

superman888

Reaction score
All Minix Neo X5 Users, please advice me since I am getting one soon :

1) Do I need an Air Mouse?

2) If yes that I need an Air Mouse, will the Minix Neo A1+ Air Mouse is a good purchase or any other Air Mouse recommendation (can purchase locally be better)?

3) Any other substitute for the Air Mouse, like use IPAD or Tablets to control the Neo X5 unit?

Appreciate your comments. Thank you:)

mambo10

Reaction score
MINIX NEO X5 Dual-Core Android 4.1.1 TV Box + RC9 Air Mouse w/ SD / 1GB RAM / 16GB ROM / Bluetooth - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

MINIX NEO X5 Dual-Core Android 4.1.1 TV Box + RC9 Air Mouse

sku_188836_9.jpg

ordered this from DX. :)

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Yes.
2. There are so many variant airmouse all over the net & vendors. You'll have to see your personal preference. Common ones are Measy RC11, RC9 & another brand F10 air mouse.
3. I find a normal wireless mouse has the best control though you'll need a surface to work on. Eg. The ProLink laser wireless keyboard & mouse combo works well with this. Laser mouse also means it will work on your sofa surface.

All Minix Neo X5 Users, please advice me since I am getting one soon :

1) Do I need an Air Mouse?

2) If yes that I need an Air Mouse, will the Minix Neo A1+ Air Mouse is a good purchase or any other Air Mouse recommendation (can purchase locally be better)?

3) Any other substitute for the Air Mouse, like use IPAD or Tablets to control the Neo X5 unit?

Appreciate your comments. Thank you:)

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which online vendor are you buying from? Or from Amconics?

How much is Amconics selling the Neo X5 for? I think they will have a booth at the upcoming IT fair so wonder if there will be any special promos. Btw, whats the advantage of Neo X5 over those m.i.c android tv box?

cobi

Reaction score
Airplay from my laptop (itune) wirelessly to router > ethernet wire to x5 > usb DAC audio out to int. amp :)

Slammer

Reaction score
1. Yes.
2. There are so many variant airmouse all over the net & vendors. You'll have to see your personal preference. Common ones are Measy RC11, RC9 & another brand F10 air mouse.
3. I find a normal wireless mouse has the best control though you'll need a surface to work on. Eg. The ProLink laser wireless keyboard & mouse combo works well with this. Laser mouse also means it will work on your sofa surface.

Can you confirm that all airmouse, including the minix a1, cannot be used to play motion sensing games, like driving games?

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am sorry. I won't know the answer. I think it's hard to tell which air mouse works best with which game. I know the RC11 has the gyroscope though & gyroscope is the device that's responsible to sense motion in our smartphones. Still can't be sure if it works with your particular game.

Can you confirm that all airmouse, including the minix a1, cannot be used to play motion sensing games, like driving games?

Last edited:

Slammer

Reaction score
I am sorry. I won't know the answer. I think it's hard to tell which air mouse works best with which game. I know the RC11 has the gyroscope though & gyroscope is the device that's responsible to sense motion in our smartphones. Still can't be sure if it works with your particular game.

Thanks. BTW, the Minix A1+ just launched - seems to support motion-gaming:

The new A1+ 2.4GHz Wireless Air-mouse offers all the same features of the previous model AND also the latest in gyroscope and 3D technology, meaning that the controller supports all directional contact (6 Axle). The gyroscope gaming support feature (which is only compatible when used with other Minix products – X5 and G4) means games can now be controlled through motion – for example in car racing games the user holds the controller as a steering wheel, tilting it in the appropriate directions - works on Rip Tide, Turbo Fly, My Paper Plane etc etc .... Also, movies and playback features can now be controlled by waving the remote left/right rather than needing to press any buttons.
In terms of appearance, the A1+ has a satin finishing rather than the gloss finish on the A1.

Not available on Aliexpress yet...

tofsla

Reaction score
IT 2013

Any idea if they will have IT show promo? I want to pick it up...

bctiong

Reaction score
Finally received the Box after some delay waiting for another item to ship together.
Can anyone advise how to do a back up of the existing ROM?
and how do you root this unit?
Many thanks.

Tried playing movie on TV and the result so far is 720P is fine but 1080P is lagging. Will try on new custom ROM after I find a way to back up the exisiting one (comes with JB 4.1.1).
I am running fine via Wifi connection (M1 100 Mps plan). Thinking of cable connection later if required.
Recommend qvodplayer.apk (快播). It can download movie first and play later or direct playing after some buffering.
8ff8fc52-95bf-4112-aa4c-e884fbde0890.jpg

Last edited:

DailyRoutine

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Was wondering if the X5 can be connected to a home theater system?
Thinking of buying the X5 and connect it to my Yamaha AVR with 5.1 speakers.

Thanks in advance.

xboxlife

Reaction score
Finally received the Box after some delay waiting for another item to ship together.
Can anyone advise how to do a back up of the existing ROM?
and how do you root this unit?
Many thanks.

Tried playing movie on TV and the result so far is 720P is fine but 1080P is lagging. Will try on new custom ROM after I find a way to back up the exisiting one (comes with JB 4.1.1).
I am running fine via Wifi connection (M1 100 Mps plan). Thinking of cable connection later if required.
Recommend qvodplayer.apk (快播). It can download movie first and play later or direct playing after some buffering.
8ff8fc52-95bf-4112-aa4c-e884fbde0890.jpg

Hi bro,can advice where u purchase and how much?

Thks

bctiong

Reaction score
Hi bro,can advice where u purchase and how much?

Thks

Pls refer to post #43.
via local agent 65daigou.com
Cost ~S$140/- by DHL.
At your own risk.
The remote controls have basic function only. I am using wireless mouse for navigation now. They have a bundle with A1 6-axis mouse (Gyroscope) costing abt S$26/- additional.

Last edited:

bctiong

Reaction score
Sharing some Actual Data on NeoX5

Already rooted with CWM Recovery installed.
CWM recovery for rk3066 devices.
Did a Back up of the existing Stock ROM with the CWM Recovery.
Having problem with Bluetooth file transfer of apk file. Strange as no problem for other files. Temporary solve it by rename .zip and transfer over.:s22:
Pls refer to attached pictures:
:s12::s12::s12:
Screenshot_2013-03-08-15-06-30.png

Screenshot_2013-03-08-15-06-48.png

Screenshot_2013-03-08-15-05-52.png

Screenshot_2013-03-08-15-08-09.png

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.