Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvin Koh

Reaction score
Hi, you mentioned that you used unotelly to get Hulu to work on the Shield TV. Is it working for Hulu apk for Android TV (latest V1.2.0) or the normal version (non android tv)?
Hi seals,

I uninstalled both versions of Hulu from my SATV as I do not have a premium account and that's about 2 months back.

From what I can vaguely remember, the sideloaded normal version works (without a paid subscription), but the resolution is poor.

The Android TV version I managed to load the interface, but I'd already cancelled my Hulu Plus trial by then to test the playback. If time permits and there's a way for me to signup a different trial, I will test it out again and let you know.

Alvin Koh

Reaction score
Hi all shield tv owners,
I am planning to get one for Geforce Now. But I have tested my network,
both starhub cable and singtel fiber have a red flag at Latency,
both are at the range of 80-100ms, I'd want to know will that affect game play a lot.
Or will it be better if I switch to Republic Gaming plan? Thanks a lot:s22:
I do not think switching ISP will help as the East Asian servers are in Japan(?) and the ping times of 80-100ms are probably typical.

jermss

Reaction score
Have any of you updated to the latest version?

I think some of the apps are Geo locked. i am using a US new playstore login but still i dont see apps such as Pandora or the new updates from Showtime and Disney.

havent seen Hulu from day one as well.

Deimos

Master Member
Reaction score
so far so good. first thing I noticed is the stutter in netflix is fixed
the rest have to wait till later then ownself check ownself

seals81

Reaction score
Hi seals,

I uninstalled both versions of Hulu from my SATV as I do not have a premium account and that's about 2 months back.

From what I can vaguely remember, the sideloaded normal version works (without a paid subscription), but the resolution is poor.

The Android TV version I managed to load the interface, but I'd already cancelled my Hulu Plus trial by then to test the playback. If time permits and there's a way for me to signup a different trial, I will test it out again and let you know.

Thanks for the reply Alvin.

My shield tv finally arrived. I am on myrepublic. Netflix works but Hulu throws me a geo location error.

Weirdly, the same thing happened on my ROKU when I am using Myrepublic DNS. It only worked when I changed the DNS to unotelly. Have yet to test the shield on unotelly as account has expired. Will try tonight.

By the way, anyone installed services like cloudtv, IPTV, etc on the shield tv?

jiawoei

Reaction score
I have gotten a lemon set from Amazon and got to return it.

The set will keep rebooting randomly. Both my remote and controller cannot connect to it.

Anyway my replacement will come on Monday.

Gamel999

Reaction score

My shield tv finally arrived. I am on myrepublic. Netflix works but Hulu throws me a geo location error.

Weirdly, the same thing happened on my ROKU when I am using Myrepublic DNS. It only worked when I changed the DNS to unotelly. Have yet to test the shield on unotelly as account has expired. Will try tonight.

what do you mean by netflix works?
I heard netflix will reach SG early 2016?
Or you mean you do not need to change any dns/vpn setting.
Can watch directly with us account???

seals81

Reaction score
what do you mean by netflix works?
I heard netflix will reach SG early 2016?
Or you mean you do not need to change any dns/vpn setting.
Can watch directly with us account???
Yes I was referring to the US account. As I'm on myrepublic, the teleport service enables Netflix to work.

Deimos

Master Member
Reaction score

unotelly worked flawlessly for me for netflix at least.

M1 fibre

kimurastanley

Reaction score
I have gotten a lemon set from Amazon and got to return it.

The set will keep rebooting randomly. Both my remote and controller cannot connect to it.

Anyway my replacement will come on Monday.

Mine also like that when I first got it. Spent 1 hour trying to connect to controller.when somehow it worked after I tried many times.

runestyx

Reaction score
Google cast works after the Google cast app is updated, nothing wrong with the 2.1 update
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/10/17/chromecast-and-android-tv-are-users-seeing-widespread-casting-issues-cast-receiver-apk-update-fixes-them-apk-download/

Sent from Motorola NEXUS 6 using GAGT

jermss

Reaction score
Netflix on mine is like buying lottery.. sometimes work sometimes dont. MyRepublic Teleport doesnt seem to work all the time even after entering the DNS on my router. Damn frustrating.

Also, if you sign in using a "USA" google account you have more apps to install. but i still cant get Pandora and Hulu to appear in the app store. I am sideloading Pandora currently.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confirm Nvidia will not cover any shipment burden at all?! I mean, they must have some responsibility returning faulty unit

Sorry for late reply. Nope, they don't give a hoot at all. You have to cover shipping to and fro. Shipping from Singpost (cheapest) is S$12x.xx. And when they send the replacement to your US address you'll have to pay for shipping back to SG, but that part will be much cheaper.

I was sending it back to Amazon, so they kindly refunded the shipping fees - amazing. Like I said, the device is pretty decent, but pray hard it doesn't fail on you.

Me, I'm getting another el cheapo Nexus Player to fix the Android TV void. With the Marshmallow update I can add internal storage to accommodate tons of games. And the upcoming Steam Link if I want to game from my PC. Long story short, Nvidia took a dump in my opinion of them, it'll be a long time before I ever consider giving them a cent in future.

That being said, anybody wants a Shield remote for the Shield TV? I'm selling at cost, you save on the shipping. :D

Alvin Koh

Reaction score
Mine also like that when I first got it. Spent 1 hour trying to connect to controller.when somehow it worked after I tried many times.
I faced a somewhat similar issues initially. Before sending the unit back, try to connect the Shield TV to a different output source (TV/Monitor) using their provided HDMI cable. Certain output devices cause the unit to reboot and behave very erratically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.