Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jermss

Reaction score
I changed the Dns already back to automatic. Still not working. This is my test results.
D8SdVr5l.jpg

Sent from Send from Nokia 8810 using GAGT

fishdundee

Reaction score
I am waiting for my shieldTV as well.... one question... has anyone tried installing china apps like youku, vst sohu and stuff?

Is it compatible ?

audiophiliac

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with Netflix? I start the app but it will automatically shut down after 6secs. Restarted my Shield and turned it on off as well. Not sure if it's due to the 1.4 update.

I read on GeForce forum that 1.4 has some bad problems, and Netflix app also has issues too.

Try uninstall the Netflix update first I guess.

To uninstall the Netflix updates, just go to play store and find Netflix. Select the app and you'll see the uninstall button, where "install" used to be.

Last edited:

D-Wade

Reaction score
DS Video

Synology NAS owner here,
for current owners, can help check Play Store in Nvidia Shield TV if got "DS Video" app? and is it running? thanks thanks.

emgee

Reaction score
I have looked through the entire store. Can't uninstall Netflix and for some reason my Teleport on Myrepublic is not working too.. It won't play Netflix and says that it's not in my region yet.

Its either ur DNS Setting is not correct OR Netflix has hardcoded DNS the system in their latest version update. I was told this by Unotelly CS and advised me to install back previous Netflix version that worked using DNS (i forgot which ver. no. 3.71 maybe? Can check on their website)

I used this ver on android tablet tho.. havent tried on shield

Last edited:

audiophiliac

Reaction score
I have looked through the entire store. Can't uninstall Netflix and for some reason my Teleport on Myrepublic is not working too.. It won't play Netflix and says that it's not in my region yet.

To be sure Teleport is working, try accessing Netflix from your PC instead.
If you can log in from PC, then that means the apk has hardcoded DNS system.

You could try to find the Netflix for android TV apk, and install an older version over the new version.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix-for-android-tv/

When I get home, I'll check the version I'm running and let you know which version to look for.

jermss

Reaction score
To be sure Teleport is working, try accessing Netflix from your PC instead.
If you can log in from PC, then that means the apk has hardcoded DNS system.

You could try to find the Netflix for android TV apk, and install an older version over the new version.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix-for-android-tv/

When I get home, I'll check the version I'm running and let you know which version to look for.

Thanks! will try to install APK you have included!

how are you all watch tv programs on the shield by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.