Question on KEF Active speakers

giffgaff

Reaction score
anyone owns the KEF LS50W? I had a listen at adelphi KEF and heard some buzzing on the left speakers. i was told that it's electrical noise. :/

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone owns the KEF LS50W? I had a listen at adelphi KEF and heard some buzzing on the left speakers. i was told that it's electrical noise. :/

I have them. No issues on mine. Loving it every day

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used too long, connected to too many devices, customer return unit, too many power conditioners, badly DIY-ed amplifier... Lots of reasons

aikonme

Reaction score
just to update on my speakers issue, speakers were sent back to HK but they cannot replica the problem over there. Lucky, the same problem happened in the Adelphi shop and witnessed by the staff.

Dragged till now and I asked for a refund or replacement and they agree to a replacement.

Hope the new speakers won't give me anymore problems.

Hi @Koma75, how did the replacement speaker went?
I hav been thinking of getting this after auditioning at Adelphi. After reading forum & FB of several owners having speaker failure or other hardware issues having second thoughts. Your feedback will be appreciated, thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/314208199057052/permalink/314252515719287/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/314208199057052/permalink/314356372375568/

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just get it. Great speakers for the price and KEF has excellent customer service anyway

aikonme

Reaction score
Just get it. Great speakers for the price and KEF has excellent customer service anyway

@Gymrat76, thanks for the poison :)
Btw, how’s your experience ? Any h/w or f/w issues you had encountered? GP is retailing the set now @ $3.2k. Thought the 1 year warranty a little short.

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, how’s your experience ? Any h/w or f/w issues you had encountered? GP is retailing the set now @ $3.2k. Thought the 1 year warranty a little short.

Actually I had the speakers fail once. Component I think which was a bad batch. Took it back and they replaced the board (took 2-3 weeks) and I got it back. Works fine now. In the beginning the app was quite problematic but they’ve resolved a lot of the bugs now. I have very little issues with it now

aikonme

Reaction score
Actually I had the speakers fail once. Component I think which was a bad batch. Took it back and they replaced the board (took 2-3 weeks) and I got it back. Works fine now. In the beginning the app was quite problematic but they’ve resolved a lot of the bugs now. I have very little issues with it now

Thanks for the info, looks like the early batches had hardware issue. Is the speakers production date available anywhere in the box or from their website? At least something to look out for if I decided. Hopefully they had resolved this now.

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, looks like the early batches had hardware issue. Is the speakers production date available anywhere in the box or from their website? At least something to look out for if I decided. Hopefully they had resolved this now.

I would just go ahead and get them. As said, KEF support is excellent if needed (though nobody would want any issues), and you usually hear about the issues rather than from those without (of which there are a lot). There's lemons is every product

aikonme

Reaction score
I would just go ahead and get them. As said, KEF support is excellent if needed (though nobody would want any issues), and you usually hear about the issues rather than from those without (of which there are a lot). There's lemons is every product

Thanks! Info has been helpful and appreciated.
Will arrange a second audition. Either this or the more costly option of LS50 passive + naim streamer.

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Info has been helpful and appreciated.
Will arrange a second audition. Either this or the more costly option of LS50 passive + naim streamer.

Can’t go wrong either way. But don’t see why you would go for the passives unless you already have the amps etc. The LS50s are not easy to match, and in the LS50W it’s been factory paired and tuned with the built in amp. But like I said, you won’t regret either way :)

weixiang80

Master Member
Reaction score

Go robinson @ heeren buy.
5% rebate with OCBC card if i not wrong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.