Showcase your home theater setup thread

Tatsukura

Reaction score
Glad to see there is still quite a number of people still rocking discrete speakers for their surround setups. I hate the soundbar era whereby most casuals just get sucked into it due to the marketing. Man I dun hear any surround effects with soundbars at all. Fake atmos or 5.1/7.1.

ac3knight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Setup this system 3 months ago with advice from folks here. Quite happy with it, but I need a rug (have been putting off buying it)
AM-JKLVSImyEEsJFhvr1H1Ycyv72g8dBz13j_rlWed6qRL7nwOdOVEC9zwR_z3ZvUUGXGVeCwT76Y6h7ZWe3_RQgoQlXAGYiZ663p7eWgY6OMmXuuFOGxBtkjdl0MIPC68Dhh1DZBWrb4dDGHZCxEFXkVwq9Yg=w1684-h1263-no
Sorry to dig but I see that you have a cut-out hole below the wall/cabinet that looks like it was originally planned for a subwoofer.

What happened in the end? I'm currently planning to do the same for my yet-to-be-built feature wall (subwoofer in cabinet).

Also I see that there's a room behind the tv wall. How's the sound travel into the room behind?

galapogos

Reaction score
Sorry to dig but I see that you have a cut-out hole below the wall/cabinet that looks like it was originally planned for a subwoofer.

What happened in the end? I'm currently planning to do the same for my yet-to-be-built feature wall (subwoofer in cabinet).

Also I see that there's a room behind the tv wall. How's the sound travel into the room behind?
The cut out cabinet you see that's below the left speakers is for my receiver. I posted a picture of it in the same post. The cut outs are for ventilation, and for the remote control IR to be able to reach the receiver. The sub is actually to the right of the sofa (also pictured) and it's not enclosed. Actually, you can see another taller cabinet on top of it, but without cut outs. That's for storage. Both cabinets eat into the built-in wardrobe space in the room. There's no issue with sound travelling into that room since usually we just play background music, or when it's movie night, the whole family is watching and nobody is in that room.

I don't think it's advisable for subwoofers, or any speakers, to be placed in cabinets.

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Glad to see there is still quite a number of people still rocking discrete speakers for their surround setups. I hate the soundbar era whereby most casuals just get sucked into it due to the marketing. Man I dun hear any surround effects with soundbars at all. Fake atmos or 5.1/7.1.
man i've tried everything from weird ass mangepans to monitor audio, kef, emotiva, elac, dali, and many many more etc etc.
in the end it's all come down to devialet phantoms + sonos systems.
so that everyone else can use, not just myself (too many things to switch on for discrete systems)

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Below is a pic of my brother's home setup in Toronto, not exactly high end, but more focused on TV size, it's a Samsung 85" and a 3.1 soundbar.
R8fuKFj.jpg

Psycovirus

Reaction score
sh0AmeR.png

O4rnUAx.png

Small 5.1.2 setup for small living room.
Dolby Atmos sounds amazing. Music sounds good enough. Sorry for weeb music, Suisei sounds spectacular.

TV: LG 65" C1 OLED
Speakers: Klipsch - Mixed R and RP. 12" Sub for BASS
AVR: Denon AVR-X4700H

Red - No Room Correction | Cyan - Audyssey MultEQ XT
Not bad. Room correction made the frequency response flatter. Don't know why Audyssey pushed treble another 8dB above 9kHz...
VPFvDfZ.png

Tested using cheap measuring mic in RoomEQ. Might not be accurate.
8TPq1Ts.png

Last edited:

ljming99

Reaction score
sh0AmeR.png

O4rnUAx.png

Small 5.1.2 setup for small living room.
Dolby Atmos sounds amazing. Music sounds good enough. Sorry for weeb music, Suisei sounds spectacular.

TV: LG 65" C1 OLED
Speakers: Klipsch - Mixed R and RP. 12" Sub for BASS
AVR: Denon AVR-X4700H

Red - No Room Correction | Cyan - Audyssey MultEQ XT
Not bad. Room correction made the frequency response flatter. Don't know why Audyssey pushed treble another 8dB above 9kHz...
VPFvDfZ.png

Tested using cheap measuring mic in RoomEQ. Might not be accurate.
8TPq1Ts.png
Nice to see someone rocking a x4700h.

dreamaurora

Reaction score
My desktop audio setup that is also the only home theater setup in my house. First and foremost built for music enjoyment but it's also damn good for movies. Spent slightly less than 10K for the audio setup thanks to steep discounts, but I think it's as good or better than a few of the Adelphi showrooms setup costing 5-6X more. Very musical and natural sounding. And damn high WAF.

TV: Samsung Serif 43"
Speakers: Cabasse Riga, Sonos Playbase (for secondary speaker when using Zoom)
Sub: Cabasse Santorin 21
DAC: Lab12 Dac1 Reference
Amp: Sony TA-A1ES

QpiEfQv.jpg

RPQ8PDw.jpg
3OgxMWW.jpg

xllms

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_2022-10-29-20-07-11-62_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817_1.jpg

Sharing my home system taken last year
Hifi:
MacMini(2012), etherRegen, Sonore opticalRendu, Holo Audio May KTE, Classé CAP-80, Raidho X-1 on stands with Isoacoustics gaia III
*have since replaced etherRegen with a dual OXCO crystal clock modified Huawei Switch
TV/Movies:
Yamaha YSP-2700
Xiaomi TV 4 55"

Last edited:

dreamaurora

Reaction score
Screenshot_2022-10-29-20-07-11-62_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817_1.jpg

Sharing my home system taken last year
Hifi:
MacMini(2012), etherRegen, Sonore opticalRendu, Holo Audio May KTE, Classé CAP-80, Raidho X-1 on stands with Isoacoustics gaia III
*have since replaced etherRegen with a dual OXCO crystal clock modified Huawei Switch
TV/Movies:
Yamaha YSP-2700
Xiaomi TV 4 55"
Nice! Why not just add sub and then use the Raidho for movies as well?

xllms

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice! Why not just add sub and then use the Raidho for movies as well?
to add sub, most likely i have to change the integrated amp and run a very long cable to place the sub, which will be very ugly.

dreamaurora

Reaction score
to add sub, most likely i have to change the integrated amp and run a very long cable to place the sub, which will be very ugly.
Your Classe already got Pre-out so can add sub anytime. Sub can put at the corner so no visible cable?

Love Raidho, it is one of the few brands I consider as sounding very realistic.

xllms

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your Classe already got Pre-out so can add sub anytime. Sub can put at the corner so no visible cable?

Love Raidho, it is one of the few brands I consider as sounding very realistic.
yah, u r right about the raidho sound. i took a gamble and bought them used (just before lockdown) based on memory and experiences many many years ago. it sound good straight away. it become wow once i added isoacoustics gaia iii to the stands. the high frequencies are so clear, with no hints of harshness. the entire presentation is so effortless and layered. adding a sub will definitely help to make it even better.

along the same wall with the hifi equipment and tv, there is no space at the moment. 😂

if i get rid of the yamaha ysp2700 and use a good single soundbar, eg. sennheiser ambeo, can consider adding a wireless adaptor for a new small subwoofer that can be placed at the current yamaha subwoofer location.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.