Soundbar discussion Thread III {consolidated}

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I got the VIZIO SB3821-D6 a year ago from ebay and it was quite a good soundbar.
One thing i realised after reading here is that the voltage might well be 120V (US market only) but the unit is well and fine after a year of use..... Should I be worried and get a step down transformer still?
I couldn't find anything about voltage on their website and thrown away the box as well.. last thing to do is to email them actually..

If you been running for 1 years sound like the sound bar support 110-230v power. Otherwise it should be blow (fuse and internal power) on your 1st power on.

Free_MaN

Reaction score
Hi guys, any value for money optical cable to recommend? Currently using the default optical cable from YAS 207

petetherock

Reaction score
Hi guys, any value for money optical cable to recommend? Currently using the default optical cable from YAS 207

For a basic setup, it's not worth your while to do such upgrades..even if you get a $100 cable you want get much better sound. You are better off using Hdmi for lossless sound.

disastrous

Reaction score
Below $200 can get an okay/average soundbar? Anything better than the TV speakers will suffice ..

petetherock

Reaction score
Below $200 can get an okay/average soundbar? Anything better than the TV speakers will suffice ..

Spend a bit more, and get the Yamaha YAS 107. Modern and full featured. Sure, there's no sub, but for the wife, that means less clutter...
Check it out.

akkers

Reaction score
Soundbar for better vocal performance

Hi, i recently bought a Panasonic EZ950 OLED 55" used primarily for Netflix and occasional Youtube videos. Later will probably pick up either a PS4 or Xbox for games and BD.

Performance using Netflix app on sound side is disappointing. It defaults to 5.1 and voice sounds very soft. If I change Netflix sound to 2.0, it is even worst.

Voice clarity is better on certain youtube videos.

I want to buy a soundbar which will primarily emphasize voice audio. I dont really care about background score or environmental sounds or surround sound performance. We prefer to watch shows and movies at a lower sound level anyways so that it does not freak out our pets.

Any suggestions? Would a Yamaha 107 suffice?

thanks Akkers

moron+genius

Reaction score
Hi, i recently bought a Panasonic EZ950 OLED 55" used primarily for Netflix and occasional Youtube videos. Later will probably pick up either a PS4 or Xbox for games and BD.

Performance using Netflix app on sound side is disappointing. It defaults to 5.1 and voice sounds very soft. If I change Netflix sound to 2.0, it is even worst.

Voice clarity is better on certain youtube videos.

I want to buy a soundbar which will primarily emphasize voice audio. I dont really care about background score or environmental sounds or surround sound performance. We prefer to watch shows and movies at a lower sound level anyways so that it does not freak out our pets.

Any suggestions? Would a Yamaha 107 suffice?

thanks Akkers
Look 4 a soundbar wif centre channel 2 help wif voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.