HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2017, 06:02 PM   #631
Master Member

Thanks, this confirms it. Now just need to decide between UBox or EvePad.

I had to ask though cos I am hearing some people suggesting to get any Android TV box and then download some kind of app, not sure what they exactly referring to or even if they are correct in the first place or not
Dont have to rack your brains because its not rocket science. There are free to use apps which you can download and install onto any tv box, and then there are proprietary apps which only works on respective boxes like evpad or ub. Free to use apps tends not to last too long. Which is why things like ubox or premium iptv subscription gain popularity nowadays. The cheapest option would be to get any tv box and go look for those free to use apps. Next cheapest would be get any tv box and pay for premium iptv subscription, but for this the cost would add up in long run. Next would be to get iptv bundled into a box like ub or evpad. You pay a huge lump sum upfront, but its worth it if the box can last you for a couple of years. Last option which would provide the best quality and stability but costs the most, is to subscribe to the traffic lights cable operators.
ferocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #632

Dont have to rack your brains because its not rocket science. There are free to use apps which you can download and install onto any tv box, and then there are proprietary apps which only works on respective boxes like evpad or ub. Free to use apps tends not to last too long. Which is why things like ubox or premium iptv subscription gain popularity nowadays. The cheapest option would be to get any tv box and go look for those free to use apps. Next cheapest would be get any tv box and pay for premium iptv subscription, but for this the cost would add up in long run. Next would be to get iptv bundled into a box like ub or evpad. You pay a huge lump sum upfront, but its worth it if the box can last you for a couple of years. Last option which would provide the best quality and stability but costs the most, is to subscribe to the traffic lights cable operators.
Thanks for the summary, this helps a lot

Now deciding on Evpad or UBox, SLS's 03-65 got both boxes to demo right?
condsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 01:30 AM   #633
Master Member

Apparently an official unblock service center has been set up, located at SLS. They are currently running a trade in program for old ubox models when you purchase the ubox 4 from their qoo10 link. The trade-in prices are low but good for those have a faulty ubox lying around and want to change to a ubox 4.

http://list.qoo10.sg/g/552023418

Old 14-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #634

Apparently an official unblock service center has been set up, located at SLS. They are currently running a trade in program for old ubox models when you purchase the ubox 4 from their qoo10 link. The trade-in prices are low but good for those have a faulty ubox lying around and want to change to a ubox 4.

http://list.qoo10.sg/g/552023418

So the Clementi Mall shop (3pm.sg) is authorised dist or this shop?
Or different thing? One is shop selling and one is service center? Or they are all same boss? Hahahaha
topaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #635
Arch-Supremacy Member

WTF, my UB 1 can only trade in $10.

And it will still cost $178.
What's the current price outside.

My bing of death UB box accepted or not.
testerjp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 01:54 AM   #636

Hello,

I have a old UBOX Gen 2, did a reset. Am trying to install kodi but after opening .apk file, it says there was a problem parsing the package. Under security I already allowed installation from unknown sources.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 02:03 AM   #637
Master Member

Hello,

I have a old UBOX Gen 2, did a reset. Am trying to install kodi but after opening .apk file, it says there was a problem parsing the package. Under security I already allowed installation from unknown sources.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Kodi 17 cant be installed on your gen 2 box becuz the android version is too old. Either you install older versions of kodi or look for forks based on kodi 17 that can work on android 4.xxx and below.
Old 15-09-2017, 02:04 AM   #638

Just realised this after googling some more. Okie doks thanks for the quick reply! Could you point me in a reliable fork? or would you recommend just downloading jarvis?
Old 15-09-2017, 02:08 AM   #639
Master Member

Just realised this after googling some more. Okie doks thanks for the quick reply! Could you point me in a reliable fork? or would you recommend just downloading jarvis?
Google kodi 17 forks for android 4.4 or something along that line......there are a bunch of choices so you try them out yourself.
Old 15-09-2017, 02:13 AM   #640

Google kodi 17 forks for android 4.4 or something along that line......there are a bunch of choices so you try them out yourself.
got it! thanks again!
Old 16-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #641
Master Member

$41 for ub gen3 with BT

I think this is the right price

http://www.lazada.sg/unblock-tech-ub...-11520116.html
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #642

$41 for ub gen3 with BT

I think this is the right price

http://www.lazada.sg/unblock-tech-ub...-11520116.html
invalid link
martintylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 04:00 PM   #643
Master Member

Smile

invalid link
Too late.

Seller removed the link. If you check out earlier, you can buy it at $41
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #644

Too late.

Seller removed the link. If you check out earlier, you can buy it at $41
oh well, thks for sharing anyway
martintylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #645

So the Clementi Mall shop (3pm.sg) is authorised dist or this shop?
Or different thing? One is shop selling and one is service center? Or they are all same boss? Hahahaha
This shop honour my ubox purchase from Q-store few months ago, with a warranty sticker and able to rectify the fault for free. Staff friendly and helpful
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.