2017 Feb BTO Punggol - Northshore Cove & Waterway Sunrise II

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Sian man. So difficult to get AHG.

One resign then after appointment get a job back~~
:x because I have a job since April. My grant from 75k to 65k lei!
So thinking of asking my SO to quit then work again.
10k vs salary is a lot.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10k vs salary is a lot.

need to resign for a year, or just that few months bef appt?

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
grant is not necessary good if you want to sell your house in the future. you have to pay back. am I right?

ChaoAhGua

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10k vs salary is a lot.

unless current job is not good or what if not i think quite pointless to resign to get more grants leh.

later the next job doesn't suit him or whatsoever den how :eek:

GeraldineT

Reaction score
unless current job is not good or what if not i think quite pointless to resign to get more grants leh.

later the next job doesn't suit him or whatsoever den how :eek:

Ya. His current job not that good so~ that's why Lor.

ANGKUKUEH!

Reaction score
Eligibility is base on 12 months before the bto date Ma.
Then I think actual grant amount is 12 months before appointment date

Actually resign now also no use, cos the grant is based on your Annual income for past year. If im not wrong.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Actually resign now also no use, cos the grant is based on your Annual income for past year. If im not wrong.

That's eligibility. The actual amount everyone say is base on selection date. If it's base on 12 months before Jan 2017 then I no need Liao lor

GeraldineT

Reaction score
My q number is inside the 750 but my number is too behind so I not sure if I drop out will affect my 2 chances.

Then u can drop out and the next one if kena behind number u would need to take or will be 2nd chance.

ANGKUKUEH!

Reaction score
Actually for those considering Northshore Cove 4 room, what would be your second option? Curious, cos I know first option would definitely be Unit 159.

Tewiii

Reaction score
Eligibility is base on 12 months before the bto date Ma.
Then I think actual grant amount is 12 months before appointment date

Unless you're planning to forfeit this round, quit the job, then apply for another BTO after a few months, no point because grant amount is based on APPLICATION date (i.e. Feb 2017).

"The AHG and/ or SHG amount received depends on the average gross monthly household income for the 12 months prior to you submitting your flat application."

From http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/first-timer-applicants

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Unless you're planning to forfeit this round, quit the job, then apply for another BTO after a few months, no point because grant amount is based on APPLICATION date (i.e. Feb 2017).

"The AHG and/ or SHG amount received depends on the average gross monthly household income for the 12 months prior to you submitting your flat application."

From http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/first-timer-applicants

So grant is base on Jan 2017 and before ? Not application date for sure?

GeraldineT

Reaction score

Lol. Let them say what they want.
a lot of people has done it before.
It's just a bit confusing whether the grant calculation is base on Jan 2017 and 12 months before or flat selection 12 months before.

And even the hdb said
4 You may request for the AHG and/or SHG if your partner meets the employment criteria for the grant, even if you did not meet the continuous employment requirement. However, although you did not meet the requirement, your income for the past one year period is taken into consideration to compute the average gross monthly household income to determine the amount of grant you are eligible to.

Last edited:

ChaoAhGua

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. Let them say what they want.
a lot of people has done it before.
It's just a bit confusing whether the grant calculation is base on Jan 2017 and 12 months before or flat selection 12 months before.

And even the hdb said
4 You may request for the AHG and/or SHG if your partner meets the employment criteria for the grant, even if you did not meet the continuous employment requirement. However, although you did not meet the requirement, your income for the past one year period is taken into consideration to compute the average gross monthly household income to determine the amount of grant you are eligible to.

but alot of people saying it's not worth it leh.... loss of income for 1year :eek:

GeraldineT

Reaction score
but alot of people saying it's not worth it leh.... loss of income for 1year :eek:

Oops ps. I called hdb to confirm and it's Feb 2017 and 11 months before that they take. So no diff to my grant amount. It remains as what I was initially expecting

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.