2017 Feb BTO Punggol - Northshore Cove & Waterway Sunrise II

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so according to windwaver,imagine having a romantic dinner at the service yard of stack 120&124.

I have stack 159, 94 and those balcony units to consider except the ones with eating house below.

so cupcakeee,
which are the stacks of your 'top two units'?

cupcakeee

Reaction score
so according to windwaver,imagine having a romantic dinner at the service yard of stack 120&124.

I have stack 159, 94 and those balcony units to consider except the ones with eating house below.

so cupcakeee,
which are the stacks of your 'top two units'?

96 and 120 like windwaver mentioned! I actually like stack 94 same as you because they go as high as 18 floors! I think the view is just as good too and I like living on high floors (living on 11th storey now) but the bf insists on a balcony still so highly doubt we'll take 94.

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
as good as the view sounds....walking to the LRT station will be tiring. the walking distance is further than the current place I stay, which I took 5mins!
so from blk 654A/B walk to kadaloor takes probably 7 mins at least!
while the walking disatance from cove to punggol north MRT station is the same or shorter. but that would be in 2026 the earliest.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
No scheme, first time couple so really just beginner's luck haha.

Geraldine, were the chimneys' view ok? I freaked out a little bit when ST posted a photo of the chimneys' flaring from a nearby block. My bf actually wanted Northshore more but I convinced him to go for Sunrise. I'm not particular about the air or whatever "pollution" because I've been staying in Sengkang all my life and we hang out at Punggol a lot also so no issues there.

At the same time, I also feel like since the other Northshore BTO projects on the same coastline were so popular as well, I shouldn't worry so much :s13:

I think given ur number u will have no problem with what u want.
I think u can list down 5-10 units ranking. Def can get.
Pollution wise I've been there no smell but my dad say only after oct onwards cause wind direction change. So only after oct then able to go n check if there's a "smell". Otherwise that area when I went n catch Pokemon last time daily, didn't smell anything. ( can't recall did the game came out after oct also?)

I haven't been able to catch the actual day the flaring happened. Anyone knows when? Or able to find out when?

GeraldineT

Reaction score
as good as the view sounds....walking to the LRT station will be tiring. the walking distance is further than the current place I stay, which I took 5mins!
so from blk 654A/B walk to kadaloor takes probably 7 mins at least!
while the walking disatance from cove to punggol north MRT station is the same or shorter. but that would be in 2026 the earliest.

Cove to lrt very short. But to mrt probably 10 mins.
Mrt by 2030.
Northshore by 2022. (8 years to go)
Northshore to lrt 4 mins
Waterway to lrt 6mins min depending which block. So I'll say 6-10?
But only 1 bus stop cause they say roundabout won't have bus stop~
I'll be the one waiting for bus to lrt LOL. cause I lazy to walk.

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
facing the sea unit won't kena direct sun? I don't know ley.
what I just realized is, with closed door ,high floor and facing the sea unit, can walk around nakedly lol.

Geraldine,
waiting for bus can be long too..
looks like the walking distance to mrt from cove is far enough.need to take a bus/LRT for one stop. not here not there...

imagine residents of WS1 have to walk further down to LRT.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
what I just realized is, with closed door ,high floor and facing the sea unit, can walk around nakedly lol.

Geraldine,
waiting for bus can be long too..
looks like the walking distance to mrt from cove is far enough.need to take a bus/LRT for one stop. not here not there...

imagine residents of WS1 have to walk further down to LRT.

True. But ns area might have more bus stop

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
windwaver, what do you think of stack 94 of WS2?

Actually stack 94 is pretty decent, other than the corridor service yard, there's no west sun, pretty good NE winds and no shared wall. One point to note is the roof garden of stacks 96, 98, 100, 102, 104, 106 is accessible, usually it's a concern for at least 3 floors above and below.

In other words, if you were to take stack 94, avoid floors 6 to 12.

Thank you for this windwaver, it's very helpful! Shared this with my bf and he agrees as well - we're just gonna pray that we can get any of the top two units of those stacks :)

120 is pretty decent except the elevated ramp in front from the waterway. Based on my estimation, it's probably eye level for floors 2 to 3. Given your number, there are better stacks without balcony.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Facing the sea has it's drawbacks as well.

Depending on the angle of shine from the sun, the water from the sea will reflect sunlight. Unfortunately, some of this reflection will end up in your home. Check out what "Rayleigh scattering" means.

A short paragraph from wiki

"Rayleigh scattering, named after the British physicist Lord Rayleigh (John William Strutt),[1] is the (dominantly) elastic scattering of light or other electromagnetic radiation by particles much smaller than the wavelength of the radiation. Rayleigh scattering does not change the state of material and is, hence, a parametric process. The particles may be individual atoms or molecules. It can occur when light travels through transparent solids and liquids, but is most prominently seen in gases. Rayleigh scattering results from the electric polarizability of the particles. The oscillating electric field of a light wave acts on the charges within a particle, causing them to move at the same frequency. The particle therefore becomes a small radiating dipole whose radiation we see as scattered light.

Rayleigh scattering of sunlight in the atmosphere causes diffuse sky radiation, which is the reason for the blue color of the sky and the yellow tone of the sun itself.

The amount of scattering is inversely proportional to the fourth power of the wavelength."

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thanks windwaver, so you mean the service yard of stack 94 is facing corridor? no water view? not even the greenery?

cheesefries0707

Reaction score
Do you guys know the location of the future punggol north mrt ? I tried to google but couldnt find any information ?

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
maybe strategically locate next to northshore plazas or the future SIT...

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks windwaver, so you mean the service yard of stack 94 is facing corridor? no water view? not even the greenery?

Yup, the service yard of stack 94 can be seen from the corridor (but not as bad as stack 88). The view from all your rooms of stack 94 is good (nice water view and winds). Just avoid those floors that can post a privacy issue from the people on the roof garden.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know the location of the future punggol north mrt ? I tried to google but couldnt find any information ?

maybe strategically locate next to northshore plazas or the future SIT...

It is likely to be near to the northern portion of Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). My guess is probably a junction away from the current Punggol fishing pond.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is likely to be near to the northern portion of Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). My guess is probably a junction away from the current Punggol fishing pond.

Punggol north mrt will integrate with the existing punggol mrt

Yes, it will be an extension after the current Punggol MRT station. My guess it's about two junctions away from NorthShore Cove (current Trio will be nearest). It will be completed around 2030.

north-east-line-extension-map.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.