Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By F3Rm1nat0r
  • 1 Post By vinz

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

3-room or 4-room BTO flat?

Hey guys,

I'm getting a 3 or 4 room BTO flat which I plan to sell after MOP of 5 years, hoping to make a considerable profit.

This will be like an investment for me, so wondering should I go for a 3 or 4 room? I can afford either one of them so which will make a better investment?

Thanks.
maggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

i wish people who buy hdb did not have this kind of mentality, make it so hard for people who really need a home.
yukita likes this.
F3Rm1nat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

going by absolute $ gain/loss, 4-room will have a bigger number. so, 4 room.
kebinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Master Member

Public housing. For own stay.

Do not keep assuming HDB prices will always be breaking record years after years.

I had tried selling a HDB flat Valuation 400k, but selling at 340k, 60k BELOW VALUATION and there is no buyers for 6 months. Of course that is the time when the property cycle is "down" and there is an over supply of houses for people to choose from.

Considerable profit? You are buying at one of the highest peak in singapore history, everyone is complaining of high prices. HDB is ramming up supply every quarter. 5-7yrs down the road there will be tons of HDB flat in the resale market, everyone trying to make profit, but will there be buyers driving up prices to another peak again?

Government is warning of new measures to curb property rise again.

Of course no matter what, high chances BTO flat will make you some profit after the MOP, but considerable profit nobody will know.

good luck,

vinz
JustGoodTrades likes this.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do not keep assuming HDB prices will always be breaking record years after years.

I had tried selling a HDB flat Valuation 400k, but selling at 340k, 60k BELOW VALUATION and there is no buyers for 6 months. Of course that is the time when the property cycle is "down" and there is an over supply of houses for people to choose from.

Considerable profit? You are buying at one of the highest peak in singapore history, everyone is complaining of high prices. HDB is ramming up supply every quarter. 5-7yrs down the road there will be tons of HDB flat in the resale market, everyone trying to make profit, but will there be buyers driving up prices to another peak again?

Of course no matter what, high chances BTO flat will make you some profit after the MOP, but considerable profit nobody will know.

good luck,

vinz
I take my hat off to vinz, an agent by profession, but still speaks the straight truth. wish more sg agents are like you man
F3Rm1nat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

good luck,

vinz
340k and still not bite? not recently right?
supergmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey guys,

I'm getting a 3 or 4 room BTO flat which I plan to sell after MOP of 5 years, hoping to make a considerable profit.

This will be like an investment for me, so wondering should I go for a 3 or 4 room? I can afford either one of them so which will make a better investment?

Thanks.
For investment the 4rm BTO will be the choice, once you get the flat, rent out 2rm, each room charge $700, and taking bank loan since interest is low for short term investment..

If you get 4rm,profit will be better after selling, if next time want downgrade, still can get 3rm....
Old 12-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

going by absolute $ gain/loss, 4-room will have a bigger number. so, 4 room.
Precisely, you have said not staying for longYou want migrate
Old 13-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #9

As what Vinz has said, the property price is high now and government is ramping up the supply. But who knows where the price is heading?

Property prices seems to to going up and never down unless crisis happen. And if you're intending to make a purchase, check the rate carefully and don't go for bank loans that offers only 2 years attractive rate. You'll end up paying more when you refinance due to the low legal subsidy provided by the next bank and the clawback you need to pay to the current bank.

PM me if you want to know more information about the banks rate

Regards
Stanley Ng

Free Cash Rebate when finance a loan through simplymortgage.com.sg
simply mortgage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 03:08 AM   #10

It is hard to say that you will definitely make a considerable profit as there are ups and down in a property cycle.

I bought my resale Woodlands EA flat in 2007 at $290K, $30K below valuation $320K. Considering that there is so much supply from HDB BTO flat, there may be a repeat of the situation of oversupply of HDB resale units 8 years down the road. However, if you are in no hurry to sell immediatly after MOP, HDB flat prices will always go up in the longer term.

Between 3 and 4 room flat, it is better to go for 4 room flat as this is the flat type that is highest in demand. You will also get a higher appreciation in value due to the larger size as compared to 3 room flat and the extra room.

If you save up enough money and decide to go for a condo later, you can also rent out your HDB flat and use the rental to finance your condo mortgage.
marineboy3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #11
High Supremacy Member

4 rooms lor
3 rooms so small but good for those loners la for them next time buy from resale
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.