HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buying new flat from HDB and HDB loan - what is the timeline for payment?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
Master Member

Its not a matter of me being sure that I will get a ballot number.
Its a matter of making preparations and preparing the documents in the event that you got the ballot number and you happen to not be around.

You'll never know whats going to happen and you'll never know you might just get lucky and get the ballot number and get the unit of your choice.
Bro, appointment time can be changed, can appointment proxy for you too, the results should be out before your departure. Just leave your IC in Singapore, and sign authorisation before departing ba.
stonefish35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #17
Master Member

omg thats freaking long for something so simple to do...
It should be computerised and shouldn't take more than a day man...
horrible...
So from the looks of it, even if I get a chance to select a flat, I won't be able to be there.
Can just my partner go in my place without me? or it doesn't work that way?
its not simple for them to do it. there are other concurrent projects going on as well.

Most probably they have already ballot out the numbers out but didnt release only. selection date will be released within few days after queue number is out. Imagine people get queue number already then everyday call hdb hotline and ask them when will be their selection day etc
MrCoolStoryBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #18
Supremacy Member

omg thats freaking long for something so simple to do...
It should be computerised and shouldn't take more than a day man...
horrible...
So from the looks of it, even if I get a chance to select a flat, I won't be able to be there.
Can just my partner go in my place without me? or it doesn't work that way?
2 to 3 weeks is indeed long. But it took HDB 21 weeks from the date I signed OTP for purchase of an EC to approve my purchase!!!
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #19

2 to 3 weeks is indeed long. But it took HDB 21 weeks from the date I signed OTP for purchase of an EC to approve my purchase!!!
It took HDB 3 months from the date I signed OTP to approve my resale application. Then, another 2 months for 2nd HDB appointment to take place.

Altogether, I got to wait 5 months before I get my keys for resale unit.
forgottenplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #20

its hdb. what do u guys expect

lol
kennchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #21
Master Member

Question , if you apply for bank loan, do they still wipe out your cpf when you collect key?
swirler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #22

Question , if you apply for bank loan, do they still wipe out your cpf when you collect key?
i applied DBSS using bank loan as some portions i paid by cash..never wipe out my cpf. only monthly repayments via cpf. u can choose also if i remember correctly when you meet up with your lawyers.
but of cos please note that you got to see the maximum amount you can loan from the bank against the cost of the flat etc etc.
jerwin1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #23

You can determine how much CPF to use for your property. If this is your first and only property, you and your wife can utilise all your CPF currently sitting in your OA account and use your monthly CPF contribution to pay for the monthly instalment.

PM me if you want to know more about the bank loans and which bank offer the lowest rate for HDB loan.

Regards
Simply Mortgage

Free Cash Rebate when finance a loan through simplymortgage.com.sg
simply mortgage is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.