Cancel BTO but other party dont wanna sign

Oliver Queen

Reaction score
Hi,

No info on the HDB website about this. I'm facing a problem where the other party doesnt want to sign the BTO cancellation form. We have signed the agreement to lease but I'm willing to lose / pay back the deposit and grant. Anyone in this situation before?

Other side is not willing to replace my name with theirs.

TIA!!!

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call hdb

They will advise

Worst case I think will be Engage lawyer

vinz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other side is not willing to replace my name with theirs.

TIA!!!
if they have no one wanting to own the bto, why are u implying u are trying to force someone to take over?

Hdb will not suka suka let anyone take over the bto application.

Most cases they give up and forfeit some cpf/money.

If the other party doesn't want to sign to cancel the application, only hdb can help u on this, since as long as 1 applicant is out of the picture, the purchase is impossible to go ahead anymore isn't it?

Call the hdb officer in charge of your unit and get direct instructions from them.

Oliver Queen

Reaction score
Sorry, but your inference is incorrect - I am not implying a forced take-over. I merely anticipated that people will suggest replacing the names, as this is doable and have been done before - and opposing parties do not want to let go of the relationship, using the BTO as a "trump card".

I will call HDB on Monday, was just wondering (over the weekend) if anyone have been in the same boat before.

Thank you for the reply though!

vinz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good luck.

Guess when a relationship turns sour, there be some party who try their way to cause as much problem to the other party if they can.

Good luck, hope u sort it out soon.

Oliver Queen

Reaction score
Just called HDB.

As long as one party signs the cancellation form, HDB will proceed with the cancellation. HDB will Call the other party and notify him/her of the intended cancellation. If the other party doesn’t agree, HDB will suggest to replace the owner names with a family member.

In any case, cancellation of a BTO is possible with only one applicant’s signature.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.