ceiling fan for kitchen? anyone done it in your HDB?

Reaction score
a year ago, i decided to get a ceiling fan for my living room, it was one of the best decision i made for my home. friends commented on how lovely and cooling it was to chill in my house when the afternoon sun outside is terrible.

fast forward to today, i felt my kitchen is poorly ventilated (compared to my living room) if the weather is stuffy and my poor wife has to sweat it out in the kitchen to cook dinner for us. i thought a ceiling fan would be nice for the kitchen as well.

anyone installed a ceiling fan for your kitchen? any unforeseen problems arised? thanks.

Guinea Pig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Make sure the fan blade surface is easy to clean. Be prepared to clean it once every month due to the grease etc

cloverpark

Master Member
Reaction score
a year ago, i decided to get a ceiling fan for my living room, it was one of the best decision i made for my home. friends commented on how lovely and cooling it was to chill in my house when the afternoon sun outside is terrible.

fast forward to today, i felt my kitchen is poorly ventilated (compared to my living room) if the weather is stuffy and my poor wife has to sweat it out in the kitchen to cook dinner for us. i thought a ceiling fan would be nice for the kitchen as well.

anyone installed a ceiling fan for your kitchen? any unforeseen problems arised? thanks.

Good idea, is your kitchen very big? Perhaps a wall mounted KDK fan blowing towards the cooker and sink will be good enough?

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not just use a normal standing fan instead of ceiling fan?

Reaction score
Good idea, is your kitchen very big? Perhaps a wall mounted KDK fan blowing towards the cooker and sink will be good enough?

its quite small in my opinion, i stay at P@D so if you been there before it's a squarish kind of kitchen layout. i also thought about a wall mounted fan but i feel the wall mounted fan is more tedious to clean compared to the ceiling fan which I can just use wipes to clean the blades directly. Wall mount fan still need to open front cover and back cover and the blade itself to clean.

And soon, u might add one fan in the toilet..Pangsai time more cooling... :s13:

I AGREE. pangsai time can be quite hot as toilet got no ventilation after door is closed. but wil not happen la. toilet so small only. put a normal ceiling fan inside then the toilet paper and shampoo bottles all fly.

Why not just use a normal standing fan instead of ceiling fan?

currently i'm resorting to using a normal standing fan blowing in from from the living room when it's really humid. but that is not where my standing fan is usually placed, so after the cooking i have to move it back to its original place which is a tad troublesome.

i am thinking of installing the smallest ceiling fan that i can find so that it doesn't overwhelm the kitchen. i just need the ventilation to displace the heat but will it affect the cooking process or not, i haven't thought about it. my wife may decide its a bad idea afterall. so i'm just seeking advise here in case someone here has already done it.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get those desktop fan lor..When need then put on table top and blow, no need keep in shelter..

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does it matter whether HDB or not? my uncle's house got. landed but the kitchen not say v big type, maybe x2 of HDB kitchen. i never cooked there before, only stood around to eat lol. ya, the fan makes it more cooling cos the backyard kinda covered. didn't hear before got problems. it's those maybe 20cm blade kind. thought it was an awesome idea too.

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Ceiling fan accumulates dust fast, put in kitchen like not suitable. Later have extra ingredients in meals

infinity2014

Reaction score
KDK wall fan is suitable for all places except living and dinning areas ... remote control KDK/Panasonic is about SGD 145. i have installed 10 wall fans in a 5 room HDB flat ...

pigley

Reaction score

hahah my house do have one though! there's enough space because its a old flat that has a bigger kitchen. problems would be the grease stains as mentioned due to the cooking..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.