HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Changing of address at police post for BTO

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
Master Member

Changing of address at police post for BTO

lets say if i havent collected my keys yet can i change the address at the police post already? what documentation or proof will they require? for 2 weeks i will be staying put at a temp place but i dont want to change to the temp address.
Kaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

lets say if i havent collected my keys yet can i change the address at the police post already? what documentation or proof will they require? for 2 weeks i will be staying put at a temp place but i dont want to change to the temp address.
Police will need either the current water/electric bill of the new address or the internet bill of the new address for verification. Also, under your IRAS & CPF profile, should have that new address under your property.
Old 16-07-2017, 06:24 AM   #3

Just show them your iras property portfolio will be good enough usually.
MortgageSingapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #4
Master Member

but i havent collected my keys all the cpf/iras would still be under my current address. what abt hdb appointment letter to collect keys? can show the police that or not?

Old 16-07-2017, 11:12 PM   #5
Great Supremacy Member

I move in after a few months then go change my address...
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 01:19 AM   #6

If you use cpf to pay for the property, you can go to cpf site under 'my cpf withdrawal for properties'
It should reflect the address of the property.
Old 17-07-2017, 05:48 AM   #7
Master Member

we're doing lump sum payment, not using cpf. also not asking new owner to keep a look out of our letters because i dont trust them. guess worse come to worst will just change mailing address manually for the time being.
Old 17-07-2017, 06:03 AM   #8
Supremacy Member

we're doing lump sum payment, not using cpf. also not asking new owner to keep a look out of our letters because i dont trust them. guess worse come to worst will just change mailing address manually for the time being.
How are u going to receive ur mails if u haven't collect ur mail box key? Once address change, most govt dept will be updated automatically.
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 07:03 AM   #9
Master Member

Can try to submit an Online Pre-Notification of Change of Address?

Hope this link is useful.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=141
iphone1s likes this.
mrspiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 07:50 AM   #10

i think got this link also good.

If not our boys in blue jin bo eng,
Old 17-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #11
Master Member

thanks but they say the notification letter will be sent to the new address within 7 days so since i dont have the keys yet it wont help. mainly my situation is, im vacating my current place on the 25th july, then im going to stay with a relative. then 2 weeks later on the 11 aug i will collect my keys. i just dont want to change to my relative's address for the time being. but if i were to submit an address change only after i collect my keys then from now until the 11th aug if got letters how?
Old 17-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #12

thanks but they say the notification letter will be sent to the new address within 7 days so since i dont have the keys yet it wont help. mainly my situation is, im vacating my current place on the 25th july, then im going to stay with a relative. then 2 weeks later on the 11 aug i will collect my keys. i just dont want to change to my relative's address for the time being. but if i were to submit an address change only after i collect my keys then from now until the 11th aug if got letters how?
Have you tried asking SingPost to redirect your mail?
Chalkycliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

Are u on bad term with the seller?
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #14

Doubt so because TS said is a BTO so should be direct from hdb, is more of TS paranoid of having to rely on the new owner of his current property to retrieve the mail when he move off but yet to move in to the new BTO.
Old 18-07-2017, 12:23 AM   #15
Master Member

im the seller. i do not trust the buyer because they've been telling lies since day 1. we're not on bad terms but i just dont trust him.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.