HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

First timer to get Mature or Non Mature estate?

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #16
Master Member

BTO only AHG + SHG = $80K if combined monthly income $1500 or below.

Any other salary higher then $1.5k pls refer to the table at the website link below.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/res...mer-applicants
vinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 06:29 PM   #17

HDB is trying to curb ppl from profiting thus explained the high BTO price in mature areas (which means unlikely to have much profit). Advice is to choose the place u want to stay long term..
OahidY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 06:47 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Depends on what scheme u are applying .SINGLE can only lucky draw 2RM NON MATURE .
Why single cannot stay at mature estate ah?
LiteHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 06:51 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

i've been in this path, thought its not so much of a concern getting non matured and so went ahead and purchase as first timer.

after few yrs really cannot tahan and cant wait to get out, and sold it off close to MOP and shifted to matured estate.

location is really a big factor for u to consider.

consider carefully, if not to shift house is a headache.
Your first home is lacking in which area? Not near hawker centre? Not near mrt/ bus stops? Not near wet market?
Old 14-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thank you! I think non-mature estate is for people who can really tolerate inconvenience for a lower price. If you can hold on for like 15, 20 years for the estate to develop, the price would undoubtedly rise even more. But that's a really significant portion of your life living in inconvenience. I see most people selling off right after MOP like you..
Well, u can see it at another end of the pole. After 15 to 20 years, the mature estate will become even more developed with multiple storey wet market or shopping centre with cinema.
Old 14-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #21

Your first home is lacking in which area? Not near hawker centre? Not near mrt/ bus stops? Not near wet market?
The inputs below.

Sengkang probably same problems as Punggol...
who went through will know. i can share a few.

1 - headache on the bus service. bus always full as limited buses servicing many bto projects. my area at least above 10 bto projects.

2. amenities - nothing much was done to improve despite many btos still coming up. buying food, groceries need to que damn long as limited choices available.

3. some areas/blks is hard to find, wanna call cab or uber they have hard time finding.

4. one way in/out, those who drive everyday jam like siao.

Last edited by hyman; 14-11-2017 at 07:44 PM..
hyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 08:10 PM   #22
High Supremacy Member

btw my ex area is not sengkang punggol.

but alot of btos all clustered together, since keys started collecting from 2012, im the 3rd bto project, from then its non stop keys collection even now its still ongoing.. and many more still building.

hwaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #23

btw my ex area is not sengkang punggol.

but alot of btos all clustered together, since keys started collecting from 2012, im the 3rd bto project, from then its non stop keys collection even now its still ongoing.. and many more still building.

Officially, the non-matured estates are as below. Which one was yours?

Bukit Batok
Bukit Panjang
Choa Chu Kang
Hougang
Jurong East
Jurong West
Punggol
Sengkang
Sembawang
Woodlands
Yishun

Reference:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/5k132r/is_there_a_definitive_list_of_mature_and/

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu05p.nsf/0/17MAYSBF_page_7239/$file/about0.html
hyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 09:46 PM   #24

The inputs below.

Sengkang probably same problems as Punggol...
Matured or non matured is only important with regards to subsidies. Matured estate doesn't guarantee mean access to transportation nodes and non matured estate doesn't mean having poor amenities. We should look at the future potential of the project.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #25

Choose a place convenient to your lifestyle, example near where you work, your parents house if they need to help you look after kids.
OahidY likes this.
mssynice168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 10:03 PM   #26
High Supremacy Member

Matured or non matured is only important with regards to subsidies. Matured estate doesn't guarantee mean access to transportation nodes and non matured estate doesn't mean having poor amenities. We should look at the future potential of the project.
thats if u can wait and there's no gurantee. 5yrs from my key collection and only last few months then a brand new hawker center opened.

that's 5yrs, bus services still struggling, countless complains and nothing much improves.

Last edited by hwaa; 14-11-2017 at 10:09 PM..
Old 14-11-2017, 10:06 PM   #27
High Supremacy Member

Officially, the non-matured estates are as below. Which one was yours?

Bukit Batok
Bukit Panjang
Choa Chu Kang
Hougang
Jurong East
Jurong West
Punggol
Sengkang
Sembawang
Woodlands
Yishun

Reference:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/5k132r/is_there_a_definitive_list_of_mature_and/

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu05p.nsf/0/17MAYSBF_page_7239/$file/about0.html
yishun......

but its the part of yishun where all the cluster of btos is. other parts of yishun which is of older hdbs one is ok.

i grew up in yishun btw, but staying at the cluster of btos was really bad, especially buying food wise.
Old 15-11-2017, 02:27 AM   #28
j

thats if u can wait and there's no gurantee. 5yrs from my key collection and only last few months then a brand new hawker center opened.

that's 5yrs, bus services still struggling, countless complains and nothing much improves.
Wah, not bad. Pasir Ris 24 years then first Hawker Centre, not coffee shops ah, opening in the whole estate leh. LOL.
j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 07:11 AM   #29

Anyway still need to wait years due to Mop and 3 years for construction.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #30

those who went through will know. i can share a few.

1 - headache on the bus service. bus always full as limited buses servicing many bto projects. my area at least above 10 bto projects.

2. amenities - nothing much was done to improve despite many btos still coming up. buying food, groceries need to que damn long as limited choices available.

3. some areas/blks is hard to find, wanna call cab or uber they have hard time finding.

4. one way in/out, those who drive everyday jam like siao.
It sounds like one of the BTO zones in the North Eastern part of Singapore.

I agree to go for a matured estate due to much better convenience.

Despite claims of higher quality of living by the government to encourage couples to buy these non matured estates, the gap in terms of convenience of living is big. You get what you pay for.
andyhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.