HDB 2nd appt, reviewing of HLE

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, curious to know the procedure. I just received the 2nd review of HLE note. In the note, it says HDB will call me and wife up for a 2nd review of HLE in a few months time. My questions are:

1) What will happen here ?
2) Is this the time where HDB will wipe CPF ?
3) I intend to bring over some of my CPF investment over to my OA. A check with my agent and she say 2 weeks can settle. How much time do I have after they send letter out for 2nd HLE review and the actual appointment ?

Need advise. Thank you

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it is what i think it is then, it means your bto is going to be ready soon?

1) Apply for 2nd round of HLE using current documents to see how much HDB is willing to loan you before u take possession of the flat
2) Not yet, only when u sign the final agreement then they will wipe, compute the remainder flat amt after wiping then see if your HLE can cover, if cannot then cash top
3) Should be enough time to do so but take note that if you intend to do so then pray approved 2nd HLE amt is enough to cover the remainder after wiping O/A

spurman

Reaction score
A question here.
Say salary have increased more than the bto ceiling when the time for 2nd hle. Will they still allow us to take hdb loan?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A question here.
Say salary have increased more than the bto ceiling when the time for 2nd hle. Will they still allow us to take hdb loan?

BTO income ceiling is only for during application. Once u are eligible for that, increment after that doesnt play a part.

HLE is not based on BTO income ceiling in short.

I see no reason for them not to earn your interest..

alpc

Reaction score
2nd HLE usually happens around 6 months before you get your flat keys to ensure you are still able to finance your flat (and how much they are willing to give you as a loan).

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
If it is what i think it is then, it means your bto is going to be ready soon?

1) Apply for 2nd round of HLE using current documents to see how much HDB is willing to loan you before u take possession of the flat
2) Not yet, only when u sign the final agreement then they will wipe, compute the remainder flat amt after wiping then see if your HLE can cover, if cannot then cash top
3) Should be enough time to do so but take note that if you intend to do so then pray approved 2nd HLE amt is enough to cover the remainder after wiping O/A
Hi Gixxerfied, thanks for answering my question. For 3, "Pray approved 2nd HLE amt is enough to cover the remainder after wiping O/A".. Do you mean forking out cash upfront after wiping all OA and have remainder ?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Gixxerfied, thanks for answering my question. For 3, "Pray approved 2nd HLE amt is enough to cover the remainder after wiping O/A".. Do you mean forking out cash upfront after wiping all OA and have remainder ?

Yes, if HLE amt is not enough to covered the amt which you need to loan after wiping out O/A.

For example, 2nd round of HLE gives u a loan amt of $300k. Flat after deducting 10% downpayment(Left 90%) and then wipe your ur O/A left 310k means u must top up 10k in cash.

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, if HLE amt is not enough to covered the amt which you need to loan after wiping out O/A.

For example, 2nd round of HLE gives u a loan amt of $300k. Flat after deducting 10% downpayment(Left 90%) and then wipe your ur O/A left 310k means u must top up 10k in cash.
I see, this one is in my loop. My first appt HLE loan was S$314k. After some calculation, I need to achieve some figures so that I need have cash upfront.

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see, this one is in my loop. My first appt HLE loan was S$314k. After some calculation, I need to achieve some figures so that I need have cash upfront.

try not to park too much into your OA account just in case your HLE amt is lower bah..:o

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
try not to park too much into your OA account just in case your HLE amt is lower bah..:o
Hi Manga_Strike, I was wondering how to hit that correct amount to transfer from my investment account to OA account. Here's is my scenario:

To comfortably not to fork out any cash upfront, I need to let HDB wipe out S$80k. But this figure is what I calculated. It might be different from the HLE figures. So, the thing here is timing. If I can get the right figures from the HLE, and then transfer the right amount from investment to OA, then everything will be good.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.