Info on Grants/Subsidies Available For First Timer

tomleo16

Reaction score
The amount of housing loan that can be granted will depend on the buyers’ age and monthly income.*If you are buying an uncompleted flat directly from HDB,*your loan eligibility will be subject to reassessment at the time of flat completion before the loan is disbursed.*

Based on the above?if i buy a BTO which is ready in 5 years and me and my wife have a current combined income of 7.8k and then 5 years later they re-evaluate it and our combined income become like 8.5K?Do we get rejected?

maliatan

Reaction score
sticky situation

Hey guys,

I have a situation here which I can't really work out and I was just wondering if anyone could give some advice.

My bf lives in a landed property (not under his name) but I live in a HDB flat.
Qns: Are we eligible to apply for a HDB? and if eligible, are there differences in terms of grant

If the 8k income ceiling is reached,
Qns: what are our options with government housing? Is hdb executive condo the only option left?

My parents are divorced and my current flat is under my mom's name. I read somewhere divorcees are allowed to allow for another flat?
Qns: am I allowed to apply for a flat with my mom ?

thank you guys!

SmallIsland

Reaction score
please update.. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatFamilyGrant?OpenDocument

First timer grant can be applied for when purchasing NEW FLATS from DBSS. Please do not mislead others
Did you read the Threadstarter 1st message in this thread?

The TS was asking about resale flat, not NEW FLATS isn't it?

And for most pax here who post to ask qns, we are actually asking about Resale Flat Or NEW FLATS which are the normal BTO kind, and not the DBSS or ECs.

Kudos to the compilation done by the few kind souls.

Thumbs down to typical sinkaporean who basically just love to complain and not give compliment.

ohe007

Reaction score
AHG AHG AHG

there isn't any rule stated that you have to work continuously 1 year in order to apply for a BTO flat.
The only thing that affects is that if you are elligible for AHG, u have to produce your past 1 year CPF statements. Part-time employment is put into consideration as well.
For my case, bf and i working continuously for 2 years. he full time i part time. we still got the flat and grant though :)

Hi, i want to enquire regarding AHG for BTO where my gf only work for 6mths and i'm still studying. under the AHG scheme, mean that i didn't qualified for the scheme. it like not fair for us as we don't have much income and there is no grant for us. Is there any way that i can appeal to MP or HDB regarding this for the grant? As the grant is very important for us.

sugarkittyx

Master Member
Reaction score
can I apply for HLE when both me and my fiance are students with 0 income? we are graduating in 1 year's time.
We just want our flat asap and the current BTO location is near my sister/father's place :(

p00p00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i want to enquire regarding AHG for BTO where my gf only work for 6mths and i'm still studying. under the AHG scheme, mean that i didn't qualified for the scheme. it like not fair for us as we don't have much income and there is no grant for us. Is there any way that i can appeal to MP or HDB regarding this for the grant? As the grant is very important for us.

to be eligible for AHG, You or your co-applicant(s) must be in continuous employment for one year before the flat application.

Under ''Ëmployment Status''
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyResaleFlatCPFGrantAHG?OpenDocument#Who

Also, u need to be in your current job for at least 3 months to be granted a HLE.

if its not fair to you, how about those in their 30s with children trying to start a family and they have to compete with young people like you without income or job :s22:

can I apply for HLE when both me and my fiance are students with 0 income? we are graduating in 1 year's time.
We just want our flat asap and the current BTO location is near my sister/father's place :(

erm, unfortunately no :(

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First timer applying EC can get cpf housing grant. At the time of booking I was told to apply for cpf housing grant. But later I learn that first timer can also get additional housing grant if salary below 5k? Does AHG applies to EC as well?

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
err ok sorry guys bear with me not sure if they are repeated

1) salary ceiling of 10k /8k is annual/12 or annual/13 de?
2) if couple exceed 10k, may i know if can apply for parent promixity grant? or is it simisai grant oso cannot?
3) is it true that only options for > 10k is resale or condo (new or resale no diff)? no other grant oso right (other than 2)?
4) theres an extended family ceiling of 12k , but that one how does it work ah? do the parents need to give up existing residence?

thanks a lot !

frozened

Reaction score
err ok sorry guys bear with me not sure if they are repeated

1) salary ceiling of 10k /8k is annual/12 or annual/13 de?
2) if couple exceed 10k, may i know if can apply for parent promixity grant? or is it simisai grant oso cannot?
3) is it true that only options for > 10k is resale or condo (new or resale no diff)? no other grant oso right (other than 2)?
4) theres an extended family ceiling of 12k , but that one how does it work ah? do the parents need to give up existing residence?

thanks a lot !

if im not wrong according to my understanding.

1) Combined salary per month.
2) exceed 10k no grant.
3) resale,condo,landed,dbss if u within the sandwich group above 8k below 10k. (only bank loan available.)
4) yes parents need to give up existing residence. (if their names are in the current residence.)

Horace Bin

Master Member
Reaction score
Just checking with the experts here, let's say I am a freelance photographer, I submit and pay my income taxes as usual etc but did not contribute to CPF as I chose not to,

So do I get to enjoy the CPF housing grants as a self-employed when I buy a BTO or resale flat?

ning87

Reaction score
The amount of housing loan that can be granted will depend on the buyers’ age and monthly income.*If you are buying an uncompleted flat directly from HDB,*your loan eligibility will be subject to reassessment at the time of flat completion before the loan is disbursed.*

Based on the above?if i buy a BTO which is ready in 5 years and me and my wife have a current combined income of 7.8k and then 5 years later they re-evaluate it and our combined income become like 8.5K?Do we get rejected?

wont get rejected.

just maybe the loan might be a different issue.. either maybe got to take a bank loan at a higher interest lor.

CrazyBlue

Reaction score
Another sticky (or maybe not so sticky) situation. I've already selected my ancilla 5 room last wednesday, now pending HLE and AHG documentation within 2 weeks.

Here's my big question regarding the additional housing grant (which i intend to ask a HDB officer asap):

circumstances is as follows:

we qualify for AHG, my girl has been working for 2 years now.
as for me, I'm just graduating from university and thus declared myself as student/unemployed.

for whatever reason, there's a meagre amount of $200+ in my CPF coming from my industrial attachment (compulsory internship) in Jan 2010 ending in Aug 2010. The preceding HDB officer then asked for documentation regarding the CPF contribution etc (which I didn't keep record of, the pitiful sum that it is).

Well, the thing is, by including any meagre amount of "allowance" as gross salary, the combined average monthly income will exceed $4000 surely.

My question:
Does HDB care what sort of employment is it? Any differentiating factor between "allowance" and "salary"? If no, and HDB does include my meagre intern pay into the overall gross income, is there anyway to circumvent this, eg, talk to MP? The $5000 difference between $10000 and $15000 is a huge amount that can be used to offset the first 5% downpayment, as I'm currently in the phase of graduating and finding a job, which i have not, is substantial!

Any advice, TIA!

mavicaste

Reaction score
Another sticky (or maybe not so sticky) situation. I've already selected my ancilla 5 room last wednesday, now pending HLE and AHG documentation within 2 weeks.

Here's my big question regarding the additional housing grant (which i intend to ask a HDB officer asap):

circumstances is as follows:

we qualify for AHG, my girl has been working for 2 years now.
as for me, I'm just graduating from university and thus declared myself as student/unemployed.

for whatever reason, there's a meagre amount of $200+ in my CPF coming from my industrial attachment (compulsory internship) in Jan 2010 ending in Aug 2010. The preceding HDB officer then asked for documentation regarding the CPF contribution etc (which I didn't keep record of, the pitiful sum that it is).

Well, the thing is, by including any meagre amount of "allowance" as gross salary, the combined average monthly income will exceed $4000 surely.

My question:
Does HDB care what sort of employment is it? Any differentiating factor between "allowance" and "salary"? If no, and HDB does include my meagre intern pay into the overall gross income, is there anyway to circumvent this, eg, talk to MP? The $5000 difference between $10000 and $15000 is a huge amount that can be used to offset the first 5% downpayment, as I'm currently in the phase of graduating and finding a job, which i have not, is substantial!

Any advice, TIA!
In your case, the consideration period for your AHG application is between March 2010 to February 2011?

I am quite certain the allowance will be included in the consideration as there are records of CPF contribution during your internship period. My only advice is to call up the officer handling your application to clarify this before deciding on any other action.

On a side note, who is your MP?

KopRulez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey experts, require your advise on the below.

A cousin of mine wish to sell his 5 rm HDB while waiting for his BTO in the next couple of years. I understand that he has taken the HDB grant before. With all these recent HDB rules, does he need to repay the grant in cash to CPF, on top of the 50% cash profits towards the financing of his BTO?

What is he intends to take a bank loan instead? He can keep the cash proceeds while only pay the 10% cash downpayment?

I understand that the old ruling got this downgrading levy thingy, does it applies to my cousin as well?

CrazyBlue

Reaction score
In your case, the consideration period for your AHG application is between March 2010 to February 2011?

I am quite certain the allowance will be included in the consideration as there are records of CPF contribution during your internship period. My only advice is to call up the officer handling your application to clarify this before deciding on any other action.

On a side note, who is your MP?

Thanks!

well the officer wasn't sure either as she said she wasn't from the loan department.

Anyway, I'm in under AMK GRC, not too sure who's in charge of my sector though :s13:

rockboi84

Reaction score
Some Questions, need experts to help.

1) Can i say the only grant BTO can get is the AHG ?

2) The Family Housing Grant (live near parents) is only for resale flats ?

3) Under sale of balance flat, will those repurchased flats from hdb qualify for both Family housing Grant and AHG ?

4) I have been working freelance for the last year till now and file my income tax for the year assessment 2011 (which is 2010 total income) but i have yet to receive my income tax from IRAS which is still processing. That will be the only income proof i can provided for the application of AHG and HLE.

Will it affect the total grant i can get from AHG ? Will they consider my income source to be invalid as i am freelance and no document to proof ?
If they consider my income to be invalid, can i say that we (me and my gf) will be getting a higher amount of AHG based only on her income.

Last edited:

lanzhu60

Reaction score
resales with foreign spouse

hi, for resales flat with foreign spouse, got some queries below,

1)for resales, how many percent downpayment and hw much in cash and cpf?
2)wat grant is available for this situation
3)for cov, only payable in cash,so will this cov be consider inside the downpayment?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.