March BTO 2012

Like Tree104Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #1966
Arch-Supremacy Member

Humanitarian trip? hmmmm.....

heard from "rumor" market, highly chance its true, that HDB will only look for contractor to build after the selection date. Lets hope they dont rush due to the date and made inferior job.
thats the contractors' work alrdy... hopefully it will be fast la... inferior or not cannot stop. the contractors contracted has to deliver it on the 18th mth upon groundbreaking. my fren used to be in the construction industry shared this w me.

i hope can get it earlier actually
Old 22-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #1967

thats the contractors' work alrdy... hopefully it will be fast la... inferior or not cannot stop. the contractors contracted has to deliver it on the 18th mth upon groundbreaking. my fren used to be in the construction industry shared this w me.

i hope can get it earlier actually

18months? So, let said the groundbreaking and firming it takes around 6-8mths (will it be this long? as the foundation need to be stable), they have to build the top around 1.5yrs? Can be that fast?

If yes, than in total about slightly over 2yrs. After few months for doing up the interior, will be less than 3yrs we may get the key?
iceychie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #1968
Master Member

Clementi Ridges owners and potential owners, stand by k.. i'm creating a new forum, so that we can do more targeted discussion over there.
Will be waiting for it and will ask those in the FB to join as well..
Limestone likes this.
Old 22-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #1969
Arch-Supremacy Member

18months? So, let said the groundbreaking and firming it takes around 6-8mths (will it be this long? as the foundation need to be stable), they have to build the top around 1.5yrs? Can be that fast?

If yes, than in total about slightly over 2yrs. After few months for doing up the interior, will be less than 3yrs we may get the key?
nope, groundbreak means the time they whack into the ground... means day 1. thereafter u just add 18mths. roughly on the 20-22th mth, you will most probably get your key.

the time frame they give you is 24mths. reno will be the day when u sign w your designer or the day u get your key. reno im not sure how long, i assume it to be abt 3-5mths?

if u taking AHG, u gotta submit your marriage cert within 6mths u take key, otherwise is 12mths thereafter. but this 1 can flexible la
Old 22-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #1970

nope, groundbreak means the time they whack into the ground... means day 1. thereafter u just add 18mths. roughly on the 20-22th mth, you will most probably get your key.

the time frame they give you is 24mths. reno will be the day when u sign w your designer or the day u get your key. reno im not sure how long, i assume it to be abt 3-5mths?

if u taking AHG, u gotta submit your marriage cert within 6mths u take key, otherwise is 12mths thereafter. but this 1 can flexible la

Oh!! if its from day 1, its fast for 1.5yrs to build the whole place. But, I know the foundation will take longer and thereafter quite fast. I happened to witness the building of NLB at Bugis abt 10yrs ago. Its fast after the ground foundation to be up into the sky. But there's only 1 bldg, few blocks that fast? hmmm..

The "renov" referring to is the their putting up the tiles for us inside the unit... basically each day will take about 1-2 days (exclude the waiting for the water-proof stuff to dry) for each unit.... hmmm.... should be quite fast on that...

today 2nd day selection, so far, no more movement at blk 18D. But only 3 out of 7 selection shown on web. Slow moving upload today.
Old 22-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #1971
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh!! if its from day 1, its fast for 1.5yrs to build the whole place. But, I know the foundation will take longer and thereafter quite fast. I happened to witness the building of NLB at Bugis abt 10yrs ago. Its fast after the ground foundation to be up into the sky. But there's only 1 bldg, few blocks that fast? hmmm..

The "renov" referring to is the their putting up the tiles for us inside the unit... basically each day will take about 1-2 days (exclude the waiting for the water-proof stuff to dry) for each unit.... hmmm.... should be quite fast on that...

today 2nd day selection, so far, no more movement at blk 18D. But only 3 out of 7 selection shown on web. Slow moving upload today.
good to hear no movement on 18d

im not sure of the laying of tiles n door in the units. should b packaged tgt btw hdb n the contractors... will u b taking the tiles n doors?

there're fast coz if late, they have to compensate hdb n in turn hdb to us

maybe everyone waiting for the may boon keng bto

Last edited by bob83hello; 22-05-2012 at 05:23 PM..
bob83hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #1972

good to hear no movement on 18d

im not sure of the laying of tiles n door in the units. should b packaged tgt btw hdb n the contractors... will u b taking the tiles n doors?

there're fast coz if late, they have to compensate hdb n in turn hdb to us

maybe everyone waiting for the may boon keng bto

The kitchen and bathroom/toilet tiles have to take, cannot opt out. But the rest, ie bedroom and living room, I'm not taking, doors too. The door on display is open outwards n semi-timber type, I find the sliding door will be more suitable for toilet/bathroom, thus, I'm not taking too.

If they fast and do not good job, also no use, we will still complain to HDB meh. Do you know within how long is the "warranty" for the unit after we occupy it? Just in case, something crack or whatever, we can charged back to HDB haha..

Gee... latest news. 1 unit at Blk 18D taken up. So now, its lvl 8, 12, 16 to 19 of unit 228 occupied. Is your 2nd choice taken up too?

Last edited by iceychie; 22-05-2012 at 06:13 PM..
Old 23-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #1973
Arch-Supremacy Member

The kitchen and bathroom/toilet tiles have to take, cannot opt out. But the rest, ie bedroom and living room, I'm not taking, doors too. The door on display is open outwards n semi-timber type, I find the sliding door will be more suitable for toilet/bathroom, thus, I'm not taking too.

If they fast and do not good job, also no use, we will still complain to HDB meh. Do you know within how long is the "warranty" for the unit after we occupy it? Just in case, something crack or whatever, we can charged back to HDB haha..

Gee... latest news. 1 unit at Blk 18D taken up. So now, its lvl 8, 12, 16 to 19 of unit 228 occupied. Is your 2nd choice taken up too?
im not sure how long to complain but its proli futile since its big bro HDB we r talking abt which equates to the garment?

i will opt out of the doors since timbre doors for toilet is q

i will opt in for the tiles to save the trouble and more costs during the actual reno ba... i have heard tt the standard is degraded over the years and many ppl r opting out but i will proli give it to them for the tiling due to my personal views...

i rem if it cracks like wall and floor, u can actually call hdb office and ask them to inspect. its q bad if it really cracks on u...

i dont really like the window design... hope the design helps ventilation...

yup sliding doors r more compact for the toilets and kitchen... if u dont cook, maybe not need door for kitchen?
Old 23-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #1974

im not sure how long to complain but its proli futile since its big bro HDB we r talking abt which equates to the garment?

i will opt out of the doors since timbre doors for toilet is q

i will opt in for the tiles to save the trouble and more costs during the actual reno ba... i have heard tt the standard is degraded over the years and many ppl r opting out but i will proli give it to them for the tiling due to my personal views...

i rem if it cracks like wall and floor, u can actually call hdb office and ask them to inspect. its q bad if it really cracks on u...

i dont really like the window design... hope the design helps ventilation...

yup sliding doors r more compact for the toilets and kitchen... if u dont cook, maybe not need door for kitchen?

From my pt of view, the quality of the tiles not degraded, its actually the workmanship of the contractor. Thus, I'm thinking of finding own contractor (thou intro mayb) and ad-hoc supervise on the quality of their workmanship. Because they have to rush the construction, they may not do good work on the tiles mayb.

Quite a no. of ppl comment on the 3 slide window panels. Its not nice thou, but think alternatively, since there will not have window along the corridor like old HDB flat in the 60s up till those build in the 2000, the only ventilation will be thou the bedrooms/utility windows. In the past when it rains, we will close all back windows and the windows/doors along corridor will be open wider. Thus, mayb with the 3 window panel, at least we can have some air coming in since its open upwards and not out or sidwards (for sliding windows).

Nope, like no doors for kitchen, only for toilet/bathroom. Save of space since look so cramp from the showflat
Old 23-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #1975
Arch-Supremacy Member

From my pt of view, the quality of the tiles not degraded, its actually the workmanship of the contractor. Thus, I'm thinking of finding own contractor (thou intro mayb) and ad-hoc supervise on the quality of their workmanship. Because they have to rush the construction, they may not do good work on the tiles mayb.

Quite a no. of ppl comment on the 3 slide window panels. Its not nice thou, but think alternatively, since there will not have window along the corridor like old HDB flat in the 60s up till those build in the 2000, the only ventilation will be thou the bedrooms/utility windows. In the past when it rains, we will close all back windows and the windows/doors along corridor will be open wider. Thus, mayb with the 3 window panel, at least we can have some air coming in since its open upwards and not out or sidwards (for sliding windows).

Nope, like no doors for kitchen, only for toilet/bathroom. Save of space since look so cramp from the showflat
a sigh of relief tt the quality nv go down...

but like u say, we cant monitor but well, when the contractor tt we engage is doing the work, we cant always be there to see also... so its best we get good contractors, possible thru strong recommendation by many is the best, but well, it will tend to be pricey since they r strongly recommended.

reno is gonna be another huge costs aft the house which if possible, i wanna keep it low... opting in tiling will help factor that away. yea, 3-room is cramp... but most houses these days r like SMALL! we r becoming more n more like HKG liao... haiz~

even u close the windows, the rain will splatter in despite it being downwards... but well, no window in the corridors, thats the only thing we can look for since it will splatter less due to the downward design ba

currently, im looking at the aircon costs, beds, kitchen cabinet and wardrobe costings. looking at it, kitchen cabinet will make the bulk for now...
Old 23-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #1976

New forum for Clementi Ridges Owners!

Hi all!

I'm happy to announce that the new forum is up and ready to roll out for all to use!

The CREO Community Forum is a place for all Clementi Ridges Estate Owners/Occupiers to talk more specifically about our new home!

The CREO Community Forum - Click here!
Limestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #1977

a sigh of relief tt the quality nv go down...

but like u say, we cant monitor but well, when the contractor tt we engage is doing the work, we cant always be there to see also... so its best we get good contractors, possible thru strong recommendation by many is the best, but well, it will tend to be pricey since they r strongly recommended.

reno is gonna be another huge costs aft the house which if possible, i wanna keep it low... opting in tiling will help factor that away. yea, 3-room is cramp... but most houses these days r like SMALL! we r becoming more n more like HKG liao... haiz~

even u close the windows, the rain will splatter in despite it being downwards... but well, no window in the corridors, thats the only thing we can look for since it will splatter less due to the downward design ba

currently, im looking at the aircon costs, beds, kitchen cabinet and wardrobe costings. looking at it, kitchen cabinet will make the bulk for now...

I'm not really sure on the tiles quality lar, just my opinion as ceramic tile are supposed to be good for kitchen and toilet/bathroom. But also see from which country produce? haha....

You so fast look at the furniture and fixtures costs? You have to add certain % for 3 yrs inflation for the pricing stated now....But, not dont say you lar, me also looking at what's the renov cost now so that I could judge how much I have to save somemore.. haiz... really costly for a house. Huge investment.

But no matter how basic, still need minimum about $20k on the kitchen cabinet, wiring pulling and painting. My colleague's mother revamp her kitchen last year, it costs about $40k. Of cos, this include dismantling existing cabinet. So, just a judge on how much and how far you want to do up your kitchen.
Old 23-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #1978
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm not really sure on the tiles quality lar, just my opinion as ceramic tile are supposed to be good for kitchen and toilet/bathroom. But also see from which country produce? haha....

You so fast look at the furniture and fixtures costs? You have to add certain % for 3 yrs inflation for the pricing stated now....But, not dont say you lar, me also looking at what's the renov cost now so that I could judge how much I have to save somemore.. haiz... really costly for a house. Huge investment.

But no matter how basic, still need minimum about $20k on the kitchen cabinet, wiring pulling and painting. My colleague's mother revamp her kitchen last year, it costs about $40k. Of cos, this include dismantling existing cabinet. So, just a judge on how much and how far you want to do up your kitchen.
kiasu abit no harm ba....

40k!!!!!!!!!

im looking abt btw 20-30k for total renovation... not v willing to fork out too much also coz it translate to greater burden despite there're reno loans available tho... i may not have alot of kitchen cabinet since my partner cant cook and doesnt place much prioirty on it too...

everything is really alot of money here n there... zzz
Old 23-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #1979

Will be waiting for it and will ask those in the FB to join as well..
Hi bro:
it's up =)

The CREO Community Forum - Click here!
Limestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #1980

kiasu abit no harm ba....

40k!!!!!!!!!

im looking abt btw 20-30k for total renovation... not v willing to fork out too much also coz it translate to greater burden despite there're reno loans available tho... i may not have alot of kitchen cabinet since my partner cant cook and doesnt place much prioirty on it too...

everything is really alot of money here n there... zzz
Yup, me too. I dont intend to have cabinet on top (ie against the wall install), only the bottom. Simple basic. My parents still cook sometimes, but I'm going to restrict cooking.. haha... Lazy to clean up after cooking. Baking stuff in future mayhap.

See if we still converse here in 2-3yrs down the road and got a unit in M.R., if possible, can share contractor, than maybe can ask for discount since our requirements are simple and basic.. haha.... chop the contractor profit down down down......

BTW, just fyi. 3 room selection will be every Tue and Thur in May, only from Jun to Jul will be daily Mon-Fri. 5/day for May-Jun, Jul will increases to 10. But, both of our appointment dd in Jun, so no need to bother Jul liao...
So, if you are checking with your partner over wkend, you may find the no. of selection low in May.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.