May BTO 2012

Artie

Reaction score
i didnt turn up for appt on 27 Sept

does it mean i cant apply flat for next one year?
If this is your first time that you didn't turn up for the selection. You will still have 1 more chance to do so.

Every first timer have up to 2 chances to reject the selection before they are downgrade to 2nd timer for 1 year.

Nayla981198

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm confused about something:

1)When we want to collect our keys, we were asked to pay another 5%. There will be a reassessment of our HLE also. At this period, they will wipe out both of our cpf, right? So here's the question, when they wipe out our cpf, will the cpf be used to help us pay the 5% or do we need to pay our 5% in cash?

2)What happen if we were to back out after we sign our lease of agreement?

3)Let say, we apply our HLE during our unit selection and it expired 3 months later. We will need to apply another HLE when we collect our keys, right? So there will be only two application of HLE?

4)Monthly installment: If that month I afford to pay for the next month also, can I do so? So, I'm paying two months worth of loan.

Hope you understand my questions. I'm a noob. :s11: TIA!!

wdblazer

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm confused about something:

1)When we want to collect our keys, we were asked to pay another 5%. There will be a reassessment of our HLE also. At this period, they will wipe out both of our cpf, right? So here's the question, when they wipe out our cpf, will the cpf be used to help us pay the 5% or do we need to pay our 5% in cash?

2)What happen if we were to back out after we sign our lease of agreement?

3)Let say, we apply our HLE during our unit selection and it expired 3 months later. We will need to apply another HLE when we collect our keys, right? So there will be only two application of HLE?

4)Monthly installment: If that month I afford to pay for the next month also, can I do so? So, I'm paying two months worth of loan.

Hope you understand my questions. I'm a noob. :s11: TIA!!

1 - If the remaining CPF in your account is enough, it will clear the 5% first before deducting off from the remaining amount. Otherwise you have to come up with cash to finish paying off the 5%.

2. You lose the 5% deposit.

3.Yes, first one is to assess that you are able to borrow the amount to buy the flat so you can sign the agreement. The second one is more for the actual borrowing.

4. Why not, clear the loan faster.

Nayla981198

Reaction score
1 - If the remaining CPF in your account is enough, it will clear the 5% first before deducting off from the remaining amount. Otherwise you have to come up with cash to finish paying off the 5%.

2. You lose the 5% deposit.

3.Yes, first one is to assess that you are able to borrow the amount to buy the flat so you can sign the agreement. The second one is more for the actual borrowing.

4. Why not, clear the loan faster.

Thank you for clearing my doubts!! THANKS!! *phew*

techielim

Reaction score
Thank you for clearing my doubts!! THANKS!! *phew*

Let's say if you have money to pay for 2mths, ur next mth will still be charged to u. E more u pay e more u reduce ur loan interest. Is best u don wipe out all cent in ur CPF at least in case u don hv any CPF contribution there is still money in it to deduct over a period. Normally u can wipe out ur CPF every once a yr or when u hv a sum in ur CPF. Than start e process again of saving n than wipe out. Everytime u pay more ur loan is recalculated n u pay lesser.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah, just before the cpf wipe out ur cpf,. take out 1 year worth of your hdb installment worth of cpf and put it into a bond fund unit trust. in case of job lost or retrenchment, u can liquidate the ut and put back into cpf. dun buy equity funds, buy singapore bond funds which shld give u 2-3% returns to match hdb 2.6% interest.

economy are expected to turned for the worst soon. bond funds may rise and give 3-5% pa during recession.

LIONGLOBAL SPORE FIXED INC-A
PINEBRIDGE SINGAPORE BOND FUND

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can I just ask, for those who applied for AHG grant, have you signed your lease agreement yet? Or how long does it take for applicants who apply for AHG grant to sign the lease agreement so that I can have a rough idea of the buffer time. Thank u.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so bro wat theme are you interested in for your future home?

i aiming for polished concrete and white/pearl wall. abit retro like when in 70/80s. spartan and simple. the mbr is my missy territory so is her call. my study room will be happy and bright colour with yellow more of my theme.

furniture will be spartan with minimal approach for cost savings.

as i didnt opt for ocs, i will asked the hdb to do the foc screeding and i get contractor to polished the living room concrete floor for me maybe get chemical washinf to add colors to the concrete. will look like marble when done well and no gaps looks.

Last edited:

ahzai66

Reaction score
i aiming for polished concrete and white/pearl wall. abit retro like when in 70/80s. spartan and simple. the mbr is my missy territory so is her call. my study room will be happy and bright colour with yellow more of my theme.

as i didnt opt for ocs, i will asked the hdb to do the foc screeding and i get contractor to polished the living room for me.

oic... hhmm... i also didn't opt for ocs... so should i asked to hdb to do the screeding too?

gladiusgg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

as i didnt opt for ocs, i will asked the hdb to do the foc screeding and i get contractor to polished the living room for me.

Hey bro. Im also interested in polished concrete. What is this foc screeding? How to request for it?

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
call hdb i think. they will arrange someone to do the screeding foc. from what i read from other forum. getting contractor to do add 2k to ur bill.

farmer71

Reaction score
ic... so when do we need to tell hdb about this?
During collection of your key. HDB will give you a few weeks to complaint any defect in your flat. It is during this time where you can ask for it. As
it is FOC. the floor finishing tend to be uneven.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats where if you traet the worker nice and buy them some goodies they will do a good job for you.

ahzai66

Reaction score
During collection of your key. HDB will give you a few weeks to complaint any defect in your flat. It is during this time where you can ask for it. As
it is FOC. the floor finishing tend to be uneven.

ic... thanks for the info bro

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no need hopefully, if they do a lousy job, u can asked them to redo. the worker who did it earlier will kana F by the contractor. just that if you treat him nicer, the chances of him working better is higher.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.