HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Moi Simpur s$27k Renovation Journey

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2017, 12:25 PM   #121
Supremacy Member

Thanks for directing me here deo, your place looks so nice and cozy! I like the sleek glass look in your living room and bedroom.

Hope you won't mind if I take some design pointers from you, will show hubby and see what he thinks.

Can't imagine yours is only 27k leh. I feel like you did way more things than what we plan to do lor. Really don't know if tio tok anot.
denial86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 08:46 AM   #122

Your house looks great!
shawngoh232323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #123

your house looks great, considering your ID.
shawngoh232323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 01:41 PM   #124

Can you please PM me the contact of your ID? Thanks
Gcms88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #125

Can PM me YOUR ID?
jackycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:09 PM   #126
Supremacy Member

Can PM me YOUR ID?
Hi, it's oakthree studios. Jackie was the ID that did up my place.

https://www.facebook.com/OakthreeStudios/

Pls check post #112 (previous page) for review.

deodorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #127

Can pm your id
Joanne10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 09:55 PM   #128

Hello may i know which ID and which renovation company as I am looking for one urgently. Thanks
daaabubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 09:11 AM   #129
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello may i know which ID and which renovation company as I am looking for one urgently. Thanks
TS already shared on two posts above yours...
Lemon Porter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 09:51 AM   #130

Electrical works will count together with Id works as reno costs.

The price isn't low. But for the design you get, it might be worth it for you.
Zetrio2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 04:04 PM   #131
Supremacy Member

ID: Carpentry & Project Management: s$27,878
- 6ft TV console+feature wall
- 10ft full height storage cabinet in living room
- 6ft bomb shelter mirror door
- 8ft platform bed, full height feature wall and 2x bedside tables in master bedroom
- 6ft full height table and cabinets in study room
- false ceilings in living/dining and master bedroom
- paint whole house, re-varnish 2br+study parquet
- cleaning, project management, haulage, etc.

Fixtures: Lights & Fans: s$5,094

Electrical Works: s$2,650

Curtains and Blinds: s$2,949
- Living room: day curtains only
- Both bedrooms: day & night curtains
- Study: roller blinds
- Balcony and Yard: outdoor roller blinds

Electronics & Appliances: s$9,036
- TV, Fridge, Washer/Dryer, Dyson v8 vacuum, Onkyo Sounds System, Roku, Kevo Smart Lock, Router and Home NAS (synology)

Furniture & Furnishings: s$13,296
- Mattress, Sofa, Dining Table+Chairs, Bomb Shelter Rack, Shoe Bench, Outdoor furniture (balcony + yard),

Miscellaneous Stuff: s$1,336
ID: Carpentry & Project Management: S$27,878

Readers may want to take note flooring/tiles costs and kitchen carpentry are not calculated in total renovation costs as as the resale condo that thread starter bought is as good as new with flooring and kitchen done up already.

If add in flooring/tiles I estimate another S$5000 minimum as these days pre-packed cement is very expensive which I find is a stupid law. It jacks up costs by a lot.

Kitchen carpentry another S$3000 minimum.

So remember to factor in flooring/tiles and hacking (if any) costs if you are doing a full overhaul renovation for a resale property.

As you can see the killer costs are related to carpentry and flooring. Money spinners for contractors/IDs. Sorry to picha lobang here. If want to cut costs sure can but have to manage the project yourself (become worksite Bangla supervisor ) and eliminate carpentry work. Use IKEA and ready made furnishing. Flooring use Bangla coordinator. Legally of course.

Most importantly invest in a good power drill if you are a DIY man.

~ Provided margin is sufficient if no stop loss.

Last edited by Mr.Canberra; 14-01-2018 at 04:19 PM..
Mr.Canberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #132

was recommended by a friend to meet up with her but personal experience with fiancée was terrible with this ID. Go ahead if you want to face off with her snobbish attitude and way off our budget quotation.

basically we both felt like we wasted my time to even go down to her office and talk to her. got more trustworthy IDs out there, do more research before committing.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #133

was recommended by a friend to meet up with her but personal experience with fiancée was terrible with this ID. Go ahead if you want to face off with her snobbish attitude and way off our budget quotation.

basically we both felt like we wasted my time to even go down to her office and talk to her. got more trustworthy IDs out there, do more research before committing.
I got my fair share of unpleasant experience with one of their ID. This ID typical charged 20% to 30% more than what is quoted. You will expect they will provide better service than other IDs. Got promised to do FOC shelving but after contract sign, she retract promise and claim i had to pay the work in full. If the ID promise u and that before u sign, make sure it is stated clearly in black and white in the contract, and this is my mistake.

My house also had a slightly higher height (like 3%) and the ID die die make me to pay the adjusted height.

Dont be tempted by the pix they draw, because it is just 3D drawings. There are much better and affordable ID out there.

Last edited by jouhyo; 14-01-2018 at 09:48 PM..
jouhyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM   #134

wow ... looking good, hope all works out for your family!

kindly pm the contractor and id please. helping my sister source for reno and this company looks good
Tparku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #135
Supremacy Member

As you can see the killer costs are related to carpentry and flooring. Money spinners for contractors/IDs. Sorry to picha lobang here. If want to cut costs sure can but have to manage the project yourself (become worksite Bangla supervisor ) and eliminate carpentry work. Use IKEA and ready made furnishing. Flooring use Bangla coordinator. Legally of course.
Yah, at the end of the day home owners have to decide how hands on they want to be. If don't have the time / know how / knowledge to ownself supervise then need to pay the $$$$$$ to ID's/contractors to do it for them ba. For me I drill feature wall to mount own TV also can measure and drill wrongly, so it's not prudent to do anything else on my own

I got my fair share of unpleasant experience with one of their ID. This ID typical charged 20% to 30% more than what is quoted. You will expect they will provide better service than other IDs. Got promised to do FOC shelving but after contract sign, she retract promise and claim i had to pay the work in full. If the ID promise u and that before u sign, make sure it is stated clearly in black and white in the contract, and this is my mistake.

My house also had a slightly higher height (like 3%) and the ID die die make me to pay the adjusted height.

Dont be tempted by the pix they draw, because it is just 3D drawings. There are much better and affordable ID out there.
Thanks for the comments, I think it's fair for readers of this thread to get more opinions / reviews as part of their own due diligence.

After a year of following reno reports and etc, what I see that the particular person can be more important than the company, that people can have good experiences from shitty reputation companies, and vice versa.

wow ... looking good, hope all works out for your family!
kindly pm the contractor and id please. helping my sister source for reno and this company looks good
As below
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.