HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

My corridor walkway is so cluttered

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #1

My corridor walkway is so cluttered

Hey bro and sis,

I am moving in to my new place and my neighbour has alot of her clothes and personal stuff along the corridor.

I know from hdb policy, it is not allowed but alot of people close one eye. Problem is, they really take up alot of space and really cannot take it.

Here is the pic.

What should I do to ask them to clear the area nicely? Don't want to create tension also.
JuMbOfaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:31 PM   #2
Master Member

1) just live with it if it is not creating any hazard or discomfort to you.
2) report to town council.
Advancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:33 PM   #3
Master Member

Based on the picture I believe your neighbor is considered quite alright to keep the walkway unblocked. It's normal in every hdb block, I suggest just live with it.
You rather have this or a crazy neighbor that screams or make noises Everyday?
Advancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:43 PM   #4
High Honorary Member

I wonder what if u need to burn offering every 初一十五...later fume her clothes

Putting the clothes there r fire hazard already.

Imagine if one day someone needs to push the ambulance stretcher to your house n the rubbish is a hindrance...

Go email town council n HDB n cc to mp

Email to scdf see if they can give warning to the unit for Fire hazard

If they have plants...email to nea for suspected mozzie

Put video capture thingy at your door peephole

No need to ownself go n kp...u talk they also dun hiew u wan...

If nothing is done, follow up with meet the mp with your email n the updates from various agencies ...
hotstuff4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:11 AM   #5

Just live with it if those stuff does not cross to your unit border. The more u complain, the more stuff u can find outside the nx day.

I think this is pretty common thats y corner unit can fetch higher selling price.
popeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:22 AM   #6

Hey bro and sis,

I am moving in to my new place and my neighbour has alot of her clothes and personal stuff along the corridor.

I know from hdb policy, it is not allowed but alot of people close one eye. Problem is, they really take up alot of space and really cannot take it.

Here is the pic.

What should I do to ask them to clear the area nicely? Don't want to create tension also.
Are you Ho Hum Hum?
Glacier68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:35 AM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey bro and sis,

Here is the pic.

bang the neighbour door and have heart to heart talk with your neighbour.
if you activated town council people, your neighbour will think that your sabo him and he will retaliate. you will have no peaceful night since the town council came.
delceer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:48 AM   #8
Supremacy Member

HDB or TC sleeping on the job or blind

Screw them should anything serious happens.
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:01 AM   #9

Hey bro and sis,

Here is the pic.

your are a asshole
parryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:17 AM   #10
High Supremacy Member

you have not seen the worse yet. some put dining tables and chairs outside.
hwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:49 AM   #11
Supremacy Member

Actually clothes racks should be OK. Try not to create too much tension with it up neighbour. close an eye if possible.

Hey bro and sis,

Here is the pic.

qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:39 AM   #12

Hey bro and sis,

Here is the pic.

erm actually it's quite tidy already and has sufficient walking space. what's your complaint? u can't walk through that walking space? or ur neighbour taking up ur space so u can't put your stuff outside.
zzzzzz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:45 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

Frankly that walkway isn't really that cluttered. Got decent walking space already what. TS should come to my place and see what is cluttered, some neighbours put plants, chairs, etc until barely enough width to drag my suitcase past the corridor when going to travel.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:07 AM   #14

Hey all, thanks for the responses! I have never lived in a corridor unit before so these stuff are new to me.

Glad to hear from you folks that this is still okay and "responsible". Perhaps I will just ask him if he can just cut the space taken by half?

Reasons cause I open my door can see their stuff outside already. With them taking so much if the space, I can't even put a shoe rack outside as that will block the walkway completely.
JuMbOfaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #15
Supremacy Member

Maybe u can nicely tell them u need some space for us shoerack. I believe they will cooperate.

Hey all, thanks for the responses! I have never lived in a corridor unit before so these stuff are new to me.

Glad to hear from you folks that this is still okay and "responsible". Perhaps I will just ask him if he can just cut the space taken by half?

Reasons cause I open my door can see their stuff outside already. With them taking so much if the space, I can't even put a shoe rack outside as that will block the walkway completely.
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.