New EC next to TWF (Punggol)

rymchardware

Reaction score
Austville is 97% sold i.e. 524 out of 540 sold as at Aug. So almost sold out.
Think at one time, Austville's sales was slow but picked up again.

The slow moving ECs right now (things may change) is 1 Canberra and Watercolours. Both less than 60% sold at this moment.

Read from another thread that 1 Canberra is converting some of their units to Dual Key Units - maybe that will help push sales.

rymchardware

Reaction score
Some other ECs that are not fully sold yet are:

(1) Twin Waterfalls - 721 sold out of 728 (99% sold) as at end Aug.

(2) Blossom Residences - 587 sold of out of 602 (over 97%) as at end Aug.

hootduadua

Reaction score
Austville is 97% sold i.e. 524 out of 540 sold as at Aug. So almost sold out.
Think at one time, Austville's sales was slow but picked up again.

The slow moving ECs right now (things may change) is 1 Canberra and Watercolours. Both less than 60% sold at this moment.

Read from another thread that 1 Canberra is converting some of their units to Dual Key Units - maybe that will help push sales.

Some other ECs that are not fully sold yet are:

(1) Twin Waterfalls - 721 sold out of 728 (99% sold) as at end Aug.

(2) Blossom Residences - 587 sold of out of 602 (over 97%) as at end Aug.

1 Canberra converted 4 stacks to 1 stack of 2 bedroom + study Dual Key and 3 stack of new 3 bedroom dual keys. All are either the river facing or pool facing. *i got my information from www.newpropertysale.com.sg *Sales is picking up but slowly.

Blossom Residences is fully sold as of September 2012.

New EC like waterbay-punggol, topiary-sengkang, heron bay-upper serangoon road and the new woodlands EC at woodlands drive 16 would help sandwiched class singaporeans who aspire to live in private housing fufill their private property dreams...

Good work Mr Khaw and MND!

Last edited:

Chirashi

Reaction score
Punggol has nothing for the next 5 years. The shopping centre under Punggol Watertown won't be up until 2017. So many of the condos and ECs TOP before 2016, where will the residents enjoy their weekends in the meantime?

I think most Singaporean home-owners are prudent enough to buy a property based on future value.

vivalarave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think its a choice when flats and property are ****ing expensive in mature estates.

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
Here's another reality.

If Seng Kang/Punggol is so attractive, why is Austville still available for sale? Past EC projects launched AFTER have already soldout.

Qingjian Realty soldout another EC project at that time, below 700 psf. That's exactly 15 months ago. Now they are selling for 720 psf when Punggol hasn't changed at all.

Its not about PSF but quantum.

If 1 development 3 bedroom is 900sqft at 850psf vs another 3 bedroom which is 1400sqft at 750psf.

1 is a 3bedder at 765K, the other though at lower psf, but the quantum is 1.05Mill.

So if I go to the bank and the bank only approves me a loan of up to 700K, I don't think I can go for a 3bedder at 1.05Mill even though the PSF is 100psf lower.

This is the dilemma which buyers faced when doing In-Principle Approval. Not because they don't want buy lower psf but because their income does not support them to buy such a bigger and cheaper psf unit.

And of course, though Austville is not selling before does not mean it does not sell well later. These developments which don't sell well initially just have to wait for their competitors to sell theirs finish and their own units will move because other developers got no more units to sell. This is the reality why what doesn't happen before is happening now.

Location, Price, Timing.

derong07

Reaction score
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to everyone! :s12::s12::s12:
A bit late but better late than never...haha.

Yeah I agree with you guys regarding the quantum vs psf thingy. Everyone knows the lower psf the better. Typically, within the same project on the same floor, a 5-bedroom unit will have a lower psf than a 2-bedroom unit. But the problem many of us face is the quantum. Are we able to come up with the huge initial cash/CPF outlay (and also bank loan eligibility) to purchase a 5-bedroom unit with a lower PSF?

Secondly, personally I don't think we should compare prices of yesterday vs today. At the kopitiam near my place, a plate of chicken rice used to cost only $2 few years ago but it costs $3 a plate now. So it is not surprising to see Qingjian selling at a slightly higher PSF than its previous EC project (Twin Waterfalls). Furthermore, Punggol is developing and we see changes everyday. And that explains the appreciation in prices.

pinkkoala

Reaction score
A better location comes with a price premium. Anyway for those taking the MRT, at least you have a much higher chance of getting a seat at Punggol than those taking the MRT at Hougang or Sengkang. Haha.

By 2015, the ECs and condos would have just TOP-ed so the timing is about just nice together with the new shopping mall and other amenities.

Anyway, location is very subjective and different locations cater to different groups of people working at various locations. ;)

My friend stays at Punggol for quite some time already. He was surprised to see that so many people from Sengkang/Buangkok takes MRT to Punggol first and sit there just to get a seat for the journey down. So people taking MRT from Punggol must know where/which train compartment has less seat taken up by these people, so they can get a seat.

SKWSMC

Reaction score
Secondly, personally I don't think we should compare prices of yesterday vs today. At the kopitiam near my place, a plate of chicken rice used to cost only $2 few years ago but it costs $3 a plate now. So it is not surprising to see Qingjian selling at a slightly higher PSF than its previous EC project (Twin Waterfalls). Furthermore, Punggol is developing and we see changes everyday. And that explains the appreciation in prices.

You are right, we can't buy the property using yesterday price. But it is also right that when the owner of Waterbay and TWF are going to sell at the same time. Guess what? TWF better location and they buy cheaper. Both condo complete around the same time. So as a buyer which one will you buy? If the market is still very good of course selling is not a problem. But if the market is not so good especially there are so many condo in Punggol now then the owner of Waterbay will face a big problem.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And of course, though Austville is not selling before does not mean it does not sell well later. These developments which don't sell well initially just have to wait for their competitors to sell theirs finish and their own units will move because other developers got no more units to sell. This is the reality why what doesn't happen before is happening now.

Location, Price, Timing.

Austville is last year's project. Even before Twin Waterfalls. No doubt they will be soldout anyway, but what I'm trying to highlight is that prices have changed without any fundamentals in the area changing.

Quantum or psf, they have both gone up. The only reason why people will buy now, is because they are afraid that prics will continue to go north if they continue to wait.

foxxkat

Reaction score
went to riversails.. sales pretty slow, 100+ units sold. that's why "discounts" still the same since day1 havent reduce yet. amazingly agents still say very good sales. maybe i'm missing something. some stacks not yet released for sales, building up the hype.

derong07

Reaction score
You are right, we can't buy the property using yesterday price. But it is also right that when the owner of Waterbay and TWF are going to sell at the same time. Guess what? TWF better location and they buy cheaper. Both condo complete around the same time. So as a buyer which one will you buy? If the market is still very good of course selling is not a problem. But if the market is not so good especially there are so many condo in Punggol now then the owner of Waterbay will face a big problem.

Yes, I totally agree with you. And this is what I am driving at. Are we able to turn back time and purchase a unit at TWF now? There are only 4 units left at TWF and all are either 1st or 2nd storey units. Do note that PSFs at TWF averages at around $730 and Waterbay's PSFs is estimated to be at $750. If I am a buyer, I think I definitely can live with the $20+ psf difference in profits when I sell in future because I know I cannot turn back time now to buy a unit at TWF anymore.

Personally, if I can choose a unit on the same floor with the same facing in these 2 projects, I may still choose Waterbay. Because location-wise, I will prefer Waterbay because TWF is very near to the exit and entrance of TPE and the road noise may be higher comparatively. However, I will have to say that direct distance-wise, TWF is nearer to the MRT station. Walking distance may approximately be very similar.

I can very easily now say that Treasure Trove is a very good buy but this is rather hindsight right. $800+ psf vs the much higher psf at Watertown. Their locations are even more alike as they are just diagonally opposite each other.

SKWSMC

Reaction score
Yes, I totally agree with you. And this is what I am driving at. Are we able to turn back time and purchase a unit at TWF now? There are only 4 units left at TWF and all are either 1st or 2nd storey units. Do note that PSFs at TWF averages at around $730 and Waterbay's PSFs is estimated to be at $750. If I am a buyer, I think I definitely can live with the $20+ psf difference in profits when I sell in future because I know I cannot turn back time now to buy a unit at TWF anymore.

Personally, if I can choose a unit on the same floor with the same facing in these 2 projects, I may still choose Waterbay. Because location-wise, I will prefer Waterbay because TWF is very near to the exit and entrance of TPE and the road noise may be higher comparatively. However, I will have to say that direct distance-wise, TWF is nearer to the MRT station. Walking distance may approximately be very similar.

I can very easily now say that Treasure Trove is a very good buy but this is rather hindsight right. $800+ psf vs the much higher psf at Watertown. Their locations are even more alike as they are just diagonally opposite each other.

TWF given the better location definitely can fetch higher price. As i say if the market is good everything can sell. However if the market is bad, it is not about getting $20 psf less but the fact whether can you sell at all.
TWF is defintely nearer to the MRT and WaterTown on the walking distance.
All of us know that WaterTown is a premium PC, that why the cost is higher than Treasure Trove. They attracting difference group. WaterTown is just in front of the waterway, with a shopping mall below, MRT really nearby and SOHO concept. That why the cost is higher.
We can't turn back the clock but why we can wait for the release of the EC near TWF.

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm wondering where can I get a site plan of EC land plots for sale or going-to-be-release-for-sale? Particularly at Hougang, Sengkang and Punggol areas?

Quite interested in Waterbay, but i'm prepared to wait for another 6-12mths before we commit to buying an EC. Thus want to know which other EC plots I can still afford to wait.

Thanks!

SKWSMC

Reaction score
Good news folks.....indicative pricing for Waterbay is out. Pricing averages between $710 to $730psf. Almost the same as TWF. So we don't need to keep talking about the $20psf difference already. ;)

I think you miss the point. It is not the price diference only. The only problem is the location and the developer.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to the showroom earlier.

Not impressed. Balcony so big. Some units even have 2 balconies! Talk about selling you airspace when it is free for developers.

Masterbed room isn't quite big, just wide. The wardrobe space is barely enough for a bachelor, much less a couple.

Layout is very standard. But it is so terrible for the dual key units. No doors to separate the studio from the main apartment, agent suggested to me that I had to built my own! :eek:

Still not convinced about the potential of the place. So many condos within a 400m radius. I really doubt the rental potential when this project TOP.

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
Went to the showroom earlier.

Not impressed. Balcony so big. Some units even have 2 balconies! Talk about selling you airspace when it is free for developers.

Masterbed room isn't quite big, just wide. The wardrobe space is barely enough for a bachelor, much less a couple.

Layout is very standard. But it is so terrible for the dual key units. No doors to separate the studio from the main apartment, agent suggested to me that I had to built my own! :eek:

Still not convinced about the potential of the place. So many condos within a 400m radius. I really doubt the rental potential when this project TOP.

You very funny leh. layout not standard complain. layout standard also complain. :s13:

Btw, airspace is not free. :o

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You very funny leh. layout not standard complain. layout standard also complain. :s13:

Btw, airspace is not free. :o

Layout is standard is NOT a complain. :s13:

Don't know where you get the idea. Was my first time visiting the showroom, I won't complain of something that I've not seen before. :s22:

Developers don't need to pay for the balcony space, it's not counted in the GFA. And someone has already commented, they do look big to me as well. Some layouts even come with 2 balconies for those 105sqm. So buyers beware, you could be paying for that extra balcony in the masterbedroom only. The rest of the internal area will largely remain the same.

Edit: Balcony is included in GFA but not in the GPA.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dcdgfahb_d0e180.htm
http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbgfa/Part1-5gfa.pdf

But developers don't pay for the physical space they use for balconies?

Last edited:

Chirashi

Reaction score

An additional 5% of the liveable space can be used by developers to create spaces which promotes a better facade, which includes balconies and also factoring in the space for AC ledges, which developers do not pay for but the consumers have to.

Pls correct if the above is untrue.

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
Developers don't need to pay for the balcony space, it's not counted in the GFA. And someone has already commented, they do look big to me as well. Some layouts even come with 2 balconies for those 105sqm. So buyers beware, you could be paying for that extra balcony in the masterbedroom only. The rest of the internal area will largely remain the same.

Edit: Balcony is included in GFA but not in the GPA.

Handbook on GROSS FLOOR AREA
http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbgfa/Part1-5gfa.pdf

Just have this notion and you will not go wrong. Nothing is free.

When no balcony or small balcony, people will say no different from HDB flat.
When got balcony, people will say balcony too big and eat into unwanted strata floor area which is added cost for consumer.

My feel is if one likes big balcony where can put coffee table, go for one. If one does not like big balconies, go for those condos without balconies.
No house is perfect. It may not be what you like but it will be the dream home for others. Likewise, a dream home for others may not be what i like.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.