New house coming, old house still no buyer, what should I do.

aileen99

Master Member
Reaction score
The new flat coming, my old house have put up for sale. Viewers complain no renovation, no repaint, house too many things. I worry I will lost my new BTO, cos part of the old flat proceed will go to the new house. One month over still no interested buyers. My agent not really helping still charge me 2%. Possible to return the old flat to HDB? If really no buyer what should do.

New flat Nov will get keys already.

aileen99

Master Member
Reaction score
3A near NTU level 9 between 290k to 310k. The price is not the problem, is those buyers not even want to offer, can't even negotiate.

slashGNR

Reaction score
The new flat coming, my old house have put up for sale. Viewers complain no renovation, no repaint, house too many things. I worry I will lost my new BTO, cos part of the old flat proceed will go to the new house. One month over still no interested buyers. My agent not really helping still charge me 2%. Possible to return the old flat to HDB? If really no buyer what should do.

You still have about 4 months to sell, I only starts to sell 2 months before my 2nd appt. Unable to sell near the date, HDB approved the deferment, sold my 32 years old flat and collected my keys 4 months later.

I think first impression of the flat quite critical, my previous flat simple deco, no air-con, decent cleanliness...maybe you do some touch up ?...

aileen99

Master Member
Reaction score
You still have about 4 months to sell, I only starts to sell 2 months before my 2nd appt. Unable to sell near the date, HDB approved the deferment, sold my 32 years old flat and collected my keys 4 months later.

I think first impression of the flat quite critical, my previous flat simple deco, no air-con, decent cleanliness...maybe you do some touch up ?...

Ya I try to move things out so I can repaint the wall. My parents say why waste money when u are selling.all the room got aircon, kitchen cupboard solid wood. Not easy to get the second house.

PostCountWarrior[+1]

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3A near NTU level 9 between 290k to 310k. The price is not the problem, is those buyers not even want to offer, can't even negotiate.
stats show that 3 room and 5 room price have been going down but 4 room price quite resilient. u have to be prepared to go lower to get it done, esp if its lower flat.

duckie_15

Reaction score

That's weird, if dun even wanna offer then why bother to view the flat?? Beforehand nv see pic and have an idea meh

aileen99

Master Member
Reaction score
That's weird, if dun even wanna offer then why bother to view the flat?? Beforehand nv see pic and have an idea meh

See for fun Lor, so much criticism I also don't why they come and view in the first place. Every weekend burn at home to wait for agent to bring people come. I felt my agent not even doing much, she don't even know my surroundings have what and claim to stay in jurong west all the time. So rubbish. 8 min walk to cc, bank, wet market, supermarket and 1 24hr coffee shop. 15 min walk via shortcut can walk to sport hall.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think need at least 3 mths then can sell. Is that the latest transaction price in ur area?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
See for fun Lor, so much criticism I also don't why they come and view in the first place. Every weekend burn at home to wait for agent to bring people come. I felt my agent not even doing much, she don't even know my surroundings have what and claim to stay in jurong west all the time. So rubbish. 8 min walk to cc, bank, wet market, supermarket and 1 24hr coffee shop. 15 min walk via shortcut can walk to sport hall.
From which agency?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya I try to move things out so I can repaint the wall. My parents say why waste money when u are selling.all the room got aircon, kitchen cupboard solid wood. Not easy to get the second house.
How old are ur flat?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So u managed to sell before collecting keys? Did the seller let u extend ur stay?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.