Official August 2017 ROF

JuIz__

Reaction score
Dont understand why ROF results can be shortened to 1 week while SOBF take months :s11::s11:

SOBF is still like BTO, you are narrowing your flat selection through neighbourhoods. so HDB have to sort out the FT vs ST, 3R vs 4R vs 5R & ethnics quotas, bla bla bla... That's why the process is longer..

But in ROF, HDB DONT NEED to ballot Neighbourhood by neighbourhood..

When you apply ROF, you're practically ballot for EVERY balance flat in SINGAPORE... hence when u get a number, you can freely select ANY Flats, subjected to ethnics quota availability..

JuIz__

Reaction score
If I got a valid queue number in ROF and forfeit it, will it be count as 1 chance lost ?

Most probably.. cause its the same theory of BTO & SOBF the -- "i gave you a chance, & you forfeit it, so you're gonna get consequences for it..."

Wanna confirm it, can go check with HDB.

didi33

Reaction score
Been silently reading these forums for years now. Finally created an account cuz i got qn to ask...

If i apply for this ROF, but end up the flats available are only flat types i dont want (or cannot afford) and ethnic quota reached, will it still be considered as 1 rejection?

Cuz i got a number for sembawang 4 room in the may 2017 sbf but its 45/37. Not sure if can get flat or not. We not really picky. Just want canberra area and 4 room.

Should we still apply for this ROF? Or just wait and see by the time HDB call us up for selection what flats are left? Estimated selection for sembawang 4 room for may 2017 sbf is nov 2017..

Im so confused now!

didi33

Reaction score
will be the first 3 room flat to have balcony huh! but waiting time is 50+ months:s22:

anw the application rate for ROF seems to slow down...here's hoping it won't increase much more...seems like because can't choose location and flat size, ppl just register right away during 1st day instead of taking time to look here and there, like in my case

From what i see, the pool of 4 room flats mostly all in senbawang. So those who apply in ROF, even if dont want sembawang, mostly will choose sembawang since not much choice of 4 room and if really bo bian.

JuIz__

Reaction score
Been silently reading these forums for years now. Finally created an account cuz i got qn to ask...

If i apply for this ROF, but end up the flats available are only flat types i dont want (or cannot afford) and ethnic quota reached, will it still be considered as 1 rejection?

Cuz i got a number for sembawang 4 room in the may 2017 sbf but its 45/37. Not sure if can get flat or not. We not really picky. Just want canberra area and 4 room.

Should we still apply for this ROF? Or just wait and see by the time HDB call us up for selection what flats are left? Estimated selection for sembawang 4 room for may 2017 sbf is nov 2017..

Im so confused now!

Most likely will get SBF 4 room BTO since you are not picky on floor area and which units.. There will be dropouts for sure...

If you wanna be safe, then go ahead and apply for ROF..
Sembawang 4room is 600+units. that's almost 50% of the units avail in ROF.. & my guess is, many ppl who applied are not gonna apply for sembawang. they will try for other places... All trying their luck also.. & since you got nothing to lose, you should just try yours too... Goodluck :)

didi33

Reaction score
Most likely will get SBF 4 room BTO since you are not picky on floor area and which units.. There will be dropouts for sure...

If you wanna be safe, then go ahead and apply for ROF..
Sembawang 4room is 600+units. that's almost 50% of the units avail in ROF.. & my guess is, many ppl who applied are not gonna apply for sembawang. they will try for other places... All trying their luck also.. & since you got nothing to lose, you should just try yours too... Goodluck :)

Thanks for the advice.

But if i get a nonsense queue number for ROF, die le. Hahaha. My hubby wants the houses by the river at canberra so can go fishing le. Hahahahaha. He got no other preferences. I honestly dont care as long as got house haha.

Been looking thru the units and there are a few units that look great. Drove past the area before also a few times to recce.

Just scared that if apply this ROF, and then we reject, and then the SBF also end up reject kena penalty for 1 year liao.

Most likely we will reject only if the units left is really cmi one. Argh hate overthinking.

JuIz__

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

But if i get a nonsense queue number for ROF, die le. Hahaha. My hubby wants the houses by the river at canberra so can go fishing le. Hahahahaha. He got no other preferences. I honestly dont care as long as got house haha.

Been looking thru the units and there are a few units that look great. Drove past the area before also a few times to recce.

Just scared that if apply this ROF, and then we reject, and then the SBF also end up reject kena penalty for 1 year liao.

Most likely we will reject only if the units left is really cmi one. Argh hate overthinking.

If i recall correctly, if the ethnic quota is taken up before your appointment, then you still have your chances as FT... Because technically you didnt reject HDB. its HDB that reject you.. hahaha.

Just dont reject anything just yet... Apply for ROF, pray for the best.. Get the number, see which appointment comes first (SOBF or ROBF) then select the house...

You honestly have nothing to lose unless you reject HDB.. but if you dont reject, and the ethnic quota is 0 before your appointment, you can still ballot for other places...

pr0dygi

Reaction score
If u want SBW then just APPLY. No need think.

End of the day everything is luck dependant. If this ROF has ALOT of units you can accept just try only.

polaris4dy

Reaction score
yes, seems like we all future neighbour:s13:
same case as you, got 29/17 for punggol sbf.....applying for ROF hoping can select canberra 3 room...fingers crossed.

just have to wait till next week to see

From what i see, the pool of 4 room flats mostly all in senbawang. So those who apply in ROF, even if dont want sembawang, mostly will choose sembawang since not much choice of 4 room and if really bo bian.

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

Staying in the house is a everyday thing leh. Chao Chao will live there for 5 to 10 years before you sell it. Don't end up regret and everyday feel very down e.g. 2nd floor facing rubbish bin and main road. If u dun love your house u will feel bitter and pek cek returning home everyday

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

Ask your husband go down and see the "river" for himself.

Residents are complaining of the sai smell down that sewer. Lucky a kind neighbour told me before I made my selection, so I chose a unit facing the road instead.

polaris4dy

Reaction score
had the same qns as you...see the may 2017 sbf thread.
1.depends on which selection come first, if you select, the other one forfeited.
2. apparently someone called and been told ROF won't affect ballot chance? not 100% though, best is to call and check..
I tried to find in the FAQ but didn't say anything about this..
if it's true, then no wonder the application so oversubscribed,especially 1st timers...

If apply ROF,
Result out within few weeks and appointment made,

May2017 SOBF forfeited instantly?

Btw,
Anyone know if rof affect balloting chances?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.