Official May 2017 SBF

Yuppie98

Reaction score
It’s cashier order not cash if there’s any balance you need to pay on said date. Cashier Order in favour to HDB or Housing Development Board, if there’s a solicitor acting on your behalf your solicitor will send you the formal request letter and give you your actual completion date (dates are set by your lawyer not HDB) if it’s directly with HDB they will write to you the balance amount payable.

Hi,what do you have to pay in cash??May I know??Cos I wanna get the cash ready..

Yuppie98

Reaction score
Let us all help each other out in this SBF group, we are all gonna need:

1. New Aircon
2. Vinyl tiles
3. Lightings
4. Electricians
5. Plumbers
6. Kitchen Cabinets.

By taking the lead to negotiate for group buy pricing we can save more or get a better deal.

Unity is power! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is 30 mins enough to sign the lease and take the keys? etiqa i already bought, sp i will apply 2 days before i collect. with these done, i think should be faster right?

IAmZlatan

Reaction score
is 30 mins enough to sign the lease and take the keys? etiqa i already bought, sp i will apply 2 days before i collect. with these done, i think should be faster right?

SP not required for signing of lease.

Just need to sign documents then make some payment on the 3rd floor before going back to collect keys. I think about 45 mins but that's if that isn't any delay.

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SP not required for signing of lease.

Just need to sign documents then make some payment on the 3rd floor before going back to collect keys. I think about 45 mins but that's if that isn't any delay.
hi lion, what sort of payment can i expect to make? the amount shown on my appointment for payment to be made in cash is $0

IAmZlatan

Reaction score
hi lion, what sort of payment can i expect to make? the amount shown on my appointment for payment to be made in cash is $0

1st month Service & Conservancy Charges. It should be at the bottom on the 2nd page of your appointment letter.

Yuppie98

Reaction score
Yes 30 mins enough to sign the lease if u need to make payment for the 5% or 20% they will give u a receipt which u need to pay upstairs tgr with your TC fees. The water & electricity will be turn on even before you apply for SP.

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes 30 mins enough to sign the lease if u need to make payment for the 5% or 20% they will give u a receipt which u need to pay upstairs tgr with your TC fees. The water & electricity will be turn on even before you apply for SP.

as i will only start the renovation march, can i say that i do not need to open a sp account on that very day? read somewhere that electricity and water will be pre turned on, 3 days no sp opened then they cut

IAmZlatan

Reaction score
as i will only start the renovation march, can i say that i do not need to open a sp account on that very day? read somewhere that electricity and water will be pre turned on, 3 days no sp opened then they cut

I opened an account anyway since I needed to do defects check.

Yuppie98

Reaction score
They’ll turn it on for 7D for u to conduct defect check. If u don’t apply for SP Acct after 7D it’ll auto-shut.

Water:
A. To turn on water open ur DBB, a handle is provided in a plastic bag tgr w all electrical & piping legend plan (note don’t throw it away, scan or take a snapshot in case u lose it and may need it later)
Use e tap handle turn on water from outside your unit. You’ll also need a screwdriver to remove e cover of the main tap.

1. Fill a bucket of water, pour every part of e floor to check if water flow smoothly towards the wastetrap, if it doesn’t — mark that spot defect, they’ll hack & redo for u.
Floors of:
a) kitchen, b) service yard, c) bathrooms

2. Fill up bucket of water again, pour it directly into all the wastetrap located in all e bathrooms, service yard & kitchen. Check that it doesn’t get choke, flow too slowly, or if debris rise out, mark it defect for them to fix it.

3. Check all taps including e one located in SY + WC for:
a) water pressure
b) if e valve is working properly.
c) any leakage on e pipes
d) Leave e water running for 5 mins for luck, energy flow, cleansing.

Electricity:
Check that every power socket works, remember to check DB Box as well as bomb shelter (most ppl forget this rm)

Thereafter u won’t need electricity or water anymore until your Reno or rectification work by BSC that requires electricity.

So u can start applying online on March 2018 and u don’t have to pay for all those buckets of water $$$ you used for defect checks. SP will not charge u for water/electricity before your application. Confirm by SP

The free water/electricity is also e reason why defects check should be done within 7Days.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.