Open Listing to sell HDB

LIYING777

Reaction score
I intend to sell my hdb 5rm and do not wish to engage exclusive agent. Please adv how to go about it and what is the commission that I need to pay. I am going to buy another resale flat probably 5rm or EA so do I need to engage any agent for the buying part as I heard that buyer need not engage agent and pay commission.

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can try listing on free site, the hit rate is terrible
my friend tried for 3 months and got nothing
the listing is at the n page lol

as for buying, just hunt at property guru

damianuuu

Reaction score
I intend to sell my hdb 5rm and do not wish to engage exclusive agent. Please adv how to go about it and what is the commission that I need to pay. I am going to buy another resale flat probably 5rm or EA so do I need to engage any agent for the buying part as I heard that buyer need not engage agent and pay commission.

Download ohmyhome and list there.. i just sold my sengkang 4room.. can also attend hdb resale seminar, v easy to diy nowadays..

Earnasyougrow

Reaction score

U can list it at Gumtree, Directhome, Ohmyhome and even here. Maybe some bro and sis here interested. Where is yr 5 rm by the way?

balagan

Reaction score
Many agents will call you to ask if they can market your unit for sale when you advertise in 99.co

No exclusive but have to do sellers checklist. This is required 7 days before a buyer can sign the OTP (buyer would already has done buyer checklist)

By giving permission, the agents will list in propertyguru, to cast the net wider for buyers, so to speak.

I did it this way and was fortunate to engage 1 very good agent out of 6 (6 listings in propertyguru!) and the unit was sold within the same month that I advertised in ohmyhome, directhome & 99.

After a week or 2, you'll know which appointed agents are good or bad in terms of advice, urgency and basically "whether working or not" (in Hokkien).

Though I wanted to save the 2% agent commission, I could not avoid in the end as very few direct buyers called for viewing.

Hope you'll get a good agent too.

suzuka88

Reaction score
open listing will have many agent , and u need to fix a fix value . many viewer and busy entertain .

where else exclusive agent help you to screen all the buyer before come to view

kkboy1

Reaction score
For selling, DIY if you are confident and know how. If not, exclusive listing more simple and commission can be lower(nego with the agent). The agent will spend more marketing effort and can sell the unit faster.

As for buying, you can search the property listing sites yourself and negotiate the price yourself with the selling agent.

balagan

Reaction score
If the agents bring buyers for viewing, that buyer is already screened. It is fine to "entertain" as no agent will bring buyer that do not qualify.

Without exclusive, the agents will not get complacent but push harder to bring buyers for viewing. The agent that does his/her work, will get the commission which is the bottomline of the agents who work for his/her rice bowl.

Thumbs down to the exclusive agent way!

The HDB resale transaction process is already so clearly stated.

However, I agree that agents have their contacts to bring buyers so sometimes the commission cannot be saved, which in my case is above $10K.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For hdb, diy should be the way to go, if you know the procedures and paper works involved.

For buying, it's the easier for you to search the net for what you want to save the buyer's commission.

But for selling, it's not possible for you advertise your unit in all the sites to get the maximum exposure to save the seller's commission.

Besides knowing the paper works and procedures, you need to deal with all kinds of pattern from the buyers and sellers.

If you think you can diy buying and selling with no problem, then you should also consider to be part-time agent :s13:

LIYING777

Reaction score
Btw may I know when I sign an exclusive agent, beside newspaper the other place to ad is it only pty guru. I saw that many units were updated daily while some were last update 1 mth ago. Does agent need to pay to update the same listing on pty guru or is free regardless of how long they update daily

vinz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everything cost money in SG.

Even an agent click update or "Repost" also need "credit $" at property guru.

kingkongikiss

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy can diy, sell... how to get buyer...

u can request to give 1%

not bad lah, if u sold 500k 1% still 5k cash profit for them what.

LIYING777

Reaction score
Everything cost money in SG.

Even an agent click update or "Repost" also need "credit $" at property guru.

Thanks Vinz so meaning to say if my unit was not updated since Feb can I say that the agent actually didnt market my unit aggressively. Is there other avenue to see if my unit is on ad besides newspaper

Last edited:

vinz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you diy selling, do you think u be putting ads on daily ? or posting in the strait times or major newspaper often? all these cost money.

is yours an exclusive agent? I dont think so right?

Open listing agent, they just post your unit and see lucky or not to have any callers enquiring.

If there are serious buyer searching for a unit at your block, i am sure they will see all units for sale for the past 3months or so. And not just the one being repost today or yesterday.

To be very frank, no agent will be aggressive in their marketing effort on an OPEN LISTING unit. Seriously you cant expect all agent to spend 1k or 2k advertising your unit , but the unit is being sold by another agent (who is lucky and happen to get that particular buyer who just happen to browse his ads ) at the end of the day as there is no exclusive, it is a no brainer business decision.

Unless yours is a prime unit with many good features and acceptable price.

No offence to you.

good luck in your sale.

-vinz

LIYING777

Reaction score
If you diy selling, do you think u be putting ads on daily ? or posting in the strait times or major newspaper often? all these cost money.

is yours an exclusive agent? I dont think so right?

Open listing agent, they just post your unit and see lucky or not to have any callers enquiring.

If there are serious buyer searching for a unit at your block, i am sure they will see all units for sale for the past 3months or so. And not just the one being repost today or yesterday.

To be very frank, no agent will be aggressive in their marketing effort on an OPEN LISTING unit. Seriously you cant expect all agent to spend 1k or 2k advertising your unit , but the unit is being sold by another agent (who is lucky and happen to get that particular buyer who just happen to browse his ads ) at the end of the day as there is no exclusive, it is a no brainer business decision.

Unless yours is a prime unit with many good features and acceptable price.

No offence to you.

good luck in your sale.

-vinz

Thanks for yr feedback and the agent is my friend actually but so far for coming 3 mths only 3 viewing

vinz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Friend or not, open listing is still the same.

If friend why don't give exclusive and make sure he/she do the aggressive marketing you want to see?

Just a side note, if you browse through many online forum on sales of HDB flat recently, many take 6 months to 1 year+ to get their unit sold. Of course high chance the longer it take, the lower the price the seller will accept. Anyway market is not moving up, the agent don't decide the price.

A seller who is in tune with market will get his unit sold at the existing market price with the currently savvy and hard bargaining buyers out there.

Full_Sound

Reaction score
I sold my hdb unit within 5 days from my 1st posting. All diy from photography to posting to HDB procedure. My previous property also DIY but earlier times everyone can post on PropertyGuru.
Probably I was lucky to get a buyer within this short period
These are my list of advertisement

- Ohmyhome - 2 views
- Carousell - 2 views
- Gumtree - 1 view

The reason I do not want to sign exclusive because the agent claimed that my target selling price is historically high if it is sold at my price. I have no confidence with the agent so I did the posting myself. I sold at 1 thousand below my listed price.

If you need to engage a property agent, be selective on the correct one that have your interest as the top priority not closing a sale.

No offence to property agent as i believe some of you guys have a major part in most property sales.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.