Rivercove Residences

Solid_snape

Reaction score
Think you got it wrong. I dunno what will happen in 10 years time. I am just making assumption tat price remain stagnant. Pty price could crash till 500psf or increase till 1400pf. Just saying.

Well my rationale is, looking into the future say 10 years from now, if I am a potential buyer looking at resale condos in SK and the following are my options (assuming prices are stagnant as you suggested):
• high park and PB @ 1300psf
• RC @ 1150
• vales/TC/bellwaters @ 1000psf

As a rational buyer i'd rather go for the previous batch of resale ECs if I'm price sensitive. So how are owners of RC able to find buyers if there are similar ECs nearby that can be had for lower?

Of course this is a very limited view not taking into account location, facing, level etc etc.

My view is that the boat had already sailed but if I'm just looking for a home to stay in and not for investment then anything goes.

Thomcat818

Reaction score
Lol at ur range. 2015-2017 to predict what happens in 10 yrs?

It is not that hard .
It is yes, no & neutral.
There is a property index & property price doesn’t
swing as much as my stocks.

Still at denial stage ?
Sqhg8z8.jpg

Thomcat818

Reaction score
Sailed plus middle income gonna feel more financing pressure soon.

Well my rationale is, looking into the future say 10 years from now, if I am a potential buyer looking at resale condos in SK and the following are my options (assuming prices are stagnant as you suggested):
• RC @ 1150

As a rational buyer i'd rather go for the previous batch of resale ECs if I'm price sensitive. So how are owners of RC able to find buyers if there are similar ECs nearby that can be had for lower?

Of course this is a very limited view not taking into account location, facing, level etc etc.

My view is that the boat had already sailed but if I'm just looking for a home to stay in and not for investment then anything goes.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Unlikely that RC will be price at 800+. Must be around 950. It is true that it is higher than surrounding sk ec but ppl who buy ec are buying to stay and they wouldn't care much about the higher pricing compared to other EC.

Just like nowadays sk hdb bto is 300k for 4 rooms, 10 yrs ago was 200k, what can you do? Will you not buy the hdb just because ppl in the past ppl buy cheaper than you?

950psf for an ec in sk ????

Any reasons why 800psf ec in yishun is not sold out even when new condos in yishun are launch above 1100psf ? Northpark start at 13xxpsf? Symphony suites 1100psf and another new condo launch 20mins walk away from yishun mrt launch at 1200psf...

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many to worry.
Scared that the sky would fall, plane crash , a stock market crash,crossing a road etc .

Nothing achieved.

Many Sinkies are also ‘bitter’ that their
‘blood/ sweat money’ HDB flats are not freehold. My advice to them is to rent a flat for
50 years.

He will pay $2k x 12 months x 50 years & gets
nothing . :o

I dunno what will happen in 10 years time. I am just making assumption tat price remain stagnant. Pty price could crash till 500psf or increase till 1400pf. Just saying.

Clazav

Reaction score

Any reasons why 800psf ec in yishun is not sold out even when new condos in yishun are launch above 1100psf ? Northpark start at 13xxpsf? Symphony suites 1100psf and another new condo launch 20mins walk away from yishun mrt launch at 1200psf...

All the more ppl will be less price sensitive when buying direct for bto and ec as they are deems as subsidised houses. Yishun ec have very poor location. The leftover units are probably those that have poor facing or low floor. In fact the sale of ec has improved since hundred palm record sale. Ppl who buy pc in yishun instead of ec could be second property buyers, or singles.

Last edited:

Scylla

Reaction score

not many people wan to stay in yishun la... lol :s13: dun compare with yishun but if really need a house to stay, why not?

https://yishun.town/

Last edited:

jouhyo

Reaction score
• RC @ 1150

Hmm, I am not very sure wat u trying to say. If the market price is 1100psf, means those who bought RC, even at 900psf had earn a decent profit. Not bad for a place they stay and use for 10 years. And if is the market price, means this is the price what buyers are willing to pay for RC at arms length transaction of tat location.

Sure, maybe u are of buyers looking elsewhere, like bellewoods or vales but there are others looking at RC location due to proximity to work or parents. And because of such demand, therefore is priced which a buyer is willing to pay.

fotoudavid

Reaction score
RC should be around $850 PSF range. Cannot price high as need government approval, and there is income ceiling of $14000.... if too high defeat the purpose i think, people cannot get enough bank loan.

SgSpyAcc

Reaction score
Will be that high? Even higher than 100 palms, BS and V?

Will RC have higher resale than 100 palms/BS/V?

RC should be around $850 PSF range. Cannot price high as need government approval, and there is income ceiling of $14000.... if too high defeat the purpose i think, people cannot get enough bank loan.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score

The pricing of Signature, Parc Life, Northwave (from about $750 psf) is still much better than the upcoming Rivercove EC (which is projected to be at $850 psf???)

Added to the fact that Signature is in move-in condition and Parc Life, ready in a few months, buyer can save on the waiting time of 2-3 years.

Govt also developing the North with North-south corridor, thomson line mrt to johor mrt and town area (Singapore) plus north innovation corridor.

5 years later, can flip Signature and buy another one.

Scylla

Reaction score
The pricing of Signature, Parc Life, Northwave (from about $750 psf) is still much better than the upcoming Rivercove EC (which is projected to be at $850 psf???)

Added to the fact that Signature is in move-in condition and Parc Life, ready in a few months, buyer can save on the waiting time of 2-3 years.

Govt also developing the North with North-south corridor, thomson line mrt to johor mrt and town area (Singapore) plus north innovation corridor.

5 years later, can flip Signature and buy another one.

dont think anyone (in the right mind) would wan to stay in yishun... unless really really cannot wait.

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yishun atas ma !
Northpoint City not cheap leh !
Even the ulu , Punggol,Jurong & Tampines are considered also atas nowadays

dont think anyone (in the right mind) would wan to stay in yishun... unless really really cannot wait.

tokidoki_sg

Reaction score

What's wrong with Yishun? Have you stayed in Yishun long enuff to make such comment? :s8: I'm been staying in Yishun for coming 30 yrs! It's getting better with the new Northpoint City and upcoming bus interchange.

fotoudavid

Reaction score
Will be that high? Even higher than 100 palms, BS and V?

Will RC have higher resale than 100 palms/BS/V?

I think will be at $850. Because currently most units from left overs EC at about $800, plus must consider that only one launch at 2019. For people prefer launch price must catch it before gone.

If talk about why not get PL, Criterion, Signature and Northwave, well it's the location. Most left over EC from Yishun and Sembawang. People who don't like Yishun and Sembawang will never buy there. So left with RC.

And because it's new launch and all the hype about it as a new EC, i believe it will fully sold in a week.

Resale value better or not i cannot say as who can predict 10 years down the road.

But if want a safe bet on resale value, Brownstone and Visionaires will be a good bet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.