[[[[WELCOME TO HONG KONG~!!!!]]]]]

limeiyan1231

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am local HongKonger.
I'd like to help who enquiry about travel to Hong Kong.
Pls feel free to contact me.
I can be your free Hong Kong guide book. I'd help as far as i can.

Thank you very much.

Iloveholiday

Reaction score
Where are brands that is on craze now? I remembered eating "steamed egg" (Du dan, dessert) with black sesame paste inside but I can't remember that place. I understand from the tour guide that dessert store is well known for this. They would have the instruction on eating the steamed egg paste on the table. Do you know where is it? Or any recommendation on the most famous steam egg with sesame paste inside.

and the best egg tarts...

Thanks!

limeiyan1231

Reaction score
Where are brands that is on craze now? I remembered eating "steamed egg" (Du dan, dessert) with black sesame paste inside but I can't remember that place. I understand from the tour guide that dessert store is well known for this. They would have the instruction on eating the steamed egg paste on the table. Do you know where is it? Or any recommendation on the most famous steam egg with sesame paste inside.

and the best egg tarts...

Thanks!

HI ILOVEHOLIDAY,
I though you're talking about our well known dessert shop "Yuen Kee Dessert" which is locate at NO# 32 Centre Street, Sai Wan. Actually, steamed egg with sesame paste is not poppular in HK. Normally, the dessert shop will show steamed egg, sesame paste separately as we seldom combine two of these dessert altogether.
For more poppular, you may try red/ green bean soup with TO-FU fa. You may try at Heng Fa Dessert which is locate at Causeway Bay. Beside, Heng Fa Dessert also make great in steamed egg/ steamed milk.

The most famous egg tart shop must go- Tai Cheong Bakery 泰昌餅家 which is locate at 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central.
For Hongkongers brand craze. Honestly, our youngers are super famous brand (Gucci, LV) manaic. Part of them love Japan style, so they prefer (Visvim, Undercover, Y3 etc), Neverthless, a lot of youngers are support local design such as (Chocolate, Dusty, Fingercrxx, K2 Factory etc) But all of them not cheap, roughly spend HKD$150-250 for a tee.

lobstersim

Reaction score
may i know how to go to Yuen Long to buy Hang Heung wife biscuits and eat Ho To Tai Wanton Mee?

bluesky1

Reaction score
wow! registered just to provide travel info for Hong Kong!

Thank you so much!

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Hang Heung Yuen Long outlet is located at 64-66 Castle Peak Road. U can either take their KCR West Rail and alight at Yuen Long Station and walk or for a shorter walking distance, change to LRT at Yuen Long Station and take LRT to Tai Tong Road Station (almost dropping opposite). To go to Ho To Tai (G/F., No. 67 Fau Tsoi Street) from Hang Heung, Cross the road from cake shop to opposite at Yat San Street. Walk towards end of Yat San Street and turn right into Fau Tsoi St. Walk straight along Fau Tsoi St, destination inside Foo Choy House on left.

may i know how to go to Yuen Long to buy Hang Heung wife biscuits and eat Ho To Tai Wanton Mee?

w3nGaL

Reaction score
when we talk about brands like coach, gucci during July sales, how much is their sale (about how many percent off?) wiser to purchase at DFS or HK gucci, coach boutique itself?

mubz96

Master Member
Reaction score
Cool, a real hong konger. Is it possible to rent apartment room (for 2 -3 ppl) for just a few days like 3 to days? How much it will cost at hk island, kowlooon or new territories? DO I need to know someone who live there locally to rent?

thanks so much!

lobstersim

Reaction score
thanks alot! it is really helpful and informative! ;)

Hang Heung Yuen Long outlet is located at 64-66 Castle Peak Road. U can either take their KCR West Rail and alight at Yuen Long Station and walk or for a shorter walking distance, change to LRT at Yuen Long Station and take LRT to Tai Tong Road Station (almost dropping opposite). To go to Ho To Tai (G/F., No. 67 Fau Tsoi Street) from Hang Heung, Cross the road from cake shop to opposite at Yat San Street. Walk towards end of Yat San Street and turn right into Fau Tsoi St. Walk straight along Fau Tsoi St, destination inside Foo Choy House on left.

EquinOoX

Master Member
Reaction score
can i know whats the famous 3 storey traditional HK cafe? I think its in Mongkok or something. Its in the HK adverstisements also

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont mention. :) Have a nice trip!

P.S. The LRT interchange/station is unlike ours, its ground based and the interchange looks a bit like a bus interchange! Check the signs for directions ...

thanks alot! it is really helpful and informative! ;)

limeiyan1231

Reaction score

Thanks for your information.
You're right.

To be honest, these two shops are well known at HK, but it's so far if your next/ former destination at Mong Kok/ Tsim Sha Tsui/ Causeway Bay. If you really interest our "Wife Biscults/ Waton Mee" , you also can found out at Mong Kok station. For special food in HK, I recommend a shop at Mong Kok "No#135 Fa Yuen Street" It's call "Ki Tsui Cake Shop 奇趣餅家"
1202557030_dd8378201f_o.jpg

There got many specail baked food, I recommend "Siu Ben 燒餅"about HK$3.5/pc , "Hearn Jiu Go 香蕉糕" HK$2/stick
1195471703_b2bc31ca94_o.jpg

1195481123_84ec31f6cd_o.jpg
and there got egg tart also.

Last edited:

limeiyan1231

Reaction score
when we talk about brands like coach, gucci during July sales, how much is their sale (about how many percent off?) wiser to purchase at DFS or HK gucci, coach boutique itself?

HI~
When you're interested in Gucci, prada, miumiu etc, HK got a shop call "TWIST" which is locate at Causeway Bay "World trade Centre" and Tsim Sha Tsui "THE SUN ARCADE" near DFS. They always offer a sales more then DFS or Gucci, Coach boutique itself. Normally, They sell those product cheaper then purchase at DFS or boutique.:D

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi limeiyan1231,

Thanks for the recommendations. Will definitely try out the Ki Tsui Cake Shop at Fa Yuen St for my next trip. Yes, i'm well aware that HK MTR = SG MRT but when i referred to the LRT at Yuen Long, i'm referring to Light Rail in HK. You dont have MTR/KCR stops called Tai Tong Road Station do u? :) One thing about Hang Heung in Yuen Long is the freshness of its bakery. U can buy the same stuff from an outlet at Sogo Causeway Bay for example but the things are not as fresh from my experience. I also found a little shop at Yuen Long (near Hang Heung) that sells peanut sweet. Really very nice, has little coconut bits inside. Its on my MUST BUY for my next trip. :D

Thanks for your information.
You're right.
But We call "MTR" not "LTR", MTR just like your "MRT"

To be honest, these two shops are well known at HK, but it's so far if your next/ former destination at Mong Kok/ Tsim Sha Tsui/ Causeway Bay. If you really interest our "Wife Biscults/ Waton Mee" , you also can found out at Mong Kok station. For special food in HK, I recommend a shop at Mong Kok "No#135 Fa Yuen Street" It's call "Ki Tsui Cake Shop 奇趣餅家"

limeiyan1231

Reaction score
Cool, a real hong konger. Is it possible to rent apartment room (for 2 -3 ppl) for just a few days like 3 to days? How much it will cost at hk island, kowlooon or new territories? DO I need to know someone who live there locally to rent?

thanks so much!

HI~
If you don't consider live in our hotel. I found a website for your reference ( but it's chinese version only) http://www.1-hong-kong.com/hktbig5/111/01-01.htm
It's cheap, but pls don't expect to have a plenty facilities, normally they only can provide Shower, bed, TV and water. :yawn: If you want, i can call and book for you.=:p

limeiyan1231

Reaction score
Hi limeiyan1231,

Thanks for the recommendations. Will definitely try out the Ki Tsui Cake Shop at Fa Yuen St for my next trip. Yes, i'm well aware that HK MTR = SG MRT but when i referred to the LRT at Yuen Long, i'm referring to Light Rail in HK. You dont have MTR/KCR stops called Tai Tong Road Station do u? :) One thing about Hang Heung in Yuen Long is the freshness of its bakery. U can buy the same stuff from an outlet at Sogo Causeway Bay for example but the things are not as fresh from my experience. I also found a little shop at Yuen Long (near Hang Heung) that sells peanut sweet. Really very nice, has little coconut bits inside. Its on my MUST BUY for my next trip. :D

Haha~~ I understand. Because i seldom by LRT and I never notice their short form, normally we call in cantonese, so i though u're talking abt MTR. Sorry for mistake you.
And i correct it right now.

For Heng Heung stuff always sell in some big centre or supermarket. But we've no idea where are their station. Yap, you're right. It's not fresh at all coz they deliver from Hang Heung Yuen Long side.

BTW, When is your next trip?

Last edited:

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Limeiyan1231, would appreciate if u can tell me how to get to Tai Cheong Bakery if i were to take the MTR. It doesnt appear to be any MTR stations nearby. Whats the best way to get there? Are there any other nice egg tart shops apart from Tai Cheong Bakery? Thks! :)

The most famous egg tart shop must go- Tai Cheong Bakery 泰昌餅家 which is locate at 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central.
For Hongkongers brand craze. Honestly, our youngers are super famous brand (Gucci, LV) manaic. Part of them love Japan style, so they prefer (Visvim, Undercover, Y3 etc), Neverthless, a lot of youngers are support local design such as (Chocolate, Dusty, Fingercrxx, K2 Factory etc) But all of them not cheap, roughly spend HKD$150-250 for a tee.

dbeng99

Reaction score
may i know which one is cheap, near to mtr and shopping areas.. just need a place to lie down at nite only but also not too run down ones.Thank you.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
No problems. BTW, what do u call Light Rail in Cantonese? My last trip was end Feb to early March this year. I'll be dropping by again around Nov this year, straight from Taiwan. Really like the weather in HK during my last trip, with temp dropping down to lowest 6C (heavenly!!!). BTW, any nice HK dim sum places that u would recommend? The best i've tried is Maxim Palace at City Hall. Canton Deli at Gateway is also not bad. I find the very popular Chao Inn only average, though prices are very affordable.

Haha~~ I understand. Because i seldom by LRT and I never notice their short form, normally we call in cantonese, so i though u're talking abt MTR. Sorry for mistake you.
And i correct it right now.

For Heng Heung stuff always sell in some big centre or supermarket. But we've no idea where are their station. Yap, you're right. It's not fresh at all coz they deliver from Hang Heung Yuen Long side.

BTW, When is your next trip?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.