4d3n itinerary for hong kong

INeedaPHONE!

Reaction score
Hi I'm going to hong kong for my first time this labour day and have no idea what to do or buy. I have a budget of S$2.4k for 4 people and am purchasing ocean park tickets as well. Do advice!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜Š

INeedaPHONE!

Reaction score

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. Hotel and air tickets are paid for already. It's enough is it? Left 11+ days 😱 can't wait πŸ˜€

Should be more than enough unless you guys are buying a lot of branded goods and eating expensive food. Most places around HK are free of charge to visit, unless the places you are interested require an entrance fee.

Assuming that 4 adults are going to Ocean Park, it will cost you about $240 (HK$1380).

Some essential costs:

• Transport costs (get their Octopus card, it's like our ezLink card, very convenient). If you are taking their MTR and buses, you probably won't need more than HK$300 (~$53) per person for a 4 to 5-day stay in HK. If you are taking cab, then I have no idea.
  • Prepaid data SIM card - cheapest is HK$78 (~$16).
  • Food and drinks - if you eat at cha chan teng everyday, on average per meal will be HK$8 per person (food + drink). Street stalls and small eateries will be cheaper.
  • Hotel deposit - normally it's set at HK$500. That will be returned upon your checkout. Bring extra HKD just in case you don't have enough to spend.

guitar123

Reaction score
Should be more than enough unless you guys are buying a lot of branded goods and eating expensive food. Most places around HK are free of charge to visit, unless the places you are interested require an entrance fee.

Assuming that 4 adults are going to Ocean Park, it will cost you about $240 (HK$1380).

Some essential costs:

• Transport costs (get their Octopus card, it's like our ezLink card, very convenient). If you are taking their MTR and buses, you probably won't need more than HK$300 (~$53) per person for a 4 to 5-day stay in HK. If you are taking cab, then I have no idea.
  • Food and drinks - if you eat at cha chan teng everyday, on average per meal will be HK$8 per person (food + drink). Street stalls and small eateries will be cheaper.
  • Hotel deposit - normally it's set at HK$500. That will be returned upon your checkout. Bring extra HKD just in case you don't have enough to spend.

Average meal HK$8 per person? Or SGD 8 per person? I think it is more like SGD 8 per person in a place like Tsui Wah.

guitar123

Reaction score

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Average meal HK$8 per person? Or SGD 8 per person? I think it is more like SGD 8 per person in a place like Tsui Wah.

Oops, got the calculation wrong. I was thinking in SGD, but wrote HKD. :o

INeedaPHONE!

Reaction score
Ocean Park is worth going, but note the food prices within the park are quite expensive relative to the rest of Hong Kong.

See my blog posts for more information.
http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2015/04/ocean-park-hong-kong-part-1-travel-to.html

Wow thats a very nice blog :s13: was looking around for hk tim ho wan videos also and found one at your site thanks :s22:

Some essential costs:

Thanks! prepaid sim card got how much data?:s12:

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! prepaid sim card got how much data?:s12:

Assuming that you get the One2Free SIM card, it's "unlimited". HK$78 for 7 days. But if you overshoot 5GB within 7 days, then your speed could be throttled.

The PCCW-Discover Hong Kong prepaid SIM card gives you 1.5GB for 5 days, 5GB for 8 days.

China Mobile gives 1.5GB or 2GB (can't remember) for 7 days. Their instructions too confusing. Don't know what I activated. :s13:

Last edited:

INeedaPHONE!

Reaction score
Assuming that you get the One2Free SIM card, it's "unlimited". HK$78 for 7 days. But if you overshoot 5GB within 7 days, then your speed could be throttled.

The PCCW-Discover Hong Kong prepaid SIM card gives you 1.5GB for 5 days, 5GB for 8 days.

China Mobile gives 1.5GB or 2GB (can't remember) for 7 days. Their instructions too confusing. Don't know what I activated. :s13:

i went to the website after you recommended me the few sim cards and found that the tourist sim card(HKD $96) and One2Free Sim Card(HKD $88) are the more preferable ones. Which one should i buy?:s22:

have you booked your hotel? which?

i booked the PentaHotel Kowloon. Kinda regretted =:p because it was so far away

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those prepaid sim card all 7 eleven have? if they are on stock :s11:

According to their website, it's sold in 7-11. But 7-11 also run out of stocks many times. That time my friend was lucky enough to get one for me before it ran out.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but its quite far away :( have u been there before? :s13:

nope, didn't stay there before. googled that it's 10 mins (i think?) to the nearest mtr.

was quite tempted to book marriot courtyard and hyatt regency shatin also cos they were 3k+ for 4 nights, but alas, the distance.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I usually stay at shatin park royal. Can go HK or Shenzhen.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suggest u leave citygate shopping till last day B4 you fly. store yr luggage w airport rental, then take bus S1 to citygate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.