The Cityview Hong Kong

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everywhere doing business is the same, when the costs rise up especially the rental and hkd keep dropping lol~~~

Ya that's right but for us overall spending still is affordable
Missed their roasted goose Liao
Local taste no fight :(

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The difference between HK and Singapore is the crowd. Contributed by the large number of mainlanders visiting HK, u can find that eateries are packed THROUGHOUT the day! It's quite a different scene compared to many years ago. Their weekday non peak hours at the restaurant is like peak hours..fully seated with a long queue.

Cafes as well!
Whenever I heard peo complaint abt sg so crowded, I laughed

liverpool73

Reaction score
Went in nov 2012 n it was drizzling throughout. Hopefully I have better luck this time round.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Had a dim sum lunch today @ Sun Tung Lok (Miramar Shopping Centre), a Michelin 2 star restaurant which truly deserves the award!

Durian puff!

Nice environment, great service..highly recommended for anyone looking for premium quality dim sum and dessert.

lovejade

Master Member
Reaction score
The wise one , thanks for recommendation! Will definitely try to make reservation!

What other place must one go ?!

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some recommendations here.

I like Tai Chung Wah recommended by kmkwan. Food is good and reasonably priced. Little out of the way.
I want to go back for their signature pig trotter. Their roast goose is pretty good also.

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hong-kong-270/must-eat-food-hk-4685522.html#post87118660

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
U r most welcomed. I will update and post more when I have completed the trip. Meanwhile u can have a look at my previous posts here:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...-iii-1st-dec-2013-7th-dec-2013-a-4490973.html

Food quality in some places which was previously quite decent has gone downhill. One place to avoid is Maxim Palace at City Hall Central. Very disappointing!

The wise one , thanks for recommendation! Will definitely try to make reservation!

What other place must one go ?!

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

2dwasrt.jpg

Tried their porridge best
Order their fried bee hoon too tasty :)

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would recommend their bee hoon for only HK $13
Fulling and tasty

liverpool73

Reaction score
Just did a price comparison based on the various promotions which the credit card had with the various hotel booking sites using The Cityview HK and the prices (Nov 14 for 6 days) are as follows:

(a) Zuji/HSBC/13% - $1081.07
(b) Expedia/UOB/10% - $1129.88
(c) Expedia/CIMB/10% - $1129.88
(d) Hotelclub/DBS/13% - $1096.77

Seems like Zuji is even better than hotelclub though both have 13% disc tie up with the banks. However the Zuji offer is ending on 31 Jul 2014.

Last but not least, also compare the price offered by Jetabout Holidays Global Sites but simply cannot match.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.