Hong kong in end June with Family

kakapone

Reaction score
Heard that the weather is bad...

either too hot, or it will rain/thunderstorm/typhoon...

Planning to bring family to disneyland....

Anybody been there during this period?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If can go autumn or winter as its more comfortable. It gets very humid in summer as well.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Heard that the weather is bad...

either too hot, or it will rain/thunderstorm/typhoon...

Planning to bring family to disneyland....

Anybody been there during this period?

Bring umbrella and raincoat. Raining season.

I kena typhoon before when I went in July. Stuck in hotel for 1.5days cos typhoon No. 9. But nothing to worry about, typhoon is not scary as long as you are in the city area. Hongkong people take it as a public holiday.

Cinemas and restaurants, eateries are still open during typhoon.

xXboxXx

Reaction score
Bring umbrella and raincoat. Raining season.

I kena typhoon before when I went in July. Stuck in hotel for 1.5days cos typhoon No. 9. But nothing to worry about, typhoon is not scary as long as you are in the city area. Hongkong people take it as a public holiday.

Cinemas and restaurants, eateries are still open during typhoon.

For Umbrella bring a stronger one as my umbrella got blown till it folded in the opposite direction lol :s13:. That was in July 2-3 years back.

Anyway for typhoon usually the rain is not very strong, but the wind is ultra strong. And during the day there will be several bouts of slight drizzle.

Yes end june is hot but it is also the start of Hong Kong summer sales, have fun, shop and eat more! :D

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, my family is going HK for 4 days 3 nites (1 day disney). Any recommendation of place to visit?

Last edited:

misssotong

Reaction score
if the typhoons is serious, malls will be closed.
flights will be delayed...

I kenna typhoon years back at end june.
use a raincoat, not an umbrella because the winds are too strong.
hard to hold on to umbrella and the umbrella will just keep flipping over.

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
Not every typhoon so jialat one. Only one or two super strong that come near HK every year.

Anpanman

Reaction score
Not every typhoon so jialat one. Only one or two super strong that come near HK every year.
The weather is so unstable during Summer, can't tell if any thunderstorm or big typhoon in here during that period.
Most of 茶餐廳,shopping malls still open below typhoon No.8

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
If can go autumn or winter as its more comfortable. It gets very humid in summer as well.
The humidity is high during 回南天( Feb and March) and relatively lower than Singapore during summer time.

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just came back from hong kong, the air is cooler there...

back in sg sweat like h3ll

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope weather just as good next week.
Did you visit any place of interest? How's the crowd level?

managed to see the full view of Hong Kong at The Peak, there is no fog, i am lucky for the week i went :s13:

out of 6 days, only 1 day rained and its in the late night, so not so bad for my holiday backpack trip

kaysee

Reaction score
just came back from hong kong, the air is cooler there...

back in sg sweat like h3ll

totally agree. in HK last week, or rather few days back. i hike the outskirts of HK, its not cooling actually, but just that its hot and less humid. didnt even perspire alot. come back sg i walk out of my house to the MRT nearby my shirt behind wet already :(

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
totally agree. in HK last week, or rather few days back. i hike the outskirts of HK, its not cooling actually, but just that its hot and less humid. didnt even perspire alot. come back sg i walk out of my house to the MRT nearby my shirt behind wet already :(

True, but the quality of air in HKsucks. Mostly affected by the factory pollution in the surrounding guangdong province.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.