HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hong Kong Taxi (noob tripper question)

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #1

Hong Kong Taxi (noob tripper question)

Hi, I will be going HK next wk, my first trip to HK.
As I was reading the threads here, just wondering are there any 'things' to look out for when taking a taxi there?

Is it same as SG taxi?

After landing in HK airport, is taxi the only option to go to my airport? I will stay in CityView.

Please pardon if my questons are too noob

Thanks in advance.
HandShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey there handshaker,

I'll be going to HK and staying in Cityview too.

Actually, you should opt to take the shuttle bus straight from the airport to Cityview. It's fast, comfortable and you won't need to worry about getting ripped off.

Contact your tour agent / hotel direct to arrange for shuttle transport.

Joico Erratic
Joico Spiker
Syoss Tu-re Hard
Sebastian Crude Clay
Sebastian Hair Spray
urban_closet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #3

Ok thanks man. I'll check out the shuttle bus thingy.
Old 29-04-2009, 04:01 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey there handshaker,

I'll be going to HK and staying in Cityview too.

Actually, you should opt to take the shuttle bus straight from the airport to Cityview. It's fast, comfortable and you won't need to worry about getting ripped off.

Contact your tour agent / hotel direct to arrange for shuttle transport.
I won't bother with the shuttle bus if i were you, cost HKD120 or so per pax, i can take the airport express which is faster then take the complimentry shuttle bus from kowloon station to your hotel which is faster and cheaper.

If more than 2 persons, straightaway jump onto a cab, cost HDK260 or so only. I think to Cityview only HKD240 or so. The cab drivers there are very nice overall, on par or even better than locals. They will help with luggage without you asking and even print receipt without me asking. Very professional and they go by meter so they won't rip you off for sure.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #5

I won't bother with the shuttle bus if i were you, cost HKD120 or so per pax, i can take the airport express which is faster then take the complimentry shuttle bus from kowloon station to your hotel which is faster and cheaper.

If more than 2 persons, straightaway jump onto a cab, cost HDK260 or so only. I think to Cityview only HKD240 or so. The cab drivers there are very nice overall, on par or even better than locals. They will help with luggage without you asking and even print receipt without me asking. Very professional and they go by meter so they won't rip you off for sure.
Noted with thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #6

for long distance travel some cab drivers are willing to charge less
miguel_mista is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.