money changer

BobyC24

Reaction score
hum, quite interesting James, thanks.

To all experienced travelers to Hong-Kong:

1- Do you think it is better to change here with changers than in HK?

2- Where are the best changers in HK?

3- Is it better to change with changers or bank in HK?

thanks friends!

ToshiyaX

Reaction score

thanks friends!

Many have feedback it is better to change in SG for better rate. Changing in HK wouldn't fetch you anything higher than HKD6 according to some of the feedback here and that is consider a higher exchange rate in HK.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
U change more hkd in singapore in case u do not have enough hkd. The exchange rate is so lousy in hk that u save more $ even if u change back of hkd to sgd in singapore.

darr

Reaction score

thanks friends!

1. Yes

2. Standard Money Changer, at TST.

3. Changers.

shermianz

Reaction score
so far guys, is it better to use debit card over in hong kong for shopping or use hong kong cash?
because last month i went to taiwan, i changed money from the arcade building and the rate was 23.57 but then when i was in taiwan, i used debit card and the rate was 23.67!
so im wondering if its the same as hong kong??

use cash. i used my card and the exchange rate is around 6.00 T.T

minsyminsy

Reaction score
I have HKD2050 consist of HKD30 coins left from my previous trip. Exchanging at the rate of 6.3. If you are interested, please pm me. Prefer to deal in the west.

alexyeost

Reaction score
hi friends, im a singaporean, working in hong kong, and my salary is given to me in hkd. i am planning to return back to sg on a permanent basis, thus id like to change my hkd to sgd...

thus, if anyone is interested in exchanging their sgd to hkd, i am willing to do the exchange. however, transaction is to be done in hkg as i am located here.

rate can be done at the current spot rate, which beats any money changer out there anytime. feel free to drop me a pm and we can discuss abt it, thank u

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.