Touring Hong Kong? Come ask me!

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether it is necessary to book the hk to macau bus tickets in advance? Where to find the timetable?

I am thinking of doing day trips to macau and zhuhai

Maybe can try the HSR to guangzhou as well

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Any xiaomi phone or small electronic stuffs worth buying?

Can only think of buying 老婆饼

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS 5T

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
think u will need 3 taxis. :s13:

for me...

I would take the airport express to HK station. then change to the "Free" (included in the price) bus transfer to your hotel.

the price is pretty good for big groups...

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/services/airport_express_index_tourist.html
http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/services/complom_free_bus.html

for me, the train is pretty comfortable. just make sure if u got kids, don't get into a quiet cabin.

*edit*

u can also try this...
https://www.klook.com/activity/803-luxe-minivan-transfers-hong-kong/

The klook deal is good. Thks

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, any idea how much is the taxi fare from airport to causeway Bay Area like time square?

Also do they have larger taxi to accommodate like 6 passengers?

Am contemplating whether to take the A11 bus (think it’s HKD40? Per pax) or taxi. I have 10 people

i used myhktour for my private airport transfer... they have 7 seater so can seat 6 passenger + driver... i booked 2 vehicles for my party of 8... be sure to let them know how many luggages you have so they know whether can fit or not...

Edamat

Reaction score
Anyone tried taking the bus service via New bridge to Macau/Zhuhai? Any idea how to go to the so call terminal complex from Airport? Their website seems very confusing. Many Thanks in Advance

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any xiaomi phone or small electronic stuffs worth buying?

Can only think of buying 老婆饼

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS 5T

Phones only slightly cheaper...

What kind of small electronics stuffs? Cameras not really. Mouse maybe more expensive than Singapore.

But mechanical keyboards are worth it. I think they are cheaper. HDD and thumbdrives also not much difference...

The only good point? More variety. Might have something that's really value for money.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
think u will need 3 taxis. :s13:

for me...

I would take the airport express to HK station. then change to the "Free" (included in the price) bus transfer to your hotel.

the price is pretty good for big groups...

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/services/airport_express_index_tourist.html
http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/services/complom_free_bus.html

for me, the train is pretty comfortable. just make sure if u got kids, don't get into a quiet cabin.

*edit*

u can also try this...
https://www.klook.com/activity/803-luxe-minivan-transfers-hong-kong/

So I booked the klook service. I was told to provide a number to be contacted using whatsapp. I have my Singapore number but I will be changing to a Hongkong sim card when I land in Hongkong. Will the whatsapp be smart enough to still allow me to receive the whatsapp message when the transport driver whatsapp me on my Singapore number though I changed to a hongkong sim? I will not know the hongkong number until I buy it when I reach there

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I booked the klook service. I was told to provide a number to be contacted using whatsapp. I have my Singapore number but I will be changing to a Hongkong sim card when I land in Hongkong. Will the whatsapp be smart enough to still allow me to receive the whatsapp message when the transport driver whatsapp me on my Singapore number though I changed to a hongkong sim? I will not know the hongkong number until I buy it when I reach there

Yes still can rcv. Dont worry. Whatsapp will notify you change sim card and will ask if you to remain the same number. I using iphone, idk bout android. I in hk now. You can buy the klook sim card. Very good and fast connection. Go everywhere also gt signal. Like singapore. Macau i not sure. I nv go there.

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For Android phones, even if you change SIM, you can still use your Singapore number to WhatsApp. Anyway, I think the number printed on the card is always wrong. That's my experience.

andy1982

Reaction score

whatsapp goes by account. just make sure u don't do anything to your whatsapp and it will not know that you switch sim cards. just make sure u give your sg number to anyone else who needs to whatsapp u in HK.

the only issue is when someone (or yourself) use the simcard on another phone and register onto whatsapp, then your account will be transfer to the other device.

mrssim2009

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a singaporean living in HKG, if you have any questions about HKG please ask away and I'll try my best to answer!
For families/bigger groups that want to tour together I can hook you up as well, drop me a PM!

can u pm me? Thanks!

Haman

Reaction score
Yes still can rcv. Dont worry. Whatsapp will notify you change sim card and will ask if you to remain the same number. I using iphone, idk bout android. I in hk now. You can buy the klook sim card. Very good and fast connection. Go everywhere also gt signal. Like singapore. Macau i not sure. I nv go there.
Hi, regarding the Klook sim card package, is it really cannot be used on mifi or pocket wifi? Anyone tried before? I was thinking since only need to know the APN settings, then I can put inside the phone n record the settings needed, then transfer the sim to the mifi n key in the settings again. Will it work or is really lock to phone only? Thanks.

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

going HK end Nov...7 days

is Prudential Hotel good?

What would be the temperature then?

Thanks

I don't know how you define good...

But it's good enough for me. It's clean, smells good, room sizes are decent, bed is comfortable, nearby many places, and it's right on top of Jordan MTR station, which means you don't have to walk far after a long day of travelling outside.

Their pricing though.. could be expensive...

End November will be cooling. Anything from low 20s to mid to low 10 degrees. That's the estimated temperatures without wind. With wind, it can go pretty low. I think it hit about single digit when I was at Ngong Ping...

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, regarding the Klook sim card package, is it really cannot be used on mifi or pocket wifi? Anyone tried before? I was thinking since only need to know the APN settings, then I can put inside the phone n record the settings needed, then transfer the sim to the mifi n key in the settings again. Will it work or is really lock to phone only? Thanks.

If it's CSL, then it doesn't lock to phone from my experience. I've tethered to my other phone as my usual phone GPS is sucky.

Klook package seems to be using China Mobile (based on a quick check of the website), which in my experience, isn't as good and may have restrictions for tethering. Read and research about it before buying it.

By the way, this one is promoted by HK Tourism Board, and is the SIM card that I always buy if I go HK - http://www.discoverhongkong.com/sea...ller-info/communications/tourist-sim-card.jsp

It's more expensive, but the service is better, and of course, can tether. Good for those who are using pocket wifi or mifi. The data given is quite generous, provided you don't watch too many HD videos throughout your entire stay there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.