Touring Hong Kong? Come ask me!

mrssim2009

Reaction score
Hello guys Ocean Park questions.

Is it worth to get Fast Track tickets? Its about SGD50 more than normal tickets. Can use to fast track 7 rides.

Thanks.

if u are taking Cathay flight, they are having promotion on their website. $35 for adult.

mrssim2009

Reaction score
It's really easy.

Go Uniqlo.

1. Get the Heattech warm wear. It's usually in plastic packs. I think can get the Extra Warm version if they are scared of cold. If not, just get the normal version. This one should be sufficient in cool weather without wind. And this one doesn't have fur that may irritate the skin. So you can just wear it.

I have this one - https://www.uniqlo.com/sg/store/kids-heattech-extra-warm-crew-neck-t-shirt-4083390006.html

I wore this for Korea this January when it was still snowing... It really kept me warm.

2. Get a jacket with windbreaker function. If scared of cold, can get the one with cotton/wool. The windbreaker function is usually made of polyester or something that's water resistant.

You can get either the following to keep warm:

https://www.uniqlo.com/sg/store/women-blocktech-parka-4090960005.html?colorc=COL02

https://www.uniqlo.com/sg/store/women-ultra-light-down-jacket-4091120036.html?colorc=COL16

Both pieces are thin and easy to pack into luggage. Don't underestimate their thinness though. It's really warm.

Posted from PCWX using PCWX

i got both the jacket for them. hope it will be enough.

Thanks for the advises

looking forward

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
oh no... from dec onwards even colder.... :s13:

but shoik lah. we travel to enjoy different weather. same weather no fun

It still feels hot but definitely cooler than Singapore. Earlier Dec will be cold. Last week the temp also range between 28-23 but when it stated 23, somehow I don't have to don the jacket case am sweating under the sun.

andy1982

Reaction score
now I considering not to bring too many jackets..

my kid is bringing 4-5pc of jackets. fashion show he says :s13::s13:

tell him to bring 3..... then go there see nice then buy.

there got lots of attractions.. ocean park, disney, sure will sell nice jackets. :s13:

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
any tips on
- airport transfer to/fro Tsim Tsa Tsui
- transport to/fro Macau (is it better to take bus/ferry)
- Disneyland tickets/discount?
- Octopus Ticket/Card can get from Mileslife or?

mrssim2009

Reaction score
tell him to bring 3..... then go there see nice then buy.

there got lots of attractions.. ocean park, disney, sure will sell nice jackets. :s13:
yeah! thats what we told him.

for Lego, can go In's Point right?

any shop recommendation in there? dun want get ripped off.

thwysg

Reaction score
any tips on

Take Bus A21. It’s only HKD33.
Ferry. Saw the reports of insufficient bus services to cater to the crowds.
Try Klook or Changi Recommends.
I got mine from 7-11 for Tourist Octopus Card. You can get one from Airport station.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any hotel to recommend around mongkok? with young kids. TIA!

What's your budget? When are you going? Hotel rates vary a lot Depending on high/low season and weekday weekend.
How old your kids? Most rooms are small at budget end and can't fit another bef. May need family room.

andy1982

Reaction score
any hotel to recommend around mongkok? with young kids. TIA!

Cordis is a safe bet, cheaper choice would be metropark mongkok. both are decently close to the train station.

going on monday!

19-22 degrees seems not v cold ?

me too. think its the wind more than the temperature.

yeah! thats what we told him.

for Lego, can go In's Point right?

any shop recommendation in there? dun want get ripped off.

sorry. I don't go branded shopping. lol! but good to buy stuff at Disneyland. oh and don't wait till the end of the trip and only buy from the main store. disneyland experts always recommend buying something just after the ride. it will make the item more meaningful, and attach a special memory to the item.

any tips on

Airport express train is nice. its fast but more costly than a bus. comfortable journey. but if u want to save money, then take an airport bus.

i will always pick a ferry over a bus... it just feels... different. i remember when i was young... the simple pleasure of having to take a boat to sentosa, it felt like an adventure. nowadays... its feels like another part of the country. not an island getaway.

disneyland... Klook, or get it from the official website they usually have some freebies like shopping vouchers or snacks. sign up for a membership and they will throw in a shopping voucher too. i actually bought the tix for me and gf separately so we both got vouchers.

octopus card... can get from any train station, if u are not fussy. they will issue used cards.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.