[Official] DVB-T2 USB/PCI-E/PCI TV Tuner Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gluggy

Reaction score
Any other options than TBS if I wanna buy dual or quad DVB-C cards?

I have the quad-tuner DVB-C box from HD Homerun (HDHR3-4DC), and I'm very happy with it.

It's more expensive than the usual USB tuner, but at least I don't have to worry about driver issues (the tuner sends the streams into my MythTV box).

alvin688f

Reaction score
Anyone knows if I require a DVB-T2 set up box if my TV supports DVB-T/C? Or I only need to purchase the DVB-T2 antenna alone? And I am staying on low floor. As I am staying in Woodlands and the digital TV signal will only be received on antenna on late 2015 / early 2016. Currently, I am only able to receive HD5, SD5, SD8 and SD CNA on HDB antenna.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Anyone knows if I require a DVB-T2 set up box if my TV supports DVB-T/C? Or I only need to purchase the DVB-T2 antenna alone? And I am staying on low floor. As I am staying in Woodlands and the digital TV signal will only be received on antenna on late 2015 / early 2016. Currently, I am only able to receive HD5, SD5, SD8 and SD CNA on HDB antenna.

since ur tv supports DVB-C, why not connect to SCV tv point to get all the HD channels as DVB-T2~? on top of that, u will also able to recv SuperSports Arena & Lifetime channels which DVB-T2 don't offer~ :s22:

libertizer

Reaction score
anyone use totalmedia on dvb-c? can share the channel list .chl file?
i cant tune to HD5 on my usb tv stick. I can tune to the rest of the mediacorp channels
thanks

alvin688f

Reaction score
since ur tv supports DVB-C, why not connect to SCV tv point to get all the HD channels as DVB-T2~? on top of that, u will also able to recv SuperSports Arena & Lifetime channels which DVB-T2 don't offer~ :s22:

May I know how do I actually connect it up? Do I need to get the DVB-T2 box or something on top of the usual antenna or I just need to get the antenna alone in order to connect to the SCV socket? Sorry as I have not used/accessed the SCV socket before.:o

sunsetbay

Reaction score
May I know how do I actually connect it up? Do I need to get the DVB-T2 box or something on top of the usual antenna or I just need to get the antenna alone in order to connect to the SCV socket? Sorry as I have not used/accessed the SCV socket before.:o

couldn't be simpler~ no need any set-up-box nor antenna~ just connect directly to the scv tv point with the tv cable~ go to ur tv menu & re-tune your tv channels by selecting DVB-C option~ :s22:

alvin688f

Reaction score
couldn't be simpler~ no need any set-up-box nor antenna~ just connect directly to the scv tv point with the tv cable~ go to ur tv menu & re-tune your tv channels by selecting DVB-C option~ :s22:

Sorry I still have another question as my point is the default maTV point. And the other point other than the matv point is a male point and the tv cable supplied is both female ends. So do I need a converter to convert male to female point or should I actually get an antenna to receive the remaining hd channels which I am currently not receiving on maTV point?

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Sorry I still have another question as my point is the default maTV point. And the other point other than the matv point is a male point and the tv cable supplied is both female ends. So do I need a converter to convert male to female point or should I actually get an antenna to receive the remaining hd channels which I am currently not receiving on maTV point?

get an adapter or easier way is to buy a new tv cable~ :s22:

images

images

hwsinn

Reaction score
problem solved already? :s11:

anyway, 6281 (using drivers 1.0.0.6 now) works fine with NPVR

even with a combination of several TBS tuners and hauppauge tuners recording whole day with NPVR, also dun have any tuner crashing problem like urs

Hi LxIxVxE

I suspect it was NPVR giving me the problem. So i switched to Windows Media Center (win 7) to test it out. So far for the past 1 week everything was running smoothly. On mondays, i will have overlapping recordings so lets see if tmr's recording will go well. But so far everything is well on WMC.
The only trouble is the recording format is .wtv. While it is easy to transcode to .ts, i seem to lose the subtitles (except those that are embedded in the video itself eg. Ch U). But this is not a big issue for me.
So far WMC is the only software i know that can record dual tuners and is working for me.

EDIT: The overlapping recordings seem to have come in. Havent got time to watch them yet. Just only verified there are 3 video files haha

Last edited:

hwsinn

Reaction score
LxIxVxE bro, thanks for the reply.
After much painful experimentation, I think I isolated the problem to 1 of the 2 tuners. There is nothing wrong with my other hardware, they happily co exist with my other stuff.
Most likely Ill rma the tuner (any idea if the rma process is painfree?) I already wasted 1 day reinstalling the OS, jumping between systems, changing usb ports, etc etc... :(

So far I used the TBS 6281 (pain-free, never tried the dvb-c driver though), TBS 5520 USb (pain plus plus but could be a odd damaged 5520), hauppauge 292e (pain-free once I found the drivers, I had to rma my 290e to get these)

You might want to try on WMC like what i have done. If not, you need to ship it back which is 10 working days or so and you have to bear the shipping.

morgankell

Reaction score
hey bro, im using wmc for all my tuners.
currently too busy at moment so havent shipped back yet... got 1 year to rma anyway,

libertizer

Reaction score
i managed to get dvbviewer to work for the mygica t230 tuner.
however the local sd channels on dvbc 642Mhz are very choppy.
i suspect either the tuner is faulty or signal is very bad at above 600mhz.
is there anyway we can improve the signal strength?

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.